UK Forum

All Britain Hurling Championships

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Fullen Gaels have already sent there camogie team down to London.

daskip89 (Galway) - Posts: 234 - 18/11/2014 20:30:53    1673171

Link

Finally the last All Britain hurling contest takes place with the shield final being played on Saturday in Bham between St Declan's V Liverpool Wolfe tones.. Any predictions? From what I hear Declan's will fancy themselves after overcoming Yorkshire Emeralds a few weeks back

666 (UK) - Posts: 28 - 19/11/2014 15:58:40    1673389

Link

Declans are definitely the favourites after seeing both teams play, the Wolfe tones are improving but have a long way to get to the same level as Declans.

DNFWTGaa (UK) - Posts: 48 - 20/11/2014 10:05:12    1673558

Link

Should be a good game of hurling just a pity its been played at this time of year when the regular training is not a regular thing. The main question is though is the interest there from wolf tones with the quality of players fullen gaels have. st Declans are a good side had a good win in the semi final. its hard to choose but ill side with st declans only by a few points.

maybelogic (Galway) - Posts: 30 - 20/11/2014 17:27:16    1673782

Link

I see alot of people are thinking declans will win this judging on there semi final win.

As a neutral i can see this going either way.

I went to see the lancashire final between wolf tones and fullen and it was a great game and wolf tones were very unlucky.

Lets all just wait and see after saturday because i really can see this game going any way

UkHurlingFan (UK) - Posts: 6 - 20/11/2014 18:07:08    1673798

Link

I know in the County final Tones put it up to us but it must be noted we had far from our strongest team out that day, and they were still found wanting,

I got to see a good part of the Declans v Yorkshire semi final before our game a few weeks back and from what I saw then I would favour Declans by a few points seemed like a more rounded team both strong and physical up the middle and balanced on the wings as well which is something the tones lads lack.

Corklad (Cork) - Posts: 16 - 20/11/2014 19:43:34    1673829

Link

the section game was drawn but the teams have changed a bit since then, havent seen declans since that game, but have seen tones, they have improved a lot since then it will be an interesting game that may be too close to call

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 21/11/2014 10:19:23    1673895

Link

Well done to the WolfeTone lads, winning comprehensively 0-17 to 0-08 over a solid Declan's team. Tones were just a little bit sharper and more prepared on the day. It was a great advertisement for British hurling, both semi finals and finals were played with 15 men a side, so thankfully the shield can loose the 11 a side connotation.

Lancashire complete a clean sweep of the hurling honors, thoughts will now surely turn to the lorry megaher, 2015 will be an interesting year for British hurling.

DNFWTGaa (UK) - Posts: 48 - 23/11/2014 09:46:38    1674285

Link

Well done to Wolfe Tones. Declans massively disappointed to lose but very young team so are glad of the experience they've got from this year.

daskip89 (Galway) - Posts: 234 - 24/11/2014 10:33:17    1674492

Link

A very good win for Wolfe Tones over what we all expected would be a victorious St Declans. Though Declans started off well once Tones got into the game there only looked like being one winner. Before the match I suspected Tones may have 2/3 with a good chance of perhaps getting on the Lancashire team for next years Lory Meagher but after seeing the final the majority of players they have will really be pushing for starting positions ahead of Fullens Gaels players.. As for Declans you can really see that they have got good potential and a solid unit, will not be surprised to see them regroup next year and take advantage of the experience of this shield and win it comfortably next year.

666 (UK) - Posts: 28 - 27/11/2014 09:26:20    1675127

Link

link

Thought Hagan might be interested in this link about the 'plethora of suspensions' handed down to Roger Casments after the Shield Quater Final, didnt realise there were 'intra-county' transfer issues too!

DNFWTGaa (UK) - Posts: 48 - 09/12/2014 14:43:03    1677607

Link

Interesting article alright. If you read it properly though it highlights how badly this was handled. Both players asked the question if they were clear to play and both have proof that they were told they were clear. The provincial council have followed the wrong procedure by not offering the players and club in question a hearing.
In regards to the intra county transfers all these players have been playing all year without complaint and it is just this issue that has highlighted this. I would say a genuine oversight.
I cannot speak on behalf of Casements but I think if they were to pursue an appeal like the two players then the failings of the provincial council to deal with this in the correct manner along with the evidence that they were assured they were ok to play will result in this decision being overturned.
On another note I don't see much action on the match that was abandoned over five weeks ago must be a big in depth investigation into this? Look forward to seeing the outcome!

hagan (Donegal) - Posts: 99 - 09/12/2014 16:27:46    1677645

Link

I would have to agree with you in fairness, I think everyone involved thought that what they were doing was above board and was probably naively done in good faith. So I would feel particular sympathy for the players caught up in the intra-county transfers issues!

However I still have little sympathy for the two lads who transfered over from Ireland. If you read the inter-county transfer form it clearly states to "Give the full address of your new permanent residence and the period of residence at this address". And when you sign the form you sign under a statement which reads: "I hereby declare that the above information is true". By the accounts in the paper one of the players lives full time in Dublin.

Whatever about playing within six days after the transfer is granted in Croke Park (i.e. three days for objection from both County Committees plus three days after registering with the club) its going to be very hard to retrospectively prove that the players involved were resident in Britain not to mention living in the Coventry area!

Big lesson for all clubs over here to double and triple check transfers. Just remember Do Not F___ With The Gaa

DNFWTGaa (UK) - Posts: 48 - 09/12/2014 17:38:14    1677674

Link

Good to hear from you Hagan we were a wee bit worried there for a while. Talking to a Casements man he said they did not appeal because of some written evidence that one of the players was told he could not play. not sure was that the big mane players or the ex Mitchells ones. However I believe that Casements hurlers had there AGM in the Flanellys last Saturday night.

macs4eva (UK) - Posts: 107 - 09/12/2014 20:20:57    1677702

Link

Best of luck to Fullen Gaels in this Saturdays All Ireland JHC Quater Final against Modeligo Gaa (the Waterford and Munster junior hurling champions).

If they can keep Tom Divine quite I reckon they have a great chance of springing an upset.

My prediction
Fullen 3 - 11 Modeligo 1 - 15

(The game will be played in Pairc na Eireann this Saturday the 10th Janurary. Throw in 1:30pm)

DNFWTGaa (UK) - Posts: 48 - 08/01/2015 16:32:41    1681543

Link

Best of luck to Fullen Gaels in this Saturdays All Ireland JHC Quater Final against Modeligo Gaa (the Waterford and Munster junior hurling champions).

If they can keep Tom Divine quite I reckon they have a great chance of springing an upset.

My prediction
Fullen 3 - 11 Modeligo 1 - 15

(The game will be played in Pairc na Eireann this Saturday the 10th Janurary. Throw in 1:30pm)

DNFWTGaa (UK) - Posts: 48 - 08/01/2015 16:35:08    1681546

Link