Galway Forum

Kilkerrin Clonberne Ladies

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To suckvalleypaddy:  "I think Kilkerrin-Clonberne have unfinished business in 2020, they did their parishes and county proud today. Congrats to all involved. Gaillimh Abu"
Not parishes. Parish. As far as i know kilkerrin clonberne is a single parish. Fair play to them either way.

anotheralias (Galway) - Posts: 133 - 24/11/2019 21:13:24    2251186

Link

Hard luck Kilkerrin Clonberne ladies on an epic performance. As a neutral I was hoping that you would win the game. One rule needs to be looked at and changed and changed immediately in Ladies Football. The Hooter for full time should be similar to that in Rugby -- play continues until the ball goes out of play. Player from MourneAbbey took one for the the team yesterday with only a few seconds left by cynically fouling and getting a yellow card knowing that the clock would continue leaving no time for a K/C attack. Not the first time this has happened. Distinctly remember it happening in an Intermediate semi final or final when a player kicked the ball away after a 45 was awarded.The kick was retaken but the clock had advanced leaving the player no time to pick out a pass to a team ate and had to try to score direct.

ekim (Waterford) - Posts: 3 - 25/11/2019 12:43:25    2251299

Link

Replying To ekim:  "Hard luck Kilkerrin Clonberne ladies on an epic performance. As a neutral I was hoping that you would win the game. One rule needs to be looked at and changed and changed immediately in Ladies Football. The Hooter for full time should be similar to that in Rugby -- play continues until the ball goes out of play. Player from MourneAbbey took one for the the team yesterday with only a few seconds left by cynically fouling and getting a yellow card knowing that the clock would continue leaving no time for a K/C attack. Not the first time this has happened. Distinctly remember it happening in an Intermediate semi final or final when a player kicked the ball away after a 45 was awarded.The kick was retaken but the clock had advanced leaving the player no time to pick out a pass to a team ate and had to try to score direct."
Ya agree the rules need to change ie the referee can use digression as regards hooter. The girl that took one for the team should have been yellow carded earlier. On saying that I thought the officiating looked a bit dodgy at times. Mourneabbey got away with a lot imo.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 25/11/2019 13:31:43    2251320

Link

Hard luck Kilkerrin-Clonberne but they have only themselves to blame.You have to take your chances.

Iwastherein75. (Galway) - Posts: 8 - 25/11/2019 16:33:09    2251369

Link

Replying To Toman:  "Ya agree the rules need to change ie the referee can use digression as regards hooter. The girl that took one for the team should have been yellow carded earlier. On saying that I thought the officiating looked a bit dodgy at times. Mourneabbey got away with a lot imo."
ya I agree, the Cork ladies got away with too much but K-C will learn from this

suckvalleypaddy (Galway) - Posts: 1381 - 25/11/2019 20:25:33    2251405

Link

It was an exciting game to watch, anyone know the rule regarding the cork goal that was disallowed? Do they look at TV replays to make the decision as it took an age to sort it out? It was tough on killkerin clonberne to loose such a good player as Nicola Ward so early, management gave her time to run it off but it was clear that she was struggling and had to go off. I thought ref was bad, blowing up for a KC free and Olivia Divilly straight through on goal! The KC sin bin was harsh. If that is a sin bin you would have 8 or 9 girls in the bin in every game. Two great teams.

jj19 (Galway) - Posts: 442 - 25/11/2019 21:28:44    2251425

Link

Replying To jj19:  "It was an exciting game to watch, anyone know the rule regarding the cork goal that was disallowed? Do they look at TV replays to make the decision as it took an age to sort it out? It was tough on killkerin clonberne to loose such a good player as Nicola Ward so early, management gave her time to run it off but it was clear that she was struggling and had to go off. I thought ref was bad, blowing up for a KC free and Olivia Divilly straight through on goal! The KC sin bin was harsh. If that is a sin bin you would have 8 or 9 girls in the bin in every game. Two great teams."
The goal was disallowed because the girl who scored it was in the small square before the pass. Do agree its hard on Warde girl but u could see she was struggling and her marker scored 1.1 while she was injured. That said the corks teams first goal was a bit iffy. You would have to probably give the benefit of the doubt but there was very little foot contact with the ball.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 25/11/2019 21:49:20    2251431

Link

Leaving an injured player on the ground for nearly 5 mins while getting strapped and leaving her on the pitch as long as they did when she clearly couldn't move was a disastrous call and ended up being vital as that was the period that the cork girls got themselves back in the game.
Kilkerrin Clonberne will be back, in fact I can't see anyone stopping them in the next few years. Apart from the inspirational Annette Clarke, it's still a very very young team and with Mourneabbey losing Noelle Healy, that tips the balance in the Galway teams favour massively.

