UK Forum

Warwickshire 2020

(Oldest Posts First)

Well Lads, almost that time of year again, anyone any news on managerial changes or players coming & going as well as predictions across the board like.

In another note anyone know what state the pitches are in for the games sunday?

JustSaying. (UK) - Posts: 51 - 21/02/2020 13:21:48    2268791

Link

What's going on with the Warwickshire hurlers ?
I see a walkover has been given to London, in today's national league game, pretty embarrassing for the county as a whole , anyone know why the county didn't field.
County board wasting money again, I believe two new kits bought for the hurling team, home & away kit, then don't even bother to travel to a game.
Must have money to burn, I wouldn't say the sponsor's would be to happy about this.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 01/03/2020 14:50:39    2271126

Link

Replying To mayoallstar:  "What's going on with the Warwickshire hurlers ?
I see a walkover has been given to London, in today's national league game, pretty embarrassing for the county as a whole , anyone know why the county didn't field.
County board wasting money again, I believe two new kits bought for the hurling team, home & away kit, then don't even bother to travel to a game.
Must have money to burn, I wouldn't say the sponsor's would be to happy about this."
They r due to play this weekend so would have been pointless I'd imagine.(bottom 2 meet in relegation in this group)

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 335 - 03/03/2020 11:18:38    2271902

Link

Any mention on when and if there will be any games played this year?

JustSaying. (UK) - Posts: 51 - 04/08/2020 16:16:29    2286352

Link

No mention in London or Herts anyway, so assume Warwickshire still waiting. The silence is frustrating though, a statemenr of what is happening, what they hope to happen etc would be good

LondainBhoy (UK) - Posts: 34 - 06/08/2020 12:08:44    2286590

Link

I think a lot of sports are waiting for the government to confirm when they can return to play. As I understand it, governing bodies (in our case the provincial council) submitted their proposals for how to return to play and the department for culture, media and sport then review each proposal.

Said it on the other thread but I think there is a growing number of players across the counties on this side of the water who are transferring back home.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 62 - 07/08/2020 12:30:54    2286738

Link

Looks as if games are to commence 6th September - does anyone know if there are supporters allowed?

JustSaying. (UK) - Posts: 51 - 26/08/2020 10:19:56    2289178

Link

Replying To JustSaying.:  "Looks as if games are to commence 6th September - does anyone know if there are supporters allowed?"
I know soccer is allowed supporters now below Conference North/South (with limits). You'd assume GAA would be lumped into that kind of bracket and be fine. If a game was on in a field that is open, it's hard to see how anyone could stop someone walking by and having a look

LondainBhoy (UK) - Posts: 34 - 26/08/2020 10:32:22    2289182

Link

Couple of the senior games this weekend are being streamed. Fiver a match.

Loved some of the coverage of club football this year from the streaming that's been made available. Good to see that type of thing make it's way here.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 62 - 15/10/2020 14:13:53    2297784

Link

Big weekend in the county coming up, two senior semi finals on Sunday.
Going to go with wins for Casements & Brendan's , so we will be looking at new county champions , the following week.
Having to go with Casements win in the first game, to me they always seems to have the beating of their opponents when it comes to the big championship games, they have beaten them at this stage for the last four years.
Especially with Keogh back to fitness , having returned for last weeks quarter final, they looked a little bit like a side that were struggling when he got injured, but he seems to score for fun. New management has taken time to settle in, but now beginning to find their feet, although I would say Hoey still has a say in that team, not completely off the scene yet.
They also have a couple of new signings to add to the squad.
Mitchell's don't seem to be the force of old & have looked to struggle all season.
Casements by 4 points, maybe a couple of sending offs in this game as well.
Second game of the day, going to go with a win for the up and coming side, Brendans.
Good footballers all over the pitch, couple of new lads in there now. And these new players & the young lads they have brought through the ranks seem to have gelled well together.
They seem to be a fit , hungry , confident side , that aren't afraid of anyone, a bit like their opponents use to be.
This years McDermotts team, don't seem to be as hungry as in previous years, and just seem to be doing enough to win games, and I think come Sunday that won't be enough to see them through.
Brendan's pushed them all the way a couple of weeks ago in the league decider, and probably should have won it.
Don't think they will make that mistake come Sunday, Brendan's by 5.
Personally think they could go all the way & win it
Any more opinions ??

