Galway Forum

Senior And Intermediate All Stars 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Looking at some of these teams , you would seriously wonder have some of ye watched the matches at all!? Club bias might come into it but I am seeing some of these names for the first time. Baffled.

steakknife (Galway) - Posts: 15 - 08/10/2020 13:51:06    2296412

Link

Replying To candlewax:  "I don't understand why there needs to be a Corofin player on the team though? They hammered Oughterard and Monivea by cricket scores.. Oughterard were well beaten by James and Monivea are in relegation final. They were far from convincing in the other games. They have been great and I would not be surprised if they won it again next year but if your picking an all star team for this year its tough to make a case for any of them? Especially after the beating they received from M/M. Conneely will win POTY and he deserves it, conroy single handedly drove james to qf and lost out to eventual winners, barry mchugh got to the final with m/m and is possibly there 2nd or 3rd best player, ó cualain was brilliant for barna. 3 players that should be in contention before the likes of Sice are even mentioned."
Yes I agree with you but going by previous years they always have at least one player from each semi finalist so that is my logic behind putting sice in. Believe me, It would be great to see mchugh and o cualain picked but i'm afraid whether you like it or not one corofin player will be in that team.

Ayeartilmonday (Galway) - Posts: 62 - 08/10/2020 15:30:25    2296426

Link

Replying To steakknife:  "Looking at some of these teams , you would seriously wonder have some of ye watched the matches at all!? Club bias might come into it but I am seeing some of these names for the first time. Baffled."
if you are seeing some of these names for the 1st time then I would seriously wonder if you watched any club games this year at all @steakknife.

1. Damian Boyle - impressed with him this year, a real sweeper keeper
2. James Foley - man marked comer, sice, niall walsh, paddy sweeney and got upper hand on all of them. Called into county panel by PJ on back of this too.
3. Sean Kelly - revelation for moycullen at full back and won 2 vital balls against finnerty in final that were turning points in the game.
4. Mark Mannion - great man marker and popped up with scores in nearly all mtbellew games. Unlucky to hit crossbar in final.
5. Gareth Bradshaw - Showed great leadership for moycullen especially in last games against james, tuam and mtbellew.
6. Aidan Claffey - proberaly moycullens most consistent player this year (behind dessie), made dessies goal in final.
7. Cian Hernon - brilliant for barna this year and barna deserve a player on the team
8. Matthew Barrett - brilliant for mtbellew this year especailly on steede v corofin
9. Tom Clarke - a driving force for moycullen and was the source of a lot of moycullen scores
10. Gary Sice - corofins most consitent player this year
11. Adam Gallagher - brilliant against tuam and mtbellew and moycullen prob would have lost both games without him
12. Paul Kelly - important goal against tuam and won a lot of breaking ball all year
13. Dessie Conneely - POTY. Legendary stuff this year, really impressive.
14. Cormac Mcwalter - stood up for tuam this year and is turning into a great propspect.
15. Eoin Finnerty- unmarkable against corofin and played well in final.

Are you still baffled?

Ayeartilmonday (Galway) - Posts: 62 - 08/10/2020 15:43:01    2296427

Link

Replying To Ayeartilmonday:  "if you are seeing some of these names for the 1st time then I would seriously wonder if you watched any club games this year at all @steakknife.

2. James Foley - man marked comer, sice, niall walsh, paddy sweeney and got upper hand on all of them. Called into county panel by PJ on back of this too.
3. Sean Kelly - revelation for moycullen at full back and won 2 vital balls against finnerty in final that were turning points in the game.
4. Mark Mannion - great man marker and popped up with scores in nearly all mtbellew games. Unlucky to hit crossbar in final.
5. Gareth Bradshaw - Showed great leadership for moycullen especially in last games against james, tuam and mtbellew.
6. Aidan Claffey - proberaly moycullens most consistent player this year (behind dessie), made dessies goal in final.
7. Cian Hernon - brilliant for barna this year and barna deserve a player on the team
8. Matthew Barrett - brilliant for mtbellew this year especailly on steede v corofin
9. Tom Clarke - a driving force for moycullen and was the source of a lot of moycullen scores
11. Adam Gallagher - brilliant against tuam and mtbellew and moycullen prob would have lost both games without him
12. Paul Kelly - important goal against tuam and won a lot of breaking ball all year
14. Cormac Mcwalter - stood up for tuam this year and is turning into a great propspect.

