Westmeath Forum

U19 Football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Westmeath213:  "The usual management I'm presuming, Gavin as manager I think isn't it ?
The management will have a fair idea who should be in there. Last years older players obviously are out of age but then they'll have younger lads joining in , they would know who they want considering there isn't that much of a pick of players who many would consider "quality" players"
"The management will have a fair idea who should be in there. Last years older players obviously are out of age but then they'll have younger lads joining in , they would know who they want considering there isn't that much of a pick of players who many would consider "quality" players""
Wouldn't bet on it, not talking about the u20s but
Was involved at underage for club for last 10 years and never saw the County management at revelant level at any game, unless he was involved with opposition club team.

madbull (Westmeath) - Posts: 194 - 15/01/2021 10:32:07    2327521

Link

I know the u20 management emailed clubs to send in their players that are interested in joining up, so I'm presuming they will hold trials after that

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 132 - 15/01/2021 11:46:02    2327529

Link

Thanks for letting me know, and good to hear. Although sending players in for a 1/2 match trial is not the as seeing them during the year.
Ie. Some players try to do to much during trial and waste opportunity for others.
Also some clubs don't want realise players as they will be missed for their league matches

madbull (Westmeath) - Posts: 194 - 15/01/2021 11:55:45    2327533

Link