Kerrygoldbutter (Kerry) - Posts: 7 - 23/10/2020 22:28:49    2300641

Link

Replying To Kerrygoldbutter:  "Big weekend in the county coming up, two senior semi finals on Sunday.
Going to go with wins for Casements & Brendan's , so we will be looking at new county champions , the following week.
Having to go with Casements win in the first game, to me they always seems to have the beating of their opponents when it comes to the big championship games, they have beaten them at this stage for the last four years.
Especially with Keogh back to fitness , having returned for last weeks quarter final, they looked a little bit like a side that were struggling when he got injured, but he seems to score for fun. New management has taken time to settle in, but now beginning to find their feet, although I would say Hoey still has a say in that team, not completely off the scene yet.
They also have a couple of new signings to add to the squad.
Mitchell's don't seem to be the force of old & have looked to struggle all season.
Casements by 4 points, maybe a couple of sending offs in this game as well.
Second game of the day, going to go with a win for the up and coming side, Brendans.
Good footballers all over the pitch, couple of new lads in there now. And these new players & the young lads they have brought through the ranks seem to have gelled well together.
They seem to be a fit , hungry , confident side , that aren't afraid of anyone, a bit like their opponents use to be.
This years McDermotts team, don't seem to be as hungry as in previous years, and just seem to be doing enough to win games, and I think come Sunday that won't be enough to see them through.
Brendan's pushed them all the way a couple of weeks ago in the league decider, and probably should have won it.
Don't think they will make that mistake come Sunday, Brendan's by 5.
Personally think they could go all the way & win it
Any more opinions ??"
Kerrygoldbutter, not much of a tipster. Way off the mark with both predictions.
Condition's were atrocious out there for clubs yesterday.Fair play to all clubs for decent games of football.
Very wrong to right McDermotts off, given their track record.
If we are being honest about they completely outplayed Brendan's in the first half, game should have been over at halftime.
Yet they didn't convert their chances & left Brendan's with a glimmer of hope throughout out the game.
As well as those wides, McDermotts missed a couple of goal scoring opportunities, which would have really killed the game off.
As for Brendan's you can't really except to win championship semifinals, if you can only kick one point from play in 60 minutes, just not good enough.
Good job young Haydn had the shooting boots on, made the score line look a lot better for Brendan's.
As for the first game Mitchell's done enough to see off Casements, who didn't perform yo anywhere near the level that they can, and would say they would be well disappointed with the result.
As for the unsavoury incidents after the game, it was shocking to see, especially with children among the spectators.
This kind of behaviour needs to be nipped in the bud and dealt with by the county board, in the correct manner, and not brushed under the carpet , disgraceful scene's.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 256 - 26/10/2020 19:41:18    2301748

Link

Replying To mayoallstar:  "Kerrygoldbutter, not much of a tipster. Way off the mark with both predictions.
Condition's were atrocious out there for clubs yesterday.Fair play to all clubs for decent games of football.
Very wrong to right McDermotts off, given their track record.
If we are being honest about they completely outplayed Brendan's in the first half, game should have been over at halftime.
Yet they didn't convert their chances & left Brendan's with a glimmer of hope throughout out the game.
As well as those wides, McDermotts missed a couple of goal scoring opportunities, which would have really killed the game off.
As for Brendan's you can't really except to win championship semifinals, if you can only kick one point from play in 60 minutes, just not good enough.
Good job young Haydn had the shooting boots on, made the score line look a lot better for Brendan's.
As for the first game Mitchell's done enough to see off Casements, who didn't perform yo anywhere near the level that they can, and would say they would be well disappointed with the result.
As for the unsavoury incidents after the game, it was shocking to see, especially with children among the spectators.
This kind of behaviour needs to be nipped in the bud and dealt with by the county board, in the correct manner, and not brushed under the carpet , disgraceful scene's."
I assume the behaviour referred to above is what I was reading about earlier, deplorable behaviour and has no place in our game.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1990 - 13/11/2020 13:22:26    2308333

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "I assume the behaviour referred to above is what I was reading about earlier, deplorable behaviour and has no place in our game."
Don't believe everything you read.

Hawkeye2020 (Tyrone) - Posts: 1 - 13/11/2020 21:22:07    2308512

Link