Monaghan Forum

A Change Of Harte

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To patmouse:  "Good man Eddie, you sure don't like Banty… Lets remember where Monaghan were coming from - division 4 team that lost to Waterford before he took over. also from 2005 - 210 - we were beaten by Tyrone twice and Kerry twice who went on to win the All Ireland. like Banty or not, he's done more for Monaghan football then any of us keyboard warriors, he has his faults but so we all."
You are right, Banty has lost all the big ones albeit not by much. But as the great man said, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

By the way, doing more than the lads on here is not the yardstick for measuring the value of anything

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 733 - 03/12/2020 17:28:23    2317982

Link

Replying To Eddie the Exile:  "You are right, Banty has lost all the big ones albeit not by much. But as the great man said, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

By the way, doing more than the lads on here is not the yardstick for measuring the value of anything"
That's the mic dropped now Eddie. Great post.

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 394 - 04/12/2020 12:46:51    2318135

Link

Replying To patmouse:  "give us back on to the 71% I find that extremely hard to believe... also with MOR was in charge of Monaghan in Ulster no team from the province won the All Ireland - unlike Banty time in charge when he came on against 2 of the greatest teams of modern era - Tyrone( 3 time champions) and also beaten twice by the Kerry sides ( 4 time champions) of the 2000's - …"
Inter County Management is literally a results business.
MOR made mistakes, no one denies that, but no matter what the crictism he can point to 2 Ulster titles, Banty can point to none. He had 6 years in charge, Banty had 7.
Malachy masterminded the greatest upset in Monaghan football history with the win over Donegal in 13. (Armagh in 03 was brilliant but it didn't lead to an Ulster Title.) Banty froze on the line v Tyrone in 10 when Mickey Harte took his tactics apart.
If you want to play the Banty v MOR game, go ahead, but remember the score is 2-0 to Malachy. And sadly, I think it will remain that way for as long as Banty is in charge.

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 492 - 05/12/2020 08:55:05    2318409

Link

The great thing with malachy is that he knew who he was playing in the first round of the championship. He has 6 months to prepare for this team and set up for them. That is a sign of a tactical manager who can prepare tactics and game plans. Unfortunately with banty he has 6 months or more for Cavan and he still got his match ups wrong. That is the difference.

monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 215 - 05/12/2020 12:14:57    2318460

Link

Replying To monaghanmad:  "The great thing with malachy is that he knew who he was playing in the first round of the championship. He has 6 months to prepare for this team and set up for them. That is a sign of a tactical manager who can prepare tactics and game plans. Unfortunately with banty he has 6 months or more for Cavan and he still got his match ups wrong. That is the difference."
the Great MOR who left us with the second highest scorer being the keeper also had 6 months to prepare for defects to Down, Fermanagh and Cavan all Division 3 teams also lose twice to Dublin by plus 15 - 20 points .. but lets forgot about that and keep bashing Banty..

patmouse (Monaghan) - Posts: 58 - 07/12/2020 16:11:39    2319823

Link

Replying To patmouse:  "the Great MOR who left us with the second highest scorer being the keeper also had 6 months to prepare for defects to Down, Fermanagh and Cavan all Division 3 teams also lose twice to Dublin by plus 15 - 20 points .. but lets forgot about that and keep bashing Banty.."
2-0.

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 492 - 08/12/2020 10:47:29    2320136

Link