Down Forum

Portaferrys All Ireland Chances

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Broadband back up and running in Ballygalget since the terrible drubbing you took down in our place, 24 points was it?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 10/02/2015 10:27:27    1691954

Link

bricktop
County: Down

1691954 Broadband back up and running in Ballygalget since the terrible drubbing you took down in our place, 24 points was it?

+ 1

Tim_Burr (Down) - Posts: 460 - 10/02/2015 11:08:14    1691965

Link

Oh that last post got through!!

As for the game on Saturday, my initial concerns were realised as the carnival that comes with being in your first AI club final proved to be too much for the team to deliver to their potential.

Terrible start, Karol waay too far off the line......not up to the pace of the game, a few better friendlies were needed by the looks of it. Stickwork and first touch not where it was in September and October, same old failings, the team ethic went by the wayside as too many wanted loose ball to look good on TV.
In all fairness the defence held out rightly, but were overrun in the end. Forwards barring the odd forray from Dule never looked like getting a goal or two. Some soft frees from the ref helped the look of the score, but Kilmallock will need something more to bring them on to face Ballyhale!!

The party is over, but no doubt it was enjoyed whilst it lasted!

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 10/02/2015 11:17:33    1691966

Link

Hello Bricktop, your beloved crans have taken some drubbings over the years so no need to run your mouth off here boy. How many Championships have Ballycran won in the past 20 years? seriously how many? I could say you could count on one hand how many you won with your so called unbelievable minor teams etc...fleet footed crans I do believe they were dubbed. Ballygalget were shocking last season but you seem to forget Ballycran were relegated to division 2 a few years back so less off the mouthing off big dog.

grandagrokepoke (Down) - Posts: 347 - 10/02/2015 11:31:42    1691977

Link

yeah, we had our lean spell, yours is just beginning but I don't recall getting stuffed by 24 points by any of our neighbours and your golden generation certainly didn't.

We've still more Jeremiah McVeighs than both our neighbours, Kilclief still out in front, not sure why you picked the arbitrary 20 years though, does that suit your agenda?

As for slabbering, I think you were the one who started the cheap shots, didn't Rathnure hammer you also, history lesson 101 if you want it!!

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 10/02/2015 12:05:18    1692023

Link

brick top you aren't smart enough to give me a history lesson, no cheap shots out of me you mouth, just giving my honest opinion (and facts) but yeah 20 years or so is right as its as far back as I can remember how long we have all had to listen about these great youngsters Ballycran have coming through....we are still waiting. So what if it was 24 points or more, we were really bad and I would say you wont see a Ballygalget team perform like that for many a year to come. Our lean spell wont last long don't worry about that, yes Rathnure did give us a good hammering, only our 2nd foray into the All-Irelands at that stage but we learnt from that and moved on. The point I'm making is this - Ballycran have won very little in championship terms in modern times. That is a fact. The championships were mainly shared out between Portaferry and Ballygalget despite all the hype and all the talk about the fleet footed crans. That is not a cheap shot. That is a fact. A lot of people on here will agree with that. That my friend is a fact.

grandagrokepoke (Down) - Posts: 347 - 10/02/2015 12:52:42    1692049

Link

Well said grandapoke we'll be back where we
belong next year last year is history now
onwards and upwards

galget1967 (Down) - Posts: 131 - 10/02/2015 13:32:31    1692078

Link

onwards and upwards

Well considering you're at the bottom of the pile there is only one way to go.

Get out those Yazz CD's.. 'The only way is up Baby!'

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 10/02/2015 14:48:14    1692117

Link

haha you would be the boy for the "Yazz Cds" alright, correct galget1967 all we can do is confine that terrible season to the past. Who knows we might not even get out of division 2 but mark my words we will be a different team come the championship and there will be no 24 point drubbings or anything like it. Looking forward to the season ahead...even if it is division 2, we shall build ourselves back up again....you have got that song in my head my brick top...the only way is up!!!!

grandagrokepoke (Down) - Posts: 347 - 10/02/2015 16:40:43    1692169

Link

One father questions manager why his wee joey wasn't on so it wasn't plane sailing as youth will be youth after classes

34inchhurl (USA) - Posts: 90 - 10/02/2015 19:08:09    1692223

Link