Fermanagh Forum

New Season New Hopes For 2021

(Oldest Posts First)

Anyone care to name a radical new team for the senior footballers of 2021 focusing on youth speed and finishers ??... I'll have a go when I finish the home schooling aaaaah!

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 249 - 08/01/2021 12:04:48    2326612

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "Anyone care to name a radical new team for the senior footballers of 2021 focusing on youth speed and finishers ??... I'll have a go when I finish the home schooling aaaaah!"
Is there any sort of squad list available? I read ricey said he currently has 42 people training,

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 75 - 08/01/2021 12:24:19    2326617

Link

1. Sean McNally

2. Jonny Cassidy
3. Che Cullen
4. Luke Flanagan / Kane Connor

5. Ultan Kelm
6. Decky McCusker
7. Josh Largo

8. Eoin Donnelly
9. Lee Cullen (Brandon Horan could be a serious option here if Cullen hadn't committed)

10. James McMahon (dropping back as sweeper)
11. Ciaran Corrigan
12. Eoin Beacom

13. Mark McCauley
14. Sean Quigley
15. Darragh McGurn

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 93 - 10/01/2021 11:56:31    2326864

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "1. Sean McNally

2. Jonny Cassidy
3. Che Cullen
4. Luke Flanagan / Kane Connor

5. Ultan Kelm
6. Decky McCusker
7. Josh Largo

8. Eoin Donnelly
9. Lee Cullen (Brandon Horan could be a serious option here if Cullen hadn't committed)

10. James McMahon (dropping back as sweeper)
11. Ciaran Corrigan
12. Eoin Beacom

13. Mark McCauley
14. Sean Quigley
15. Darragh McGurn"
This team for me would not be experienced enough to get out of the division. I can count at least 4 players who are not at the county standard just yet and may need another year on the panel. For example, both josh and Eoin Beacom are clearly not at the standard of starting on a county team(Physically and ability-wise). This was clear by this year's displays in the league and championship. Although it will be refreshing to see how the likes of sean McNally and Brandon Horan in the mix as they both had a really good season.

Allaboutclub (Fermanagh) - Posts: 75 - 12/01/2021 11:20:29    2327086

Link

Replying To Allaboutclub:  "This team for me would not be experienced enough to get out of the division. I can count at least 4 players who are not at the county standard just yet and may need another year on the panel. For example, both josh and Eoin Beacom are clearly not at the standard of starting on a county team(Physically and ability-wise). This was clear by this year's displays in the league and championship. Although it will be refreshing to see how the likes of sean McNally and Brandon Horan in the mix as they both had a really good season."
I actually agree fully with you there. But without being too negative. Im not sure we have the team to get out of division 3 regardless. Cavan, Tipperary and Derry are going to be huge games, and games im not sure we are capable of winning right now with the current team/management. I think Division 3 will be great for getting the inexperienced lads game time, and staying up would be the main goal if a lot of new players are brought in.
Conor Love is a great prospect and can bring a real goal threat which we really are lacking, even if it is off the bench.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 93 - 12/01/2021 12:46:28    2327100

Link

Sean Quigley is back in the Fermanagh squad but will it make up for those who have exited the coming season? I have my doubts!

AuldGussie (Fermanagh) - Posts: 72 - 18/01/2021 08:55:20    2327874

Link

Gussie I think you are right he is on the downhill slope. It may please macca but realistically his contributions will have little affect as what the team needs is the better players to return but that will be a least 2022 or beyond. I'm beginning to get concerned that players are getting expenses for training at home so has the gravy train not stopped during the lockdowns? I could go on and on but enough debate material for now to chew over!

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 762 - 18/01/2021 13:39:28    2327921

Link

Leave aside being macca's favorite, Sean Quigley has to be among the best free takers Fermanagh ever had and has still a lot to give to the team for seasons to come. I wouldn't get too bad worried about those exit players as there is plenty of young talent coming along who should improve Fermanagh's fortunes going forward.
I'm a bit disgusted to hear about the expense claims if true.

BigToeJoe (Fermanagh) - Posts: 128 - 19/01/2021 14:14:13    2328076

Link

1. James McGrath

2. Jonny Cassidy
3. Che Cullen
4. Kane Connor

5. Oran McCarney
6. James McMahon
7. Young Shiels

8. Eoin Donnelly
9. Lee Cullen

10. Ultan Kelm
11. Darragh McGurn
12. Decky McCusker

13. Mark McCauley
14. Young Cassidy
15. Young Glynn

Sean Q only if the Rory Gallagher diet works for him
Richie O'C still a good man for FF and CB
Beacom McStravick Glynn Love and Horan both need game time this season to bring them on
Been needs a few months on bench to get the hunger back .. he hasn't been himself since semi final 2018 omagh

Boys posting here too that lads shouldn't be compensated for training at home and I say why the hell not as they are giving up family time on top of sacrifice after sacrifice .. watchin what they eat drink sleep everything all towards the cause ... well all but our returning talisman ;-)

