Dublin Forum

We need to talk about Paul Flynn

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Look Costello,Lowndes,mannion,Brady,o conghaile, o gara and carthy and so on have all been on the panel since Gavin took charge. Gavin isn't the type of guy to not put fellas in. Fenton,byrne and small are examples of if they are performing he will play them. So for me the guys that are starting are the ones who are showing better in training so its up to the other guys to show better to get into the team."
Nailed it Hill. Agree 100%

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8157 - 21/09/2016 18:52:35    1917638

Link

Costello very unlucky with injuries and it halted his progress, I'm still confident he can become a regular, only young still but is one player I feel will slot in and already has seen some decent game time to prepare him for his chance, two excellent feet and his time will come, he had a very good league campaign

Mannion was starting before he left the squad, only came back this year after not playing much inter county then just as he came back after having an excellent game against Kerry got injured playing for UCD.
He's nowhere near his prime and will offer a lot more

Con for me would be starting for Mayo if available to them, he's every bit the footballer as DOC, the sooner he's let express himself the better, a big talent

These are the type of players that will follow after BB, PF etc and I think they absolutely have what it takes

EOG's younger brother is another talent that needs to be looked at, I can think of 4 more young men under 23-24 that would walk into most teams that are all promising prospects

You'll see next year that all of the above will see more game time and the more they get the better. We don't want to do a Kerry, not when we have the options and planning for the future will soon become an absolute necessity

I never mentioned the other players you mentioned Hill, I agree that a few you mentioned may never have the impact that the above players are capable of

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19833 - 21/09/2016 20:29:19    1917696

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Costello very unlucky with injuries and it halted his progress, I'm still confident he can become a regular, only young still but is one player I feel will slot in and already has seen some decent game time to prepare him for his chance, two excellent feet and his time will come, he had a very good league campaign

Mannion was starting before he left the squad, only came back this year after not playing much inter county then just as he came back after having an excellent game against Kerry got injured playing for UCD.
He's nowhere near his prime and will offer a lot more

Con for me would be starting for Mayo if available to them, he's every bit the footballer as DOC, the sooner he's let express himself the better, a big talent

These are the type of players that will follow after BB, PF etc and I think they absolutely have what it takes

EOG's younger brother is another talent that needs to be looked at, I can think of 4 more young men under 23-24 that would walk into most teams that are all promising prospects

You'll see next year that all of the above will see more game time and the more they get the better. We don't want to do a Kerry, not when we have the options and planning for the future will soon become an absolute necessity

I never mentioned the other players you mentioned Hill, I agree that a few you mentioned may never have the impact that the above players are capable of"
I'm not saying there not good enough in pointing out that all these guys are good players but at the moment the guys that are starting ahead of them must be showing better form in training as i believe Gavin isn't the type of guy to play a person on reputation alone, he brought McCafrey and kilkenny straight into the team in 2013 and Fenton last year so he had proven this. I agree o Callaghan looks a super young player and I personally without knowing his training ground form of late would have felt he was the guy to replace brogan and not o gara last Sunday, but that's exactly it o gara must be showing something more in training in the build up to last week that he choose him it didn't work out as o gara was poor when he came in but Gavin has delivered in this area of his management consistently over the last four years so I would have to back him.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 21/09/2016 21:23:34    1917729

Link

We need to talk about Paul Flynn?

dully83 (Dublin) - Posts: 9 - 02/10/2016 14:27:29    1921487

Link

"Costello very unlucky with injuries and it halted his progress, I'm still confident he can become a regular, only young still but is one player I feel will slot in and already has seen some decent game time to prepare him for his chance, two excellent feet and his time will come, he had a very good league campaign"

His time just came.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19833 - 03/10/2016 13:10:05    1921859

Link