Sligo Forum

2021 Predictions

(Oldest Posts First)

Senior Championship Winners - Mary's
Intermediate Championship Winners - Molaise
Junior A Championship Winners - Owenmore gaels
Junior B Championship Winners - Farnans/Coolaney Mulnabreena

Anyone else have a go at this or any thoughts on this ...

Sligowizard (Sligo) - Posts: 1 - 23/01/2021 22:47:05    2328700

Link

Replying To Sligowizard:  "Senior Championship Winners - Mary's
Intermediate Championship Winners - Molaise
Junior A Championship Winners - Owenmore gaels
Junior B Championship Winners - Farnans/Coolaney Mulnabreena

Anyone else have a go at this or any thoughts on this ..."
COVID19 to be the winner across the board as unlikely that we'll see a ball kicked unfortunately as early as we did last year we specially if the inter county is going to be before club. Hope I'm wrong though.

Any word on a rough idea of what the layout of club fixtures will be in county? Will there be a league? In fairness last year was well organised given the chopping and changing so hope it's much the same again this year but a league would be good to get more football in.

Sligoman1234 (Sligo) - Posts: 78 - 24/01/2021 18:16:25    2328786

Link

Replying To Sligoman1234:  "COVID19 to be the winner across the board as unlikely that we'll see a ball kicked unfortunately as early as we did last year we specially if the inter county is going to be before club. Hope I'm wrong though.

Any word on a rough idea of what the layout of club fixtures will be in county? Will there be a league? In fairness last year was well organised given the chopping and changing so hope it's much the same again this year but a league would be good to get more football in."
Last year was very well organised and a lot of credit must go to Keith Henry. Not like he done anything sensational but simply played games in venues that made sense and at suitable times.

fb (Sligo) - Posts: 11 - 25/01/2021 12:11:42    2328876

Link

Replying To fb:  "Last year was very well organised and a lot of credit must go to Keith Henry. Not like he done anything sensational but simply played games in venues that made sense and at suitable times."
I suppose in many respects, there is no major panic.

With the small leagues, 9 in Div 1 and Div 2, and it being highly unlikely that county players will play any of them, there should be more than sufficient time in May, june and July to play off 8 or 9 rounds.

I wouldn't expect a thing until after easter at the very very earliest for clubs.

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 26/01/2021 13:17:18    2329000

Link

Replying To putyourfootunderit:  "I suppose in many respects, there is no major panic.

With the small leagues, 9 in Div 1 and Div 2, and it being highly unlikely that county players will play any of them, there should be more than sufficient time in May, june and July to play off 8 or 9 rounds.

I wouldn't expect a thing until after easter at the very very earliest for clubs."
You'd be thinking if it's that late for football to start it's doubtful there'll be a league at all? It took what 10/11 weeks to run off the championship last year. Does anyone know if there's provisional this year as that'll pinch it in the other end of the year

Sligoman1234 (Sligo) - Posts: 78 - 26/01/2021 13:52:16    2329009

Link

Replying To Sligoman1234:  "You'd be thinking if it's that late for football to start it's doubtful there'll be a league at all? It took what 10/11 weeks to run off the championship last year. Does anyone know if there's provisional this year as that'll pinch it in the other end of the year"
Sure championship won't start until August at the earliest.

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 28/01/2021 11:13:03    2329288

Link

Replying To putyourfootunderit:  "Sure championship won't start until August at the earliest."
Ya but with intercounty kicked out later now and probably not starting until April at the earliest with the league and that'll run into the middle of May. Then there'll be a Championship in June, July. I'd imagine there'll be no club action happening until about then as they'll hardly allow fellas mix from panel to panel and will clubs play without these bucks either?

Sligoman1234 (Sligo) - Posts: 78 - 28/01/2021 13:19:44    2329329

Link

Replying To Sligoman1234:  "Ya but with intercounty kicked out later now and probably not starting until April at the earliest with the league and that'll run into the middle of May. Then there'll be a Championship in June, July. I'd imagine there'll be no club action happening until about then as they'll hardly allow fellas mix from panel to panel and will clubs play without these bucks either?"
There will be no club championship until August at least and league won't involve county players. That would be the smart thing to do in that instance. If Sligo play on Sunday, club games on Saturday. Club teams need football too

putyourfootunderit (Sligo) - Posts: 57 - 28/01/2021 15:06:31    2329368

Link

Replying To putyourfootunderit:  "There will be no club championship until August at least and league won't involve county players. That would be the smart thing to do in that instance. If Sligo play on Sunday, club games on Saturday. Club teams need football too"
Probably the way forward alright.some clubs on there knees financially and any activity on playing field would help future fundraising

Bogger100 (Leitrim) - Posts: 34 - 01/02/2021 22:52:20    2330059

Link