Down Forum

League And Championship Predictions

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Antrimroad:  "That county senior happens to be 19 himself and also happens to be one of the best players in the county if not Ulster. He dosnt go looking for fights or is dirty off the ball all he wants to do is play the game. Unfortunately portaferrys tactics didnt allow him to do that in the end as that's all they are good for, and even that they are usless. As for you referring him to a county senior he is also Ulster young hurler of the year and one of the top 4 hurlers in this county. As for young sands and the helmet incident yeah maybe should have been a red but from what I'm led to believe it was an accident and young sands didnt even demand the red he is sorta similar to phelim by way all he wants to do is hurl and mot get involved in any dirty tactics, pity the rest of portaferry couldnt take note"
Dry your eyes, grow up.

cahill (None) - Posts: 2566 - 09/11/2019 16:08:08    2248785

Link

Replying To cranfanatic:  "The point still stands that Portaferry wouldn't move the match back by 3 hours, not very sporting at all.
Disappointing that they would rather win by the match via a concession instead of letting their lads play."
A game at 3 didn't suit Portaferry because them young lads have work to go to working in bars and restaurants. County board had it fixtured for 12, so take it up with them.

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 275 - 09/11/2019 16:57:37    2248797

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "Between minor, senior, the Bessy Mason, intermediate and junior, who wouldn't have played in one of those championships?

Not only is your Geography ropey, you're grasp of facts is a tad dicey as well!

You didn't happen to go to St Malachy's on the Antrim Road perchance?"
Here the pick of Down new manger is out doing the rounds geting players in already for next year bricktop

Thekid14 (Down) - Posts: 202 - 10/11/2019 14:18:07    2248868

Link

Replying To cranfanatic:  "There was nothing really between the teams in the first half except clinical finishing. Dunloy took their chances, we didn't, simple as. Going down to 14 men 1 minute into the 2nd half meant the game was over as a contest. Slaughtneil will beat Dunloy, they're too physical for them."
I don't want to say I told you so, but...

cranfanatic (Down) - Posts: 98 - 10/11/2019 16:18:56    2248885

Link

Replying To Antrimroad:  "Hard result to take yesterday, but we will learn, defeats like that can only harden boys and make them want to get back at them. That dunloy team is something else and slaughtneil will have to play a hell of a bit better than they did yesterday as I thought they where very poor. Dunloy will win the Ulster and I can seriously see them compete in all Ireland."
Could you be any more wrong?

Galgetgael (Down) - Posts: 215 - 10/11/2019 16:27:23    2248887

Link

Replying To Galgetgael:  "Could you be any more wrong?"
As I said slaughtneil will have to be a hell of a bit better and they where, wont be the last wee see that dunloy team as experience definitely showed there today but sure not my club so I couldnt care any less, but slaughtneil now have a long hard winter ahead as i seen that they where the least favourite for the all Ireland before the match and I'm sure they will be wanting to rectify that.

Antrimroad (Down) - Posts: 79 - 10/11/2019 20:35:42    2248926

Link

Replying To cranfanatic:  "Where in that post does it say that because they beat us they can win the All-Ireland? They're capable of winning the All-Ireland because they're a fantastic skilful team, marshalled brilliant by Shorty in midfield.
Have a think about what you're going to write before you do it."
So how does that message look now... capable of winning all Ireland?? U, blockhead & Paudy all telling us this team could eclipse their 90's team when they had beat no one. Truth be told they wouldn't hold a candle to their 90's team & where does that leave the crans after today?? Decky himself would get a game for that Dunloy team as a roving corner forward!!

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 165 - 10/11/2019 20:40:56    2248927

Link

Replying To In_da_ditch:  "So how does that message look now... capable of winning all Ireland?? U, blockhead & Paudy all telling us this team could eclipse their 90's team when they had beat no one. Truth be told they wouldn't hold a candle to their 90's team & where does that leave the crans after today?? Decky himself would get a game for that Dunloy team as a roving corner forward!!"
They still are capable of winning an All-Ireland. I assume you haven't been to many Dunloy matches throughout the year and seen the immense talent they have.
Beaten by the better team today, which I predicted would happen.
Dunloy will have their day in years to come.
As for the Crans, you'll remember the result of the Ulster Semi Final from last year won't you?

cranfanatic (Down) - Posts: 98 - 10/11/2019 22:00:16    2248949

Link

Ballycran will be kicking themselves now after today's result, shows just how poor they were against Dunloy. Dunloy have very good players, but they're only good if you stand and watch them, and Slaughtneil certainly didn't do that.
But if there's one man who who can turn it around for the crans, it's Mick '10%' Braniff

downgael20 (Down) - Posts: 19 - 11/11/2019 01:20:12    2248971

Link

Replying To cranfanatic:  "They still are capable of winning an All-Ireland. I assume you haven't been to many Dunloy matches throughout the year and seen the immense talent they have.
As for the Crans, you'll remember the result of the Ulster Semi Final from last year won't you?"
Just goes to show crans got lucky last year.

