Dublin Forum

Dublin Vs Tyrone U20 (Hopefully)

(Oldest Posts First)

Well lads

Thoughts on u20 game on Saturday if it's on.

Who are the stand out players for the Dubs?

Really looking forward to it!!

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 13/10/2020 18:39:23    2297350

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Well lads

Thoughts on u20 game on Saturday if it's on.

Who are the stand out players for the Dubs?

Really looking forward to it!!"
We were motoring well before the enforced break a Chara. Its always hard to judge in Leinster, but this grade is an awful lot more even in Leinster then it would be at Senior.

We look a very balanced team, strong in midfield, some big physical quality players in the forward line and a little light at the back for me, but like a lot of Dublin teams defenders who can hurt you with pace.

Stand out players, Archer of course everyone knows about. Luke Swan is a beast, ill be keeping an eye on him against the Tyrone backline. Lorcan O Dell in the half forward line is a bit up and down but id be a big fan, prodigious and best player in a few games, but can also be quiet, he's a playmaker in the Alan B mould. McKeon & Lavin have shooting boots. Foran is a good player also. We have a strong midfield that wont be bullied or haven't been so far. The front 8 is strong.

Hard to call this, Galway, Kerry, Tyrone or Dublin - i wouldn't be surprised to see any of them win it, not by much either.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 15/10/2020 14:09:04    2297782

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "We were motoring well before the enforced break a Chara. Its always hard to judge in Leinster, but this grade is an awful lot more even in Leinster then it would be at Senior.

We look a very balanced team, strong in midfield, some big physical quality players in the forward line and a little light at the back for me, but like a lot of Dublin teams defenders who can hurt you with pace.

Stand out players, Archer of course everyone knows about. Luke Swan is a beast, ill be keeping an eye on him against the Tyrone backline. Lorcan O Dell in the half forward line is a bit up and down but id be a big fan, prodigious and best player in a few games, but can also be quiet, he's a playmaker in the Alan B mould. McKeon & Lavin have shooting boots. Foran is a good player also. We have a strong midfield that wont be bullied or haven't been so far. The front 8 is strong.

Hard to call this, Galway, Kerry, Tyrone or Dublin - i wouldn't be surprised to see any of them win it, not by much either."
I've heard Archer is the next star coming out of Dublin....be interesting to see him play.

Tyrone have Darragh Canavan back after a broken wrist, he's played no football in months so will be short of match fitness but with the Canavan blood in him he could be a game changer.

Unfortunately for Tyrone they have lost their Captain and centre back Anton Fox to a long term injury which is a huge blow. Lot of talk he will join the seniors next year and be a future star.

Tyrone have a few other good players, Tee Quinn can score, Aidan Clarke and Cormac Munroe are solid at the back.

Dubs favourites but you never know, hopefully will be a close, entertaining game.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1790 - 15/10/2020 20:47:22    2297884

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "I've heard Archer is the next star coming out of Dublin....be interesting to see him play.

Tyrone have Darragh Canavan back after a broken wrist, he's played no football in months so will be short of match fitness but with the Canavan blood in him he could be a game changer.

Unfortunately for Tyrone they have lost their Captain and centre back Anton Fox to a long term injury which is a huge blow. Lot of talk he will join the seniors next year and be a future star.

Tyrone have a few other good players, Tee Quinn can score, Aidan Clarke and Cormac Munroe are solid at the back.

Dubs favourites but you never know, hopefully will be a close, entertaining game."
Best of luck to both teams today a chara, hopefully a good game of ball.

Puts it all in perspective when you see what happened on the other side of the draw.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3671 - 17/10/2020 11:14:15    2298318

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "I've heard Archer is the next star coming out of Dublin....be interesting to see him play.

Dubs favourites but you never know, hopefully will be a close, entertaining game."
archer is as going to be as good as kilkenny

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1925 - 19/10/2020 18:33:38    2299327

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "archer is as going to be as good as kilkenny"
He is some talent and consistently good also.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3309 - 24/10/2020 20:42:23    2300948

Link