Fermanagh Forum

League Finals

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Sorry that should have been 2 Division 2 teams in the senior championship semi final, not final.

jimmy1 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 8 - 15/10/2019 19:44:48    2243798

Link

Replying To jimmy1:  "We now have two of the top 5 teams in division 1 playing intermediate championship next year .
Kinawley are in the ulster intermediate championship and play division 1 football
How does this reflect on us in Ulster ?
Other Ulster teams are correctly asking how division 1 teams can be playing intermediate championship.
The league has been reduced to an absolute joke and reform is drastically needed
We had two teams in division 2 in the SENIOR championship final .
The whole thing is a complete shambles"
Jimmy1, you and erneboy's contributions makes mores sense than yond Nontheism poster whose comments are not shared widely ias he might think in the GAA community. There is a growing school of thinking that our county football produces little or no success and should take second place to club football and clubs should have first call on their players within reason, rather than the county. That way we will see improvement in both the club league campaigns and club championships. I rest my case.

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 959 - 15/10/2019 22:41:37    2243842

Link

cillenaile, I don't necessarily disagree with the thoughts of club v county imbalance. But the conversation is about the here and now, the league structures and the REALITY that the county board has a responsibility to the clubs to run an effective league and to field county teams from senior down.

So with that in mind, and if you were in charge and responsible to run the league and the county teams, how would you realistically deliver that?

Nontheism (Fermanagh) - Posts: 105 - 16/10/2019 10:32:46    2243887

Link