Galway Forum

Rural Clubs

(Oldest Posts First)

Replying To Toman:  "Yes I made that statement ie talking in general terms. You must have a very big back lawn. If you knew anything about teenagers you wouldn't be saying sending them to pitch. Fair enough you can advise 16 to 18 year olds not to go to park, pitch etc. 8 to 15 years yes I agree the parent or guardian need to take control of situation, as at this age they minds ste not developed enough to make up their own minds.At the end of the day most teenagers will listen if it was only for a week or 10 days. After that like it or not a lot of those teenagers ( not all) will make up their own mind. So instead of using stick approach use the carrot approach ie advice them about social distance, gloves and good hygiene. Before this horrible virus started every parent would be advising kids to take their heads out of the school books, or play stations to get a bit of head space. After all their is nothing better than the fresh air to clear the head. I know we're in dangerous difficult times but a lot of teens have a lot more cop if allowed make up their own minds. By doing this imo the vast vast majority of those teenagers will be back in their homes to see how serious things are by watching news and social media."
There is no point debating with you every post is contradictory. Stay safe

jm25 (Galway) - Posts: 1085 - 22/03/2020 09:20:06    2274280

Link