Wexford Forum

Wexford Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First)

Looking at games over the last few years, it seems to me that Davy is happy enough for us to be beaten by small margins. So long as the opposition don't hockey us. Surely this is negative thinking. I think the players and supporters must be frustrated. Yes some decent results but can anyone honestly see this system of playing winning a leinster final. I can't. Good things happen with positivity. Morale and self believe will stagnate will negativity.

Blockandhook (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 20/01/2019 16:03:19    2158417

Link

Replying To Blockandhook:  "Looking at games over the last few years, it seems to me that Davy is happy enough for us to be beaten by small margins. So long as the opposition don't hockey us. Surely this is negative thinking. I think the players and supporters must be frustrated. Yes some decent results but can anyone honestly see this system of playing winning a leinster final. I can't. Good things happen with positivity. Morale and self believe will stagnate will negativity."
WE talk about the progress we've made being in div 1 A, and anyone who has won anything is in 1 B. All Ireland winners, leinster winners, Wash cup winners... ALL Div 1 B!! Playing the same system for 3 years in a row. Septic hurling. Bring on a new manager for 2020, this is pure toxic. No faith in our backs. Having a sweeper system playing against 13 men, in our own back yard doesn't show much confidence in players. 14 of those players who played yesterday hurled against Clare in the all Ireland quarter final defeat last year. So we CANT say we are trying out players. Whereas Galway had Canning and the two Mannion's, the rest of the Galway team might not make the Galway championship panel. Joe Show and a joke show from Davy.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 20/01/2019 19:37:14    2158496

Link

Replying To castletownman:  "WE talk about the progress we've made being in div 1 A, and anyone who has won anything is in 1 B. All Ireland winners, leinster winners, Wash cup winners... ALL Div 1 B!! Playing the same system for 3 years in a row. Septic hurling. Bring on a new manager for 2020, this is pure toxic. No faith in our backs. Having a sweeper system playing against 13 men, in our own back yard doesn't show much confidence in players. 14 of those players who played yesterday hurled against Clare in the all Ireland quarter final defeat last year. So we CANT say we are trying out players. Whereas Galway had Canning and the two Mannion's, the rest of the Galway team might not make the Galway championship panel. Joe Show and a joke show from Davy."
Aidan Harte, Jonny Coen, and Jason Flynn are seasoned stalwarts on the Galway Senior panel. The rest of the team were made up of the best of last years Leinster title winning u21 team and a couple if fringe senior1 players. Galway were missing some players on account of the Fitzgibbon Cup as were we. If we had of won at a canter every1 wouldve said we were peaking too early. Davy himself said wed be gearing training more towards the Championship this year.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 20/01/2019 20:27:58    2158515

Link

If he was gearing training more towards the championship then why did he not use the Walsh cup to try a lot of new guys, bring them forward and try expand our panel a bit. Start the likes of Gavin Bailey, Darren Byrne, Seamus Casey, Rory Higgins and see how they go. Too late now I suppose

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1214 - 21/01/2019 08:00:18    2158562

Link

Replying To 890202:  "If he was gearing training more towards the championship then why did he not use the Walsh cup to try a lot of new guys, bring them forward and try expand our panel a bit. Start the likes of Gavin Bailey, Darren Byrne, Seamus Casey, Rory Higgins and see how they go. Too late now I suppose"
I agree, i said this last week. We need to give these lads games... I do hope some will get game time in the league.

logger (Wexford) - Posts: 255 - 21/01/2019 10:17:43    2158583

Link

Replying To Viking66:  "Aidan Harte, Jonny Coen, and Jason Flynn are seasoned stalwarts on the Galway Senior panel. The rest of the team were made up of the best of last years Leinster title winning u21 team and a couple if fringe senior1 players. Galway were missing some players on account of the Fitzgibbon Cup as were we. If we had of won at a canter every1 wouldve said we were peaking too early. Davy himself said wed be gearing training more towards the Championship this year."
Sorry Aidan Harte did start, plus Johnny Coen and Jason Flynn. That's a total of 6 regulars but Wexford used 16 players that hurled against Clare last year, you can butter it up whatever way you like. We got another lesson from a div 1 B team. I think the Wexford Davy love affair is coming to an end.

