Westmeath Forum

Managers 2021.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To gti:  "Which Davy Byrne is it.What is his background?"
Former Dublin goalkeeper, selector and goalkeeper coach with Jim Gavin. Manager of Ratoath and brought them from junior to intermediate and winning the Tailteann cup. Managed Ratoath again in 2019 and guided them to their 1st Keegan cup.

ADubinMeath (Meath) - Posts: 1 - 08/12/2020 19:20:41    2320400

Link

Replying To ADubinMeath:  "Former Dublin goalkeeper, selector and goalkeeper coach with Jim Gavin. Manager of Ratoath and brought them from junior to intermediate and winning the Tailteann cup. Managed Ratoath again in 2019 and guided them to their 1st Keegan cup."
Ended badly in Ratoath seemingly but not of his making I believe. Tale I heard was alot of outside interference in team matters.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 738 - 08/12/2020 19:50:54    2320421

Link

Great appointment by Tyrellspass.
Surprised no mention of luke Dempsey to anyone, thought he would be top target for a few?
Still a few vacancies out there

thegar1 (Westmeath) - Posts: 8 - 08/12/2020 22:39:15    2320503

Link

Replying To jamsie:  "That's a good decision."
Great stuff hopefully keep Tommy K on board too and he will have a solid set up. Big club keeping it local

AmberNBlack (Westmeath) - Posts: 1 - 09/12/2020 10:12:46    2320566

Link

Luke Dempsey announced earlier he was stepping back from management for 2021.

Claretandblue (Westmeath) - Posts: 150 - 09/12/2020 14:56:19    2320683

Link

Anyone know who is taking the U20s ?

Westmeathgeal (Westmeath) - Posts: 45 - 16/12/2020 18:28:12    2322963

Link

Same as last year I believe - Damien Gavin and co

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 738 - 16/12/2020 21:24:52    2323021

Link

Any more updates. Shamrocks still on the hunt ??

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 738 - 21/12/2020 18:40:19    2325184

Link

Jack sheedy taking over mullingar shamrocks. He has a lot of work to do

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 186 - 02/01/2021 10:46:16    2325774

Link

Shamrocks, while an ageing squad, will surely be competitive if everyone available. Depends if leading players buy in and what retirements. Clean slate with a new manager. Didn't hear who is along with him.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 738 - 02/01/2021 22:56:06    2325823

Link

Lomans - Declan Kelly
Tpass - Davy Byrne
Kinnegad - no manager yet
Athlone - Liam McHale
Garrycastle - Gary Dolan/John Keane
Killucan - Stephen Morley
Caulry - Shane Curran
Shamrocks - Jack Sheedy
Shandonagh - David Scahill
The Downs - Stephen Cleary
Moate - John Twaddle
Rosemount - Ian Bradley
This is the latest that I have heard of , I can't see anyone except Garrycastle challenging St Lomans

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 132 - 10/01/2021 18:25:35    2326906

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "Lomans - Declan Kelly
Tpass - Davy Byrne
Kinnegad - no manager yet
Athlone - Liam McHale
Garrycastle - Gary Dolan/John Keane
Killucan - Stephen Morley
Caulry - Shane Curran
Shamrocks - Jack Sheedy
Shandonagh - David Scahill
The Downs - Stephen Cleary
Moate - John Twaddle
Rosemount - Ian Bradley
This is the latest that I have heard of , I can't see anyone except Garrycastle challenging St Lomans"
The downs ?? Beat garrycastle last year & ran Lomans to 2 points in a game they should've won if luke loughlin didn't hit the post the game would Of beeen over at half time How can ya rule the downs out , saying that makes it look like you don't know a lot about football.
The downs are still a young team & that semi final defeat last year will stand to them. Garrycastle are an ageing side & there better players like John gaffney , Doran Harte & a few more are no spring chickens & will be close enough to retiring.
To use the word "challenge" Is something aswell it's not like Lomans are this indistrucible team
Only way they'll become and indisturtable team is if they sign more blowins to add to the many of them they already have.
Mind you aswell Lomans were lucky tyrellspass threw the game away in the last seconds by giving the ball away in the final.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 186 - 10/01/2021 19:18:56    2326914

