Kerry Forum

Off Season Discussions Thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To CiarraiMick:  "Oh Pat picked a team on the Sunday world that would he claims beat the dubs. I did nt see it but Niall Morgan is in goals and Clifford is on it obviously. Pat is away with the fairies though. He forgets what he writes a few months previously
It's only last October he picked Kerry to beat Dublin. Pat makes wild statements. A great player in his day
A laughable pundit."
Mick I dont always agree with pat and I haven't seen that team he picked in the Sunday world but I do agree that it would take a combination of teams to beat the dublin province at this stage,

As for Pat picking kerry at the start of a season to beat dubs sure we'll all pick our own teams even me but then you see the blue behemoth absolutely steamroll all before them in their own backyard.

Honestly I liken Kerry Donegal Galway Mayo Tyrone and Monaghan going to crokepark to play the blue juggernaut as a kin to the Christians going to the colosseum for the slaughter.

The sport is gone out of football now.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12193 - 25/01/2021 19:39:49    2328923

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Shite talk filling idle gaa columns.

I see on the Kerry Radio Fab page that the Kerry captain is being announced today. I had assumed DC would be mn maintaining the mantle.

Sure who else is there, Ryan, Murphy Sherwood and the two Cliffords. Ok Buckley Moynihan and Kearney are also on the panel but realistically it's either Murphy, Jack or DC.... personally I'd have no issue with DC continuing."
Rathmore's Paul Murphy named as Kerry's captain

Jack L (None) - Posts: 2827 - 25/01/2021 20:53:46    2328931

Link

I see on the Kerry Radio Fab page that the Kerry captain is being announced today. I had assumed DC would be mn maintaining the mantle.

Sure who else is there, Ryan, Murphy Sherwood and the two Cliffords. Ok Buckley Moynihan and Kearney are also on the panel but realistically it's either Murphy, Jack or DC.... personally I'd have no issue with DC continuing."
Paul Murphy has be named Kerry captain for 2021, I'm surprised they didn't leave it with Clifford.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 12193 - 25/01/2021 21:05:52    2328935

Link

Paul Murphy, it is. Good man for the job. Think it's a good thing to relieve Clifford of it.

foreveryoung (USA) - Posts: 90 - 25/01/2021 21:06:06    2328936

Link

Well I've good news Horsebox. Paul Murphy is new Kerry captain and I personally think its a great choice.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 1133 - 25/01/2021 21:13:51    2328937

Link

Murphy takes the armband... I suppose we can have no issues with that .... it's a case of take the toss and talk to the press..

Are ye in favour of the ancient tradition of county championship winners choosing the captain, I'm a traditionalist and diehard but truth be told this is one tradition I would happily lob out the window and shut it tight after. It causes so much trouble when divisional sides are involved.

Every other sport, the managers pick the captain .... it's one thing I would be totally opposed.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 5013 - 25/01/2021 21:14:29    2328938

Link