Half Forwards:
10. Paul McCusker (Ederney)
11. Ryan Jones (Derrygonnelly)
12. Richard O'Callaghan (Enniskillen)
Full Forwards:
13. Ruairi Corrigan (Kinawley)
14. Sean Quigley (Roslea)
15. Tomas Corrigan (Kinawley)

Note: To abitawit, I was correct as Aiden Breen is chosen for midfield!

Wired2theMoon (Fermanagh) - Posts: 25 - 10/06/2016 21:58:31    1865031

Link

Replying To Wired2theMoon:  "Fermanagh starting team for the Ulster Quarter Final

Goalkeeper:
1. Christopher Snow (Ederney)
Full Backs:
2. Mickey Jones (Derrygonnelly)
3. Che Cullen (Belnaleck)
4. Marty O'Brien (Devenish)
Half Backs:
5. Declan McCusker (Ederney)
6. James McMahon (Roslea)
7. Barry Mulrone (Devenish)
Midfield:
8. Eoin Donnelly (Captain) (Coa)
9. Aidan Breen (Tempo)
Half Forwards:
Full Forwards:

Note: To abitawit, I was correct as Aiden Breen is chosen for midfield!"
your username thou..

wiredtothemoon...

abitawit (Fermanagh) - Posts: 274 - 10/06/2016 23:17:10    1865058

Link

Replying To Wired2theMoon:  "Fermanagh starting team for the Ulster Quarter Final

Goalkeeper:
1. Christopher Snow (Ederney)
Full Backs:
2. Mickey Jones (Derrygonnelly)
3. Che Cullen (Belnaleck)
4. Marty O'Brien (Devenish)
Half Backs:
5. Declan McCusker (Ederney)
6. James McMahon (Roslea)
7. Barry Mulrone (Devenish)
Midfield:
8. Eoin Donnelly (Captain) (Coa)
9. Aidan Breen (Tempo)
Half Forwards:
Full Forwards:

Note: To abitawit, I was correct as Aiden Breen is chosen for midfield!"
Do you really think he will play in midfield ahead of Jones or O'Callaghan?

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 11/06/2016 01:50:13    1865069

Link

Interesting that abitawit had no answer in response to moon boy. Yes Pete has named probably the best starting team although he may put Jones at midfield and Breen at half back but I agree with moon boy that O'Callaghan may be physically big and strong doesn't have the mobility or sharpness that is needed in a high end game like tomorrows. Someone cleverly mentioned that the midefielders will have to multi task in support to both the backs and forwards so along with Donnelly either Jones or Breen would be the right fit. It will be tough challenge for our boys but a win is possible. So good luck tomorrow

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 959 - 11/06/2016 09:38:46    1865082

Link

Replying To cillnaile.:  "Interesting that abitawit had no answer in response to moon boy. Yes Pete has named probably the best starting team although he may put Jones at midfield and Breen at half back but I agree with moon boy that O'Callaghan may be physically big and strong doesn't have the mobility or sharpness that is needed in a high end game like tomorrows. Someone cleverly mentioned that the midefielders will have to multi task in support to both the backs and forwards so along with Donnelly either Jones or Breen would be the right fit. It will be tough challenge for our boys but a win is possible. So good luck tomorrow"
Interesting that abitawit had no answer in response to moon boy. Yes Pete has named probably the best starting team although he may put Jones at midfield and Breen at half back but I agree with moon boy that O'Callaghan may be physically big and strong doesn't have the mobility or sharpness that is needed in a high end game like tomorrows. Someone cleverly mentioned that the midefielders will have to multi task in support to both the backs and forwards so along with Donnelly either Jones or Breen would be the right fit. It will be tough challenge for our boys but a win is possible. So good luck tomorrow

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts:878 - 11/06/2016 09:38:46 1

look again lad i did reply!!

Richard ocallahan has been named to play, he's not going to be playing wing half forward is he? naw he'l be in midfield.

Breen hasnt played midfeild for fermanagh since never, and i highly doubt he'l be matching up with rory kavanagh or hugh mcfadden/murphy tomorrow...

abitawit (Fermanagh) - Posts: 274 - 11/06/2016 11:56:54    1865101

Link

me thinks dat the wit ands milk guys are talkin threw there behinds as breen dids starts in midfield before,

question

altho i wulds like to see fermangh win but i think i mites be wishfull thinkin. so question i haves if fermangh has to play wexfort have they any chance to beats them? and if beatin wat happens?