Link

Replying To Westmeath213:  "The downs ?? Beat garrycastle last year & ran Lomans to 2 points in a game they should've won if luke loughlin didn't hit the post the game would Of beeen over at half time How can ya rule the downs out , saying that makes it look like you don't know a lot about football.
The downs are still a young team & that semi final defeat last year will stand to them. Garrycastle are an ageing side & there better players like John gaffney , Doran Harte & a few more are no spring chickens & will be close enough to retiring.
To use the word "challenge" Is something aswell it's not like Lomans are this indistrucible team
Only way they'll become and indisturtable team is if they sign more blowins to add to the many of them they already have.
Mind you aswell Lomans were lucky tyrellspass threw the game away in the last seconds by giving the ball away in the final."
The Downs beat a Garrycastle team who kicked 16/17 wides if I'm right, in the county final the referee kept Tyrrellspass in the game, Lomans were the best team and were improving as the year went by.
Ballymore- Derek Cuff
Ballynacarrigy - Frank Lynam
Castledaly- Enda Sheridan
Kilbeggan- Paddy Malynn
Malachys- Kenny McKinley
Maryland- Padraig Egan
Milltown- James Davitt
Milltownpass- Louis Ennis
Multy- Declan Rowley
R'Bridge- Alan Gavin
Tang- Micheal Tumelty
Tubberclaire- Fergal Wilson
If the championship stays in the same format as 2020 , I'm tipping Tang as the shorter format suits them and especially now that they gotten over their semi final hoodoo. Castledaly won't have the legs, Milltownpass have good forwards and Shane Flanagan home from America they have a chance , Malachys again if its the shorter format will fancy their chances, watch for Milltown under James Davitt

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 132 - 10/01/2021 22:13:48    2326928

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "The Downs beat a Garrycastle team who kicked 16/17 wides if I'm right, in the county final the referee kept Tyrrellspass in the game, Lomans were the best team and were improving as the year went by.
Ballymore- Derek Cuff
Kilbeggan- Paddy Malynn
Malachys- Kenny McKinley
Maryland- Padraig Egan
Milltown- James Davitt
Multy- Declan Rowley
R'Bridge- Alan Gavin
Tang- Micheal Tumelty
If the championship stays in the same format as 2020 , I'm tipping Tang as the shorter format suits them and especially now that they gotten over their semi final hoodoo. Castledaly won't have the legs, Milltownpass have good forwards and Shane Flanagan home from America they have a chance , Malachys again if its the shorter format will fancy their chances, watch for Milltown under James Davitt"
Oh yeah I know that Garrycastle were off beat & it was that sort of game where neither team could really get up any real momentum but to say that there the only team to challenge Lomans is a bad statement. The downs lost to Lomans by 2 points last year & 4 the year before so without a doubt they have a big chance.

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 186 - 10/01/2021 22:51:00    2326932

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "The Downs beat a Garrycastle team who kicked 16/17 wides if I'm right, in the county final the referee kept Tyrrellspass in the game, Lomans were the best team and were improving as the year went by.
Ballymore- Derek Cuff
Kilbeggan- Paddy Malynn
Malachys- Kenny McKinley
Maryland- Padraig Egan
Milltown- James Davitt
Multy- Declan Rowley
R'Bridge- Alan Gavin
Tang- Micheal Tumelty
If the championship stays in the same format as 2020 , I'm tipping Tang as the shorter format suits them and especially now that they gotten over their semi final hoodoo. Castledaly won't have the legs, Milltownpass have good forwards and Shane Flanagan home from America they have a chance , Malachys again if its the shorter format will fancy their chances, watch for Milltown under James Davitt"
When did Wilson take over tubberclare ?

PowellJohn (Westmeath) - Posts: 32 - 15/01/2021 14:57:42    2327577

Link

Replying To PowellJohn:  "When did Wilson take over tubberclare ?"
Any word from Kinnegad ?

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 738 - 18/01/2021 10:40:37    2327887

Link

Replying To BigSur:  "Any word from Kinnegad ?"
Are they not sticking with the same manger as last year ?

Westmeath213 (Westmeath) - Posts: 186 - 18/01/2021 11:39:35    2327899

Link

Replying To Westmeath213:  "Are they not sticking with the same manger as last year ?"
No idea, just see no name provided in earlier posts.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 738 - 19/01/2021 00:21:20    2328016

Link