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 249 - 19/01/2021 15:41:10    2328090

Link

Wise up keshgfc. If they are deserved expenses then ono problem. But claiming for electricity, shower gal, shampoo, laundry, rent hire of their own bedroom/training space their house and to top it all off getting paid to buy protein food including Tbone steaks takes the biscuit! It simply crazy.

abc1234 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 392 - 19/01/2021 20:13:17    2328135

Link

Replying To abc1234:  "Wise up keshgfc. If they are deserved expenses then ono problem. But claiming for electricity, shower gal, shampoo, laundry, rent hire of their own bedroom/training space their house and to top it all off getting paid to buy protein food including Tbone steaks takes the biscuit! It simply crazy."
Send them the form that allows them claim for lost family time .. what hourly rate would u put on that ???... it's called creative accounting ... and I've no problem with them labelling it steaks and gels lol

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 249 - 20/01/2021 11:39:56    2328185

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "1. James McGrath

2. Jonny Cassidy
3. Che Cullen
4. Kane Connor

5. Oran McCarney
6. James McMahon
7. Young Shiels

8. Eoin Donnelly
9. Lee Cullen

10. Ultan Kelm
11. Darragh McGurn
12. Decky McCusker

13. Mark McCauley
14. Young Cassidy
15. Young Glynn

Sean Q only if the Rory Gallagher diet works for him
Richie O'C still a good man for FF and CB
Beacom McStravick Glynn Love and Horan both need game time this season to bring them on
Been needs a few months on bench to get the hunger back .. he hasn't been himself since semi final 2018 omagh

Boys posting here too that lads shouldn't be compensated for training at home and I say why the hell not as they are giving up family time on top of sacrifice after sacrifice .. watchin what they eat drink sleep everything all towards the cause ... well all but our returning talisman ;-)"
This has to be one of the worst teams I have ever seen suggested, would struggle in division 4. That "good man for FF" played regularly this year and never got close to even a score. How can you leave out Ciaran Corrigan for example who has been our best attacking player for the guts of 2 years now? That half back line would get annihilated by any half decent intercounty team. Then a full forward line with no real experience at all of senior intercounty championship, and would struggle hugely physically? (i do agree all 3 are talented players though)
Can you get me a price for the stuff youre smoking. I want some

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 93 - 21/01/2021 23:19:40    2328415

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "This has to be one of the worst teams I have ever seen suggested, would struggle in division 4. That "good man for FF" played regularly this year and never got close to even a score. How can you leave out Ciaran Corrigan for example who has been our best attacking player for the guts of 2 years now? That half back line would get annihilated by any half decent intercounty team. Then a full forward line with no real experience at all of senior intercounty championship, and would struggle hugely physically? (i do agree all 3 are talented players though)
Can you get me a price for the stuff youre smoking. I want some"
shotgun I have been noting his posts and as I expected it's actually appears to be the forum's renowned multi poster, macca. He seems to like populating this space with his take on team lists and as I have often said it makes no difference whatsoever as it is not him that decides the team. I'm not sure if I feel sorry for him or annoyed, probably the latter as it gets a bit irritating.

ekn_teacher (Fermanagh) - Posts: 243 - 22/01/2021 14:09:25    2328514

Link

Replying To ekn_teacher:  "shotgun I have been noting his posts and as I expected it's actually appears to be the forum's renowned multi poster, macca. He seems to like populating this space with his take on team lists and as I have often said it makes no difference whatsoever as it is not him that decides the team. I'm not sure if I feel sorry for him or annoyed, probably the latter as it gets a bit irritating."
suppose being a teacher you would have the time to note all these things. Maybe you are the FF in question above...

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 93 - 22/01/2021 14:55:50    2328524

Link

Who all is on the Fermanagh panel this year? Has Ricey brought in anyone new to the back room team?

wombat (Tyrone) - Posts: 23 - 22/01/2021 18:50:42    2328564

Link

Who all is on the Fermanagh panel this year? Has Ricey brought in anyone new to the back room team?

wombat (Tyrone) - Posts: 23 - 22/01/2021 20:44:50    2328594

Link

Replying To shotgun:  "This has to be one of the worst teams I have ever seen suggested, would struggle in division 4. That "good man for FF" played regularly this year and never got close to even a score. How can you leave out Ciaran Corrigan for example who has been our best attacking player for the guts of 2 years now? That half back line would get annihilated by any half decent intercounty team. Then a full forward line with no real experience at all of senior intercounty championship, and would struggle hugely physically? (i do agree all 3 are talented players though)
Can you get me a price for the stuff youre smoking. I want some"
Oops I clean forgot about Ciaran Corrigan .. oh aye he starts .. he's good n speedy .. and why not go crazy and experiment ... speed is everything in the modern game ....

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 249 - 04/02/2021 18:58:29    2330295

Link