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 275 - 11/11/2019 09:21:16    2248989

Link

Replying To cranfanatic:  "They still are capable of winning an All-Ireland. I assume you haven't been to many Dunloy matches throughout the year and seen the immense talent they have.
As for the Crans, you'll remember the result of the Ulster Semi Final from last year won't you?"
Celebrate semi final wins?

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 165 - 11/11/2019 09:59:00    2248998

Link

Dunloy were ate up all over the field and totally out fought and out thought.

Slaughtneil totally dominated that game from start to finish and really should have won by more than they did. Dunloy looked shell shocked and ill prepared for what tactics Slaughtneil brought to the game. O'Kane was schooled along the line as well..

I think there's a lesson to learn for us all in this one, irrespective of ability if you're not prepared to work like a dog for your team then forget about competing at the top level.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2458 - 11/11/2019 10:31:50    2249007

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "Dunloy were ate up all over the field and totally out fought and out thought.

Slaughtneil totally dominated that game from start to finish and really should have won by more than they did. Dunloy looked shell shocked and ill prepared for what tactics Slaughtneil brought to the game. O'Kane was schooled along the line as well..

I think there's a lesson to learn for us all in this one, irrespective of ability if you're not prepared to work like a dog for your team then forget about competing at the top level."
Was at the game slaughtneil we just too good all over the pitch the man marking was outstanding the fielding of high balls were 2nd to none just shows how good ballycran was last year they didn't get the credit they deserved.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 99 - 11/11/2019 11:20:37    2249023

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Was at the game slaughtneil we just too good all over the pitch the man marking was outstanding the fielding of high balls were 2nd to none just shows how good ballycran was last year they didn't get the credit they deserved."
Or shows you how tired slaughneil were cause crans done nothing in final

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 165 - 11/11/2019 15:00:37    2249092

Link

Replying To In_da_ditch:  "Or shows you how tired slaughneil were cause crans done nothing in final"
Slaughtneil or Dungiven would absolutely destroy any of the Down teams. Time we all realise that Down hurling is third rate at best and getting worse.

Galgetgael (Down) - Posts: 215 - 11/11/2019 19:26:34    2249131

Link

Replying To Galgetgael:  "Slaughtneil or Dungiven would absolutely destroy any of the Down teams. Time we all realise that Down hurling is third rate at best and getting worse."
Wouldnt say getting worse, Christy ring boys where unfortunate this year and crans had more to give definitely. Ports are improving aswell as they had some good results in the Antrim league throughout the year.

Antrimroad (Down) - Posts: 79 - 11/11/2019 20:05:09    2249133

Link

Replying To Antrimroad:  "Wouldnt say getting worse, Christy ring boys where unfortunate this year and crans had more to give definitely. Ports are improving aswell as they had some good results in the Antrim league throughout the year."
Christy ring lads avoided any of the big teams in knock out games & when they did come up against a Derry, kildare or Meath they got ate alive.

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 165 - 11/11/2019 21:34:58    2249154

Link

Replying To In_da_ditch:  "Christy ring lads avoided any of the big teams in knock out games & when they did come up against a Derry, kildare or Meath they got ate alive."
Says the anonymous hero from behind a keyboard.........how about you put your name to your comments and face the lads you are slagging off but we all know you are simply a mouthpiece and a troll as well as a coward

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 726 - 11/11/2019 22:22:10    2249163

Link

Replying To In_da_ditch:  "Christy ring lads avoided any of the big teams in knock out games & when they did come up against a Derry, kildare or Meath they got ate alive."
Christy ring lads also created a buzz about down hurling, something that's been missing for a while, young boys watched the county reach the final and I'm sure where inspired which is what we need.

Antrimroad (Down) - Posts: 79 - 11/11/2019 23:12:24    2249172

Link

Let get real here,we are the best team in down,dunloy smashed us 3 weeks ago,sneil destroyed dunloy,so down hurling is in free fall,paudie wake up,we play in div4 national league and christy which is now a 3rd tier compo,our development squads are not even competing,dont even knw where mageean cup team is,so please tell me p sull how are we progressin???

crannumber2 (Down) - Posts: 334 - 12/11/2019 06:00:15    2249182

Link