The_Lug_Coa (Fermanagh) - Posts: 391 - 11/06/2016 13:44:25    1865121

Link

Replying To The_Lug_Coa:  "me thinks dat the wit ands milk guys are talkin threw there behinds as breen dids starts in midfield before,

question

altho i wulds like to see fermangh win but i think i mites be wishfull thinkin. so question i haves if fermangh has to play wexfort have they any chance to beats them? and if beatin wat happens?"
Were you on the pints yesterday?

abitawit (Fermanagh) - Posts: 274 - 12/06/2016 09:53:41    1865368

Link

Fermanagh lacked a we bit composure on the final ball...were tryin to work it out as we go.....both donegals goals were straight from the training ground. ..they set up there moves really well
Fermanagb are close..very close to bridging the gap between tge top teams in ulster.........my stat for the day surely has to be that wee missed a pelanty and hit the post 4/5? Times?..just wasnt gunna happen!

abitawit (Fermanagh) - Posts: 274 - 12/06/2016 15:48:16    1865501

Link

Replying To abitawit:  "Fermanagh lacked a we bit composure on the final ball...were tryin to work it out as we go.....both donegals goals were straight from the training ground. ..they set up there moves really well
Fermanagb are close..very close to bridging the gap between tge top teams in ulster.........my stat for the day surely has to be that wee missed a pelanty and hit the post 4/5? Times?..just wasnt gunna happen!"
Agree with this, Fermanagh are very close. If the penalty had been scored this could have been a very different result. In reality the only difference was Donegal took their 2 goal chances and Fermanagh missed a few good chances. The second goal was a killer.

I fully expect Fermanagh to beat Wexford and I think they will be in the All-Ireland quarter finals again. If you can start to take those goal chances you will be a match for any team.

By the way I thought the Fermanagh supporters were great, no nonsense, just supporting their team to the last.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1698 - 13/06/2016 10:09:45    1865961

Link

I thought Donegal were very cynical from the No 1 the goalkeeper who deliberately held up things before the penalty to the water carrier who tried to wind up Quigley. There was constant sledging from Donegal players and a number of players feigned injury. In front of me one of the Donegal players wasn't touched but lay down as if he had been shot taking about 2 minutes of treatment. A deliberate tactic to break up play. McGee was at it constantly - Rory Gallagher's reaction to the sending off - "he kind of shrugged his man off". Laughable

Pete McGrath's reaction
FERMANAGH manager Pete McGrath accusing Donegal of gamesmanship during yesterday's clash in Ballybofey
"Donegal had a lot of gamesmanship out there today, whether you like it or not," said McGrath.
"Let's call a spade a spade. I mean, the number of times Donegal players went down, in some instances feigning injury, just to stop the clock, to break the play up and the referee fell for it, he fell for it."
McGrath was also angry at the two-minute delay in taking the penalty describing it as unacceptable.
"Let's see what the authorities do about it. I mean, they will do nothing of course because it's Fermanagh.
"If it was Dublin on the receiving end of it, they might do something about it, but because it's Fermanagh, you know," said McGrath.

eamonkeown (Fermanagh) - Posts: 23 - 13/06/2016 11:15:07    1866019

Link

Whats the point in making up excuses? Yes alot of time was wasted leading up too the penalty but quigley needed to be ready for that,

It looked like he hadnt got his mind made up when he hit the peno, he stopped in his run up to try and second guess the keeper which backfired into a weak penalty......Anyways many a good player has missed a penalty and fermanagh had half time to re-group so certainly not his fault we lost the game.

For me Donegal are strongest where fermanagh are weakest which is in the half back/ half forward lines...The mchughs, macniallias and rielly were killing us every time on the counter, their so good in posssesion, once they had the ball you felt they were gunna make something happen, their ability to see 2/3 passes ahead of the game lead to the 2 goals and could have been more!!

For fermanagh, our wing half forwards/backs, their alrite...... but they dont operate at the same level as the guys ive just mentioned. Donegals half forwards / backs scored 2-4 from play yesterday!!

abitawit (Fermanagh) - Posts: 274 - 13/06/2016 12:01:38    1866064

Link

Replying To abitawit:  "Whats the point in making up excuses? Yes alot of time was wasted leading up too the penalty but quigley needed to be ready for that,

It looked like he hadnt got his mind made up when he hit the peno, he stopped in his run up to try and second guess the keeper which backfired into a weak penalty......Anyways many a good player has missed a penalty and fermanagh had half time to re-group so certainly not his fault we lost the game.

For me Donegal are strongest where fermanagh are weakest which is in the half back/ half forward lines...The mchughs, macniallias and rielly were killing us every time on the counter, their so good in posssesion, once they had the ball you felt they were gunna make something happen, their ability to see 2/3 passes ahead of the game lead to the 2 goals and could have been more!!

For fermanagh, our wing half forwards/backs, their alrite...... but they dont operate at the same level as the guys ive just mentioned. Donegals half forwards / backs scored 2-4 from play yesterday!!"
Pete McGrath accused Donegal of gamesmanship after Fermanagh's defeat in Ballybofey. The Erne County boss cut a frustrated figure after his side failed to capitalise on Neil McGee's sending off just before half-time.
Sorry Pete, there is no point in trying to hide away from Fermanagh's shortcomings by accusing Donegal of tactical misdemeanors. Failure was down to his own players and himself and how they failed to capitalise on having an extra man, Donegal proved they were more capable although they are not half the team they were 5 years ago and this puts Fermanagh's ability or should I say lack of, into perspective.
Maybe we expected to much of Fermanagh considering they only survived relegation to league div 3 by 1 point thanks to our neighbours Tyrone. However, on a more positive note the All Ireland qualifier with Wexford should nevertheless provide an opportunity to progress although I fear for how they will fair if they get through to the quarter final. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

AuldGussie (Fermanagh) - Posts: 71 - 13/06/2016 13:57:42    1866159

Link