Kildare Forum

Dublin v Kildare Leinster semi final 2013?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Can you believe it? There is a Kildare/Dublin thread on the Meath forum.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2975 - 28/06/2013 16:03:57    1417743

Link

it wasn't started by a Meath poster though

kildareman_dave (Kildare) - Posts: 111 - 28/06/2013 16:15:25    1417753

Link

Just to wish our lads the very best tomorrow, and even if the head says we have little chance, I believe that we can do it with all my heart...

cill dara abu!

lily75 (Kildare) - Posts: 130 - 29/06/2013 20:13:25    1418407

Link

Kildare the fittest team in the country? Kildare fans are the most optimistic in the country and the team are the most overrated in the country. Last won what when? Dublin by 5 or more. At a canter.

turnandshoot (Donegal) - Posts: 446 - 29/06/2013 21:37:57    1418587

Link

Kildare the fittest team in the country? Kildare fans are the most optimistic in the country and the team are the most overrated in the country. Last won what when? Dublin by 5 or more. At a canter.

________

Nothing wrong with optimism and having belief in your team.

I hope you're right about the result but Kildare are decent and have very good fans.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13598 - 30/06/2013 10:26:09    1418743

Link

I'm going up with a lot of expectation today lads. We have the Dubs exactly where we want them. We will be better off going in as underdogs.

This Dublin team is overrated. Now don't get me wrong, they're a good team, but not invincible. If we stay in this game up untill the 55th minute, WE WILL WIN

takeyourpoints_ (Kildare) - Posts: 89 - 30/06/2013 11:02:34    1418784

Link

All the best lads here,s to a great game...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 30/06/2013 11:36:24    1418818

Link

Best of luck lads.........keep it tight at the start and silence the crowd

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 737 - 30/06/2013 11:53:15    1418845

Link

takeyourpoints_
County: Kildare

1418784 I'm going up with a lot of expectation today lads. We have the Dubs exactly where we want them. We will be better off going in as underdogs.

This Dublin team is overrated. Now don't get me wrong, they're a good team, but not invincible. If we stay in this game up untill the 55th minute, WE WILL WIN

Overrated by who exactly?And who said they were invincible?IF kildare are still in the game up untill the 55th they will win,me thinks not Dublin have a stronger bench and will gain the upper hand in the last quarter.

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2260 - 30/06/2013 12:29:36    1418881

Link

Same old same old

devilred (Kildare) - Posts: 96 - 30/06/2013 16:39:23    1419129

Link

That's not a gap in talent. That's the difference in being able to put out a basic football team and not having a clue what you are at. Get him out of there now and put a token team out for the qualifiers. We play garbage football.

Daith (Kildare) - Posts: 1140 - 30/06/2013 17:33:25    1419203

Link

Dont like the tone of your post Daith I Hope this is not the start of a witch-hunt Kildare cant afford this type of thing in Kildare Positive Facts are we have some very good young lads coming on Juniors won thier championship minors are favourites for Leinster. Negative facts (from Kildare point of view) are that this Kildare team has just come up against the county with the best sponsorship structure (including a university where football is the number one game and amount to the premier centre of excellence in the country in the form of DCU) Dublin club league is by far the best in the country regarding competitiveness and quality and a county which have a player base to pick from that can only envied. The County team has come a long way since Offaly stuffed them in a AI qualifier I know it been well analysed on this forum but except for a couple of baffling decisions during McG reign (which I suppose is now coming to an end) Kildare record under him could have been a lot different. Sorry for going on so long but this AI is Dublins to lose something they well may do (given their ability to implode) but it has to be recognised at this moment in time in the GAA world that Dublin are two steps up the ladder on all comers. Its just unfortunate Kildare has to meet them every year when they are just getting into the groove. However it has to be questioned is a super power in Leinster, as Dublin are, doing the game any good. Any way lets encourage the new crop of young lads coming not demoralise them they never take the field to lose.