castletownman (Wexford) - Posts: 249 - 21/01/2019 19:15:44    2158732

Link

Replying To castletownman:  "Sorry Aidan Harte did start, plus Johnny Coen and Jason Flynn. That's a total of 6 regulars but Wexford used 16 players that hurled against Clare last year, you can butter it up whatever way you like. We got another lesson from a div 1 B team. I think the Wexford Davy love affair is coming to an end."
Will Saturdays result have any relevance in a few wks time, it's actually getting to the stage that I think you want us underperforming

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 21/01/2019 21:30:06    2158758

Link

Replying To 890202:  "If he was gearing training more towards the championship then why did he not use the Walsh cup to try a lot of new guys, bring them forward and try expand our panel a bit. Start the likes of Gavin Bailey, Darren Byrne, Seamus Casey, Rory Higgins and see how they go. Too late now I suppose"
You are 100% right. Hope he gives them a match or 2 in the league....

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 21/01/2019 21:55:59    2158771

Link

Replying To castletownman:  "WE talk about the progress we've made being in div 1 A, and anyone who has won anything is in 1 B. All Ireland winners, leinster winners, Wash cup winners... ALL Div 1 B!! Playing the same system for 3 years in a row. Septic hurling. Bring on a new manager for 2020, this is pure toxic. No faith in our backs. Having a sweeper system playing against 13 men, in our own back yard doesn't show much confidence in players. 14 of those players who played yesterday hurled against Clare in the all Ireland quarter final defeat last year. So we CANT say we are trying out players. Whereas Galway had Canning and the two Mannion's, the rest of the Galway team might not make the Galway championship panel. Joe Show and a joke show from Davy."
Time for crap like this from January to be dug up, some of the stuff posted here round that time was beyond a joke

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 16/06/2019 11:09:00    2195658

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "Time for crap like this from January to be dug up, some of the stuff posted here round that time was beyond a joke"
Spot on. No sign of Castletownman recently.........

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 16/06/2019 13:31:18    2195709

Link

Lads anywhere I could watch the whole match today again

hunting (Wexford) - Posts: 589 - 16/06/2019 18:43:48    2195950

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "Time for crap like this from January to be dug up, some of the stuff posted here round that time was beyond a joke"
Might be time to re-dig it up.

Castletown man was right. And so were many others. Too many allow hearts to rule heads when it comes to analysing Wexford.

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1214 - 01/11/2020 18:25:29    2304003

Link

Replying To 890202:  "Might be time to re-dig it up.

Castletown man was right. And so were many others. Too many allow hearts to rule heads when it comes to analysing Wexford."
Irrelevance I am absolutely delighted to see you dig up 1 and 2 year year old posts a day after we produce our worst performance sense 2015 or 2016, gives everyone an insight into how you operate, your opportunism and how you can't be taken seriously.

Its about balance, if we're terrible I'll say we're terrible like I did after the game last night, if we play well I'll give the appropriate praise, I called you out on your nonsense in January I asked you to reply you never did, pretty sure you miraculously reappeared in the summer the day the anonymous letter to the CPA from a wexford club player was published. Now 1 day after how worst performance in 4 or 5 years you suddenly appear out of the woodwork, I'd say you were trembling with the excitement after the game last night, where were you back in Jan and Feb during the league when things were going ok didn't have an opinion then?  Asking you to reply once again even though I don't value your opinion in any way whatsoever

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 01/11/2020 19:50:24    2304056

Link

Replying To 890202:  "Might be time to re-dig it up.

Castletown man was right. And so were many others. Too many allow hearts to rule heads when it comes to analysing Wexford."
you might point out what crap you are pointing out

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3900 - 01/11/2020 20:15:29    2304077

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "you might point out what crap you are pointing out"
They got a bit frazzled in their excitement following last night's poor performance....

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 01/11/2020 20:31:59    2304092

Link

3 days later and not a peep out of the usual suspect.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 04/11/2020 20:18:07    2305203

Link

Lol

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 08/11/2020 20:56:09    2306450

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "3 days later and not a peep out of the usual suspect."
Lol

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 08/11/2020 20:57:21    2306452

Link