Galway Forum

Kinvara Lodge Appeal

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Mountain_south:  "The relegation final still has to be played as well as the Intermediate final. Scheduled to take place before the leagues start. The appeal is over but the final game still has to be played. Scrapping all of those games now would cause holy war. More so with the intermediate final. Preventing the winners from being promoted opens up a whole new can of worms. Better to have the plan laid out now and enforced next year. The league can be put one side for one year to get the championships sorted out."
Agreed, you can't fail to promote the intermediate winners, that's utterly insane.

There is a process that must be followed here and you have to follow the current competition's rules until it ends, otherwise you have anarchy.

It's not so long ago that Kilnadeema-Leitrim would have been in the top 16, two seasons ago they were Senior A? Hardly impossible to think they could get back there again should they stay up this year.

Besides it doesn't have to be 16, 16 is the maximum number of teams with one up and down each year AFAIK.

I'd have fewer teams in Senior A with more going up and down each year if it were possible, but I don't believe it is.

Stool Pigeon (Galway) - Posts: 474 - 26/03/2021 10:21:21    2335051

Link

Once it's in the Connacht tribune you know it's gospel!! Fair play to Beagh, they have captured the hearts and minds on the Country. When will relegation final happen?

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 227 - 02/04/2021 09:22:08    2335755

Link

Replying To CillTormoir:  "Once it's in the Connacht tribune you know it's gospel!! Fair play to Beagh, they have captured the hearts and minds on the Country. When will relegation final happen?"
With the influence Kinvara have over the county board(including local councillors) I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with the relegation final. Not saying it will happen but... let's wait & see

twohands (Galway) - Posts: 146 - 05/04/2021 12:53:47    2336017

Link

if club championship is startin july onwards i would say Kinvara K/L game will be june onwards.

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 227 - 13/04/2021 13:29:26    2337063

Link

Replying To twohands:  "With the influence Kinvara have over the county board(including local councillors) I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with the relegation final. Not saying it will happen but... let's wait & see"
Please elaborate on this 'influence' Kinvara have over the county board (including local councillors)?

Stool Pigeon (Galway) - Posts: 474 - 26/04/2021 16:27:06    2338832

Link