Galway Forum

Predictions For Possible Galway All Stars 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Thelowhighball:  "Well it's obvious you have a vendetta against the all stars as you don't agree with them any year, the player who said that about an all star Can sleep happy he didn't get one .So no complaints on the person who did get one that particular year instead if he was so deserved of it , both happy parties I would say."
Vendetta? Not a bit of it.Just because I don't agree with the selections dosn't mean I have a vendetta for Gods sake.
My point is that what every player values more than any All Star is the Celtic Cross.

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3150 - 25/07/2018 19:58:26    2126233

Link

Replying To goalk111:  "Looks like this isn't the thread for you so. I can guarantee you some of these lads have an all-star at the back of their minds. Winning each game and hopefully the championship is the main thing but like it or not, individual awards are a thing and are also something to be very proud of. The certain hurler you are talking about would only love to be able to look back in 20 years time proudly at the all-star that he won."
The lad I'm talking about can not only look back on All Stars won but also and more importantly All Ireland winners medals.

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3150 - 25/07/2018 20:00:22    2126234

Link

Replying To Barnowl94:  "The lad I'm talking about can not only look back on All Stars won but also and more importantly All Ireland winners medals."
I don't see the logic in you commenting about us giving thoughts on the all stars if players according to your "source" don't take any head of them ? Surely if that's the case us talking about them is harmless

Thelowhighball (Galway) - Posts: 7 - 25/07/2018 21:28:20    2126257

Link

The way Galway set up defensively doesn't give a chance really to any of our backs or wing forwards to win an All Star. Our 2 wing forwards and wing backs are sacrificing their football game and are turned into runners to protect our fullback line, But that being said, Bradshaw has seemed to find himself as a footballer this year and is having a stormer. Eoghan Kerin over the last few years has been our most consistent back and at the moment looks the most likely out of out backs to win an All Star. Tom Flynn has really found form since half way thru the Connacht Final and i hope he keeps this up, and has himself thrown into the mix for an All Star at midfield. Shane Walsh getting MOTM vs Ros and Kerry has propelled himself into the medias highlights along with winning Footballer of the Month, and all these factors will come into consideration towards the end of the year. But in all fairness lads there are still 3 Rounds of games left, an All Star is open to anyone that is still left in Championship at the moment.

millers (Galway) - Posts: 87 - 26/07/2018 08:46:11    2126309

Link

Replying To Barnowl94:  "Vendetta? Not a bit of it.Just because I don't agree with the selections dosn't mean I have a vendetta for Gods sake.
My point is that what every player values more than any All Star is the Celtic Cross."
And why do you feel so compelled to make that point? That was never up for debate, we all know a player would pick a Celtic Cross over an All Star every day of the week. Doesn't mean all-stars aren't a huge honour and something players do think about

goalk111 (Galway) - Posts: 40 - 26/07/2018 10:20:06    2126317

Link

Replying To Thelowhighball:  "I don't see the logic in you commenting about us giving thoughts on the all stars if players according to your "source" don't take any head of them ? Surely if that's the case us talking about them is harmless"
Agreed.Totally harmless. Sigh..............

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3150 - 26/07/2018 10:49:59    2126326

Link

I'm waiting for yer man from Doire to appear on this thread and suggest Cummins for an All Star.

Wests_Awake (Galway) - Posts: 877 - 26/07/2018 14:26:38    2126427

Link

As regards possible all star nomination, at this stage of year Lavelle is in the mix along with Beggan, Cluxton and Brody. 3 of those 4 will be nominated. Kerin, Sean Andy, Bradshaw, Flynn, Sweeney, Kelly, Burke, Comer, Walsh possible Kyne will also get nominations as things stand. Usually the all stars are based on semi and final but have a feeling a few quarter finalists will win 2/3 this year and rest to semi finalists and finalists.

jobseekersbent (Galway) - Posts: 324 - 26/07/2018 14:28:13    2126430

Link

Is now a good time to re-open this one?

Pope_Benedict (Galway) - Posts: 2378 - 05/08/2018 10:05:50    2129246

Link

Replying To Pope_Benedict:  "Is now a good time to re-open this one?"
Eoghan Kerin, Tom Flynn, Shane Walsh and Ian Burke would be nominated. But I'm sure your post has a different meaning.

SamandLiamSoon (Galway) - Posts: 512 - 05/08/2018 23:25:48    2129758

Link

Replying To SamandLiamSoon:  "Eoghan Kerin, Tom Flynn, Shane Walsh and Ian Burke would be nominated. But I'm sure your post has a different meaning."
Comer also hes 9/1 for footballer of the year I think

GAL4DaDouble (Galway) - Posts: 82 - 06/08/2018 22:34:13    2130240

Link