UK Forum

All Britain Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Miami305:  ""glasgow will win 10+ imo" scrape a win with 2 points to spare

"mcdermotts will win it out by 2-3" and got hammered by 13. that's losing by a serious score, not the 7 points they beat Eire og by in '18

talking out of your hole aren't you haha"
no and i will hold my hands up and say i did not see those results coming. fair points from cill dara on conditions and pitch but glasgow lost there main forward not long into the game and that made it a closer match.

i dont know much about mccurtains or mcdermotts. i was only going on what others were saying and the fact mcdrmotts have a lot of history in the competition. thought that would have made the difference.

stick with what i said. scotland teams have been the teams to beat over the past 5 years and no one has really come close apart from neasden last year who had a few senior county players from down. i dont think it will change this year but hope for a good game.

Saltire_Scout (UK) - Posts: 7 - 11/11/2019 12:10:02    2249044

Link

Replying To Saltire_Scout:  "no and i will hold my hands up and say i did not see those results coming. fair points from cill dara on conditions and pitch but glasgow lost there main forward not long into the game and that made it a closer match.

i dont know much about mccurtains or mcdermotts. i was only going on what others were saying and the fact mcdrmotts have a lot of history in the competition. thought that would have made the difference.

stick with what i said. scotland teams have been the teams to beat over the past 5 years and no one has really come close apart from neasden last year who had a few senior county players from down. i dont think it will change this year but hope for a good game."
new name on the trophy this year, always good for a competition, Dunedin been dominant force last few years but toppled by Glasgow in Scotland this year whilst McCurtains have beaten Lanacshire and Warickshire champions, so you would expect a tight game on Sunday. Lancs and Scotland have dominated the tournament the past decade with London's last success being Fulham in 2006. Hard to call , no idea what the pitch is like, but sounds like its not one of the best facilities in the land.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1990 - 13/11/2019 13:33:32    2249432

Link

Replying To Saltire_Scout:  "no and i will hold my hands up and say i did not see those results coming. fair points from cill dara on conditions and pitch but glasgow lost there main forward not long into the game and that made it a closer match.

stick with what i said. scotland teams have been the teams to beat over the past 5 years and no one has really come close apart from neasden last year who had a few senior county players from down. i dont think it will change this year but hope for a good game."
I think T Macs are much more balanced than Neasden were as they relied on 1/2 players and had a lot of filler, especially in their backline. Macs have strong players in all lines and have a good squad as well.

Should be a cracker.

macruiskeen (UK) - Posts: 35 - 13/11/2019 15:01:56    2249470

Link

McCurtains to win by 4 points.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 16/11/2019 19:56:35    2249902

Link

McCurtains to win by 4 points.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 16/11/2019 19:56:39    2249903

Link

great win for McCurtains, think the tougher games they had since the county final stood to them yesterday, very tight game with McCurtains coming good towards then end. Well run club and celebrating 100 years next year. Glasgow though should be a force in the Al Britain in the coming years, main focus for them this year was toppling Connollys.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1990 - 18/11/2019 11:19:25    2250116

Link

congratulations to thomas mc curtains, well deserved. seem like a good club. hopefully they get a big crowd out now for the all ireland quarter final.

gaels will be back hopefully sooner rather than later.

Saltire_Scout (UK) - Posts: 7 - 20/11/2019 09:28:05    2250445

Link

Best of luck to Thomas McCurtains tomorrow in their junior all Ireland quarter final

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 07/12/2019 17:40:08    2253714

Link