Offaly Forum

Yes We Can

(Oldest Posts First)

Long before Obama the people of Clonmore said it! Over twenty years ago the Clonmore people were told that they couldn't possibly field a football team. Many people including the Foys, The McNamees , The Dunnes, to name but a few, stubbornly , and correctly , refused to accept this theory. How right they were and how proud they must be to day. In the interm they have won two Junior B titles and have now crowned it by winning the Junior A and graduating to intermediate ranks. For one who was indirectley involved in the early days this is a proud moment. All you people rejoice , what was considered impossible is now more that a reality. It is a dream come true. Clonmore Harps are indeed small bit very beautiful so on to greater success in the future.

Sac (Offaly) - Posts: 6 - 04/10/2010 13:00:10    789750

Link

Are Ballinabrackey who won the Meath Junior Championship the previous weekend and Clonmore from the same parish. They must have a number of connections. Imagine if they were to meet in the Leinster championship.

Auldfella (Meath) - Posts: 472 - 04/10/2010 14:21:51    789803

Link

Well done to Clonmore, a great achievement for a small club, and ye are an example to all!

curious George (Offaly) - Posts: 861 - 04/10/2010 17:35:07    789934

Link

I heard one of the Shamrocks players giving Noel Cooney (I presumed he refereed the game? I could be worng) dogs abuse when I was going into the hurling games. Did he do anything controversial or was it just a case of a bad loser?

Congratulations to all involved. Fantastic achievement

tonorio (Offaly) - Posts: 584 - 04/10/2010 17:59:46    789952

Link

ye he was brutal....shamrocks kicked some stupid wides tho,if they had a free-taker they wud hav won

balboa (Offaly) - Posts: 100 - 04/10/2010 21:55:54    790184

Link

Auldfella
County: Meath

789803 Are Ballinabrackey who won the Meath Junior Championship the previous weekend and Clonmore from the same parish. They must have a number of connections. Imagine if they were to meet in the Leinster championship.

they can only meet in the semi final..would be fun alright

10theyear (Meath) - Posts: 58 - 05/10/2010 14:59:55    790505

Link

sac great to read your post and you were right,the harps did have to put up with alot when re-forming the club,for the likes of John Foy,Sean Dunne,who are involved in the harps since the start this a dream come through,but for the players it is just reward for all the effort that they put in since last January and to see them also win their leauge semi-final today was great,the committment that these lads to the club,to football and most of all to each other i dont think could be matched in this county.If anyone said back in 1987 that one day clonmore harps would win a junior a championship,be in a league final AND represent the county in leinster they would have been locked up!!! also have to say well done to ballinabrackey who also won their jr a championship and are in the league final in meath,a great acheivement for 2 small clubs in a small area,best of luck CONMORE HARPS for the rest of the year,no matter what happens you have brought a grea sense of pride to your club and your area.

dubbled (Offaly) - Posts: 86 - 09/10/2010 20:52:05    793402

Link