Down Forum

USHC

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

We are not quite rock bottom like Derry but we are on a downward spiral.

We showed in Loughgeil that we are still capable of a decent performance

I think its time for a new management with fresh ideas. We need to get a bit of spirit and pride back in the squad and if we do we have the hurlers to beat the likes of Armagh who we must remember were only runners up in Nicky Rackard

down12792 (Down) - Posts: 123 - 21/06/2016 13:56:25    1870208

Link

Replying To down12792:  "We are not quite rock bottom like Derry but we are on a downward spiral.

We showed in Loughgeil that we are still capable of a decent performance

I think its time for a new management with fresh ideas. We need to get a bit of spirit and pride back in the squad and if we do we have the hurlers to beat the likes of Armagh who we must remember were only runners up in Nicky Rackard"
I don't think we're on a downward spiral, if anything with the age of the team I'd be expecting our results to improve in the next year or two, I just see a few issues I'm not entirely sure the current management have the wherewithal to sort out.

1) Discipline... We're losing men to red cards and fouling far too often for it not to be an issue with the attitude within the management and camp.
2) Team formations..... How many times do we see a defender thrown into the forwards and hope for the best. Current lads don't attend too many club games that I have seen!
3) The players themselves need to cop on and commit a bit more, but you get the impression from some that they'll do just enough and no more!

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 21/06/2016 14:26:58    1870232

Link

Have been traveling and not able to post any message for a long time.
I have been to most of Down's matches this year and can honestly say Down are down.
I don't blame the manager as he plays the hand he is dealt.
Take the last two games against Armagh, the league final and the USH semi final, Armagh