alanalan (UK) - Posts: 192 - 27/11/2019 13:08:15    2251782

Link

The naivety of kilkerrin clonberne to concede that score shows they haven't got the cuteness for All Ireland success and with Annette Clarke gone it's hard to see it coming any time soon

mickruane (Galway) - Posts: 138 - 12/12/2019 17:10:11    2254468

Link

Replying To mickruane:  "The naivety of kilkerrin clonberne to concede that score shows they haven't got the cuteness for All Ireland success and with Annette Clarke gone it's hard to see it coming any time soon"
Don't know what game u were watching to call killererin Clonberne girls naieve. They were by far the better team even after every 50/50 call going against them. Now if u said the sideline was a bit naive I in leaving an injured player on the field for so long I could see where
u were going. On saying that every management team would try to keep their inspirational players on the field.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 12/12/2019 18:23:48    2254481

Link

Well to let a team build all the way up with 30 seconds left and not at least foul or lay a hand on anyone I call that naive my friend

mickruane (Galway) - Posts: 138 - 12/12/2019 19:33:14    2254500

Link

correct, the Cork girls were coached on fouling, it was so obvious

maroondiesel (Mayo) - Posts: 1044 - 12/12/2019 20:58:04    2254533

Link

Replying To mickruane:  "The naivety of kilkerrin clonberne to concede that score shows they haven't got the cuteness for All Ireland success and with Annette Clarke gone it's hard to see it coming any time soon"
A galway person coming on this form and call a fantastic galway LGFA naive is disrespectful and disgraceful. I do agree Nicola was a huge loss but clonberne played their hearts out. Its very easy say the Cork girl ran the field without anyone leaving a hand on her but there's was way more than 30 seconds left at this stage. That is why I said in earlier Post the rules need to change ie when the cork girl fouled thers was 30 seconds left. The hooter should be ignored until the fouled team get last attack to counter act this ' so called take one for the team"

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 13/12/2019 22:25:42    2254767

Link

It's not disrespectful or disgraceful it's fact it's there black and white if u watch the match again.

mickruane (Galway) - Posts: 138 - 13/12/2019 23:53:39    2254775

Link

Replying To maroondiesel:  "correct, the Cork girls were coached on fouling, it was so obvious"
Ya agree. But the referee didn't put a stop to it. Remember that why referees get paid to be fair and impartial. This referee let cork girls get away with a lot of fouls.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 14/12/2019 09:23:22    2254792

Link

Replying To mickruane:  "It's not disrespectful or disgraceful it's fact it's there black and white if u watch the match again."
I don't need watch the match again. I'm giving my verdict from been at the game not sitting on couch.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 14/12/2019 11:10:12    2254806

Link

The cynicism of taking the player is not in these girls and I hope it never will be. They'll win their all Ireland without stooping to that level. They deserved to win that one too and almost did by sticking to what they do best and that's playing top drawer football. That will get them the ultimate prize

Mickhiggins (Galway) - Posts: 52 - 15/12/2019 00:02:30    2254909

Link

Replying To Toman:  "A galway person coming on this form and call a fantastic galway LGFA naive is disrespectful and disgraceful. I do agree Nicola was a huge loss but clonberne played their hearts out. Its very easy say the Cork girl ran the field without anyone leaving a hand on her but there's was way more than 30 seconds left at this stage. That is why I said in earlier Post the rules need to change ie when the cork girl fouled thers was 30 seconds left. The hooter should be ignored until the fouled team get last attack to counter act this ' so called take one for the team""
Fair play to you Toman for all the well wishes before the game and sticking up for the team after it but I'll tell you what's disrespectful; you're constant mistaken referencing of the wrong name of the club. Killererin is a GAA club in Barnaderg. It's the club of greats like the Joyces but Killererin had nothing to do with the ladies team that lost the All-Ireland final. Kilkerrin is the parish that makes up a club with Clonberne. It's the home of greats like Johnny Geraghty, Christy Tyrell and John Divilly and about half of this great ladies team. If you take a look up you'll see the word in the forum topic title. Thanks.

Mailman98 (Galway) - Posts: 182 - 17/12/2019 16:05:49    2255369

Link

Replying To Mailman98:  "Fair play to you Toman for all the well wishes before the game and sticking up for the team after it but I'll tell you what's disrespectful; you're constant mistaken referencing of the wrong name of the club. Killererin is a GAA club in Barnaderg. It's the club of greats like the Joyces but Killererin had nothing to do with the ladies team that lost the All-Ireland final. Kilkerrin is the parish that makes up a club with Clonberne. It's the home of greats like Johnny Geraghty, Christy Tyrell and John Divilly and about half of this great ladies team. If you take a look up you'll see the word in the forum topic title. Thanks."
Thanks for ur history lesson and I see my mistake. When using perdictive txt I must remember to go back and spell check in future

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 571 - 17/12/2019 22:01:38    2255420

Link