Westmeath Forum

Ladies All Ireland

(Oldest Posts First)

i would just like to wish the westmeath ladies the very best of luck on sunday in the all ireland ladies intermediate final against meath in croke park . good wishes go to manager sean finnegan , his backroom team and all the players . a special mention to johanna maher of tyrrellspass and to paul mcgivney who is on the backroom staff . one unique thing from the match is that lucy mcartin will be going for a double success having won the fai ladies cup final with peamount united last saturday . iarmhi abu

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - Posts: 1288 - 18/12/2020 11:48:24    2323390

Link

Replying To mickcunningham:  "i would just like to wish the westmeath ladies the very best of luck on sunday in the all ireland ladies intermediate final against meath in croke park . good wishes go to manager sean finnegan , his backroom team and all the players . a special mention to johanna maher of tyrrellspass and to paul mcgivney who is on the backroom staff . one unique thing from the match is that lucy mcartin will be going for a double success having won the fai ladies cup final with peamount united last saturday . iarmhi abu"
And her brother is playing in the minor semi v Offaly at almost the same time!
Best of luck to the Westmeath team. You'd hope that a few years playing, and staying in, division 1 football will stand to them on the big day.

jamsie (Westmeath) - Posts: 278 - 18/12/2020 12:38:41    2323407

Link

How is there no women from the bridge on the squad and they won two in a row?
Very strange spread of players.

PowellJohn (Westmeath) - Posts: 32 - 20/12/2020 14:45:44    2324586

Link

Replying To PowellJohn:  "How is there no women from the bridge on the squad and they won two in a row?
Very strange spread of players."
I find that strange to. Maybe they aren't interested in playing county football?

Leftpeg1 (Westmeath) - Posts: 44 - 20/12/2020 17:48:20    2324690

Link

Replying To Leftpeg1:  "I find that strange to. Maybe they aren't interested in playing county football?"
Fiona Coyle is vice captain but I think is injured.
It does seem unusual that there wouldn't be at least 3 or 4 on the panel from the current senior county champions.

ondeball (Westmeath) - Posts: 105 - 21/12/2020 14:03:54    2325079

Link

Replying To ondeball:  "Fiona Coyle is vice captain but I think is injured.
It does seem unusual that there wouldn't be at least 3 or 4 on the panel from the current senior county champions."
I think Karen McDermott retired last year. A few more play county camogie so probably couldnt commit.

soreknee (Westmeath) - Posts: 135 - 21/12/2020 15:50:44    2325119

Link

Replying To soreknee:  "I think Karen McDermott retired last year. A few more play county camogie so probably couldnt commit."
I've enquired since and heard that only 1 (Fiona Coyle) of the back to back county champions panel were asked into train with the current county panel. Is this true? If so seems very odd. Id like to add that i currently live abroad and have no bias towards any club.

Leftpeg1 (Westmeath) - Posts: 44 - 23/12/2020 00:58:48    2325585

Link