Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

National Forum

Westmeath Football thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I wonder why the 2pm start. Could it be televised by TG4, I wonder?

Iarmhisamhi (Westmeath) - Posts: 82 - 05/10/2026 10:08:06    2696204

Link

Replying To Iarmhisamhi:  "I wonder why the 2pm start. Could it be televised by TG4, I wonder?"
Where are all the refs in the County gone? 2 reffed the 5 senior knockout matches between them.

iarmhiabu (Westmeath) - Posts: 420 - 05/10/2026 11:05:47    2696219

Link

Replying To Iarmhisamhi:  "I wonder why the 2pm start. Could it be televised by TG4, I wonder?"
Game is live on TG4.

BadgerDog (Westmeath) - Posts: 102 - 05/10/2026 11:35:58    2696234

Link

Replying To iarmhiabu:  "Where are all the refs in the County gone? 2 reffed the 5 senior knockout matches between them."
@claretandblue

iarmhiabu (Westmeath) - Posts: 420 - 06/10/2026 12:35:03    2696391

Link

Tight enough senior football final to call. For me the sum of the parts would mean The Downs retain their title. I think they have improved since last year while Lomans have possibly regressed. Mitchell's form is excellent and gives them another angle. Don't think he played in Presume O'Toole will be home and involved maybe as an impact sub. Think he played v The Downs in the group stage but not since. Flanagan and McCartan are a decent midfield pairing but I'm looking at The Downs front 6 vs Lomans backs and can only see one winner. That said, Dempsey, Cox, Heslin and the younger McCartan will take some watching. Thought the ref was a little harsh on Kinnegad the last day with some frees so hopefully we get a more free flowing entertaining game. The recovery of Lynam and Loughlin from serious injuries is remarkable so fair play to them.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 1268 - 07/10/2026 14:30:33    2696517

Link