Are you still baffled?"
Don't quit the day job. I would be shocked if even 5 of them are on it. Were you watching the Mayo or Sligo championship by mistake!!???

steakknife (Galway) - Posts: 15 - 08/10/2020 16:55:17    2296442

Link

Replying To steakknife:  "Don't quit the day job. I would be shocked if even 5 of them are on it. Were you watching the Mayo or Sligo championship by mistake!!???"
Let's hear your 15 ??

mickruane (Galway) - Posts: 138 - 08/10/2020 17:23:05    2296445

Link

Replying To Ayeartilmonday:  "if you are seeing some of these names for the 1st time then I would seriously wonder if you watched any club games this year at all @steakknife.

Are you still baffled?"
James foley didn't get the upper hand on p Sweeney. If you look at the match he got or created all of killanins scores on the day and at one point he had 3 men on him.

Theres video evidence to support all of the above.

You cant do much with no support but he still got scores.
Apart from paul Conroy he was the only other player that almost single handedly got his club to the QFs.I know he'll miss out on am award because of the way they crashed out of the QFs but hes been fantastic for his club all year

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1210 - 08/10/2020 18:19:33    2296453

Link

MOTM in the county final would almost make dessie a shoe in for POTY
He didnt just show up in the final , hes been fantastic all year. Every single game a real leader and the fact he is only 22 is mind blowing when you see what a leader he is

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1210 - 08/10/2020 18:24:05    2296454

Link

Are you still baffled?"
This is impressively wide of the mark. Almost like you tried to be so wrong.

Townee2018 (Galway) - Posts: 216 - 08/10/2020 23:13:19    2296493

Link

Replying To Townee2018:  "This is impressively wide of the mark. Almost like you tried to be so wrong."
Agree, don't know how you have got it so wrong.

cavan.galway (Galway) - Posts: 105 - 09/10/2020 11:53:44    2296541

Link

Replying To Townee2018:  "This is impressively wide of the mark. Almost like you tried to be so wrong."
Im in hysterics looking at that team !! hahahaha

MapleSyrup (Galway) - Posts: 81 - 09/10/2020 12:23:05    2296549

Link

Replying To MapleSyrup:  "Im in hysterics looking at that team !! hahahaha"
I'm only giving my opinion, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. It doesn't matter to me if none of my picks made the team but was just joining the discussion. Would be interested to hear alternative teams since I'm so wide of the mark?

Ayeartilmonday (Galway) - Posts: 62 - 09/10/2020 16:12:26    2296607

Link

Replying To Ayeartilmonday:  "I'm only giving my opinion, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. It doesn't matter to me if none of my picks made the team but was just joining the discussion. Would be interested to hear alternative teams since I'm so wide of the mark?"
Absolutely!!Hes only giving his opinion what he's seen throughout the championship!id love to hear your 15 cause in fairness to yeartilmonday I don't think his team will be far away

mickruane (Galway) - Posts: 138 - 09/10/2020 18:47:39    2296624

Link

Paul Conroy has to be on it. He was outstanding in the club championship as was Gary Sice, Eoin Finnerty, David Wynne and Dylan McHugh

johnterry (Galway) - Posts: 442 - 09/10/2020 21:01:32    2296636

Link

Replying To johnterry:  "Paul Conroy has to be on it. He was outstanding in the club championship as was Gary Sice, Eoin Finnerty, David Wynne and Dylan McHugh"
Well put ... not having Conroy on this team is scandalous.

Fewpucks24 (Galway) - Posts: 116 - 10/10/2020 08:23:43    2296653

Link

Conroy was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch in 3 games this year, including against Moycullen. James' weren't far off that day at all until the closing minutes and it was all thanks to him. Playing his best football in years. I'm also not convinced on Adam Gallagher, he's clearly a very good footballer but didn't start the first few games either. Patrick Kelly would have been a shoe in if not for his no show in the final.

Townee2018 (Galway) - Posts: 216 - 10/10/2020 10:46:18    2296664

Link

Any word if these are actually going ahead this year? I think the county all starts are off this year. I seem to remember ryan tubridy giving micheal o muiriaheirdeach an allstar stating that it was the only one given out this year.

Ayeartilmonday (Galway) - Posts: 62 - 16/10/2020 10:20:09    2297959

Link

Probably won't have an awards night giving the current situation but I'm sure an all star team will be announced anyway

mickruane (Galway) - Posts: 138 - 16/10/2020 15:53:25    2298114

Link