Fermanagh Forum

Red Card Overturning

(Oldest Posts First)

Just heard that The Quigleys red cards where overturned on Tuesday night. Very disappointed to hear this. I was not at the game to see the incident but have heard from a number of neutral men that at least one of the cards was deserved and they where unsure about the other as they didn't hear what was said by the player to the ref. it is a bad sign when our top ref has his decisions overturned, and I would like to think that there was a good reason that they where overturned. however it appears that there wasn't and this sheds a dim light on our county board. However it bodes well for Rosleas chances in ulster and I wish them all the best against Ballinagh

manowar (Fermanagh) - Posts: 147 - 24/10/2013 14:04:08    1505478

Link

The county board is a complete joke. Time and time again they let the same clubs / players off. The only thing they are doing is adding to the already universal belief that they really and truely dont have a clue what they are doing. From hiding the county finances to making a c0ck up of the fixtures, to handing out All Ireland tickets to people who wouldnt know how to spell GAA, to overturning red cards to give a team a better chance in Ulster !!! The county board will have to stop this practice of over turning red cards before there is a Ref revolt and in all honestly who will blame them !! Will they do anything with regards the threats that the Ref took after this league semi final, should they stop the person (who they know clearly) from entering Brewster Park to watch the match against Ballinagh !! i wonder how the situation would be handled if this incident had happened during this first round match.

Hairytoes (Fermanagh) - Posts: 26 - 24/10/2013 16:45:22    1505593

Link

This is a complete joke and a sad reflection on the win at all costs mentality that now exists in the GAA and in one club in particular in Fermanagh. Coming on the back of their behaviour in a recent league game, the conduct of some of their supporters after the league semi final and now this. What message is being sent out here? I wouldn't be surprised if the referees did protest.

gaeelforce15 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 24 - 24/10/2013 19:34:51    1505685

Link