AreWeHuman (Kildare) - Posts: 242 - 30/06/2013 18:07:16    1419271

Link

Well done lads great hussle

Royalio11 (Meath) - Posts: 750 - 30/06/2013 18:07:41    1419273

Link

Dont like the tone of your post Daith I Hope this is not the start of a witch-hunt Kildare cant afford that type of thing. Positive Facts are we have some very good young lads coming on. Juniors won their championship minors are favourites for Leinster. Negative facts (from Kildare point of view) are that this Kildare team has just come up against the county with the best sponsorship structure (including a university where football is the number one game and amount to the premier centre of excellence in the country in the form of DCU) Dublin club league is by far the best in the country regarding competitiveness and quality and a county which have a player base to pick from that can only envied. The County team has come a long way since Offaly stuffed them in a AI qualifier I know it been well analysed on this forum but except for a couple of baffling decisions during McG reign (which I suppose is now coming to an end) Kildare record under him could have been a lot different. Sorry for going on so long but this AI is Dublins to lose something they well may do (given their ability to implode) but it has to be recognised at this moment in time in the GAA world that Dublin are two steps up the ladder on all comers. Its just unfortunate Kildare has to meet them every year when they are just getting into the groove. However it has to be questioned is a super power in Leinster, as Dublin are, doing the game any good. Any way lets encourage the new crop of young lads coming along not demoralise them they never take the field to lose.

AreWeHuman (Kildare) - Posts: 242 - 30/06/2013 18:10:36    1419278

Link

Hard luck Kildare. Incredible first half of football. Unlucky to concede goal before half time. Thought geezer could have used the bench earlier. Future is bright with strong under 21 squad. Best of luck in qualifiers.

bert09 (Meath) - Posts: 1676 - 30/06/2013 19:08:11    1419387

Link

Bert makes sense. That's a very young team. I think the game is leaning towards younger players now and we're well placed relative to the rest of the country. Dublin's transition is ahead further along than ours, plus they have 6 times as many footballers, much more money etc.

I'm not saying we give up chasing. If Donegal can get to that level then so can we. But it'll take this team a year or two

Count_Awesome (Kildare) - Posts: 736 - 30/06/2013 21:31:15    1419699

Link

@Count_Awesome. Dream on pal dream on. It won't take a year or 2 it'll never happen. No All ireland's or Leinsters coming to Kildare. We had our chance of winning Leinster when the team was at its best between 2009-2011 and we blew it. Even last year was a great opportunity of winning Leinster when Dublin seemed vulnerable but we blew that against Meath in the semi final. Had as great chance in 2010 of reaching an All ireland final and winning it but were'nt good enough against Down, but of course we blame the square ball for that. Its the end of the road for us im afraid.

cilldaraboy82 (Kildare) - Posts: 61 - 01/07/2013 17:43:42    1420860

Link

cilldaraboy82

@Count_Awesome. Dream on pal dream on. It won't take a year or 2 it'll never happen. No All ireland's or Leinsters coming to Kildare. We had our chance of winning Leinster when the team was at its best between 2009-2011 and we blew it.

Take a step back and see how you feel in a few days time cilldaraboy, after a heavy defeat it's natural to use the legendary 'never again' statement but when it's your county involved it's practically impossible to genuinely walk away from them. I do agree though that I thought between 09-11 was this Kildare teams best chance of winning Leinster but who knows, if the draw works out next year you could find yourselves in a Leinster final so don't despair just yet.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8620 - 01/07/2013 19:13:54    1420974

Link

Not trying to rub salt in any wounds but from the outside looking in it seems ye were at yer peak and most dangerous in 2011, having yer best chance at winning Leinster then! Since then it seems with the introduction of so many new players that ye have gone waaay back to kind of 'start over' right back at the beginning of a rebuilding phase or something (which I personally think is something a 'new manager' does rather than one who is well and truly under the microscope for a few years now).
Kildare will not win Leinster anytime soon Im afraid.
I think a new team should start with a new manager!
2 years ago the margin was a single point.....now it is more than 10!
Time for an interview without coffee!

Regards,

Snufalufagus.....Laochra Gael

Snufalufagus (Dublin) - Posts: 8100 - 02/07/2013 16:23:36    1421822

Link

Undoubtedly an overwhelming defeat. I've been following the Lilies since the mid 50's and will always look to the positives. I havent seen the official statistics of the game in terms of possession and wides etc but my impression on the day was that we had plenty of the ball and made great inroads into the Dublin half. So many final passes into the D were cut out by the Dubs defence. On another day these chances could have been taken.
Where was Thomas O'Connor? If he was under those balls he would surely have fielded a high percentage of them and laid them off. The manager is right when he says this is the begining of a new,young squad. All those fellows acquited themselves well and will have learned enormously from the experience. I'm looking forward to the Qualifiers and to watching this team grow and develop
As to the Dubs; they looked mighty and will take some stopping this year. Their style of play is refreshing and much more entertaining that getting everyone behind the ball

1956 (Kildare) - Posts: 3 - 02/07/2013 17:13:52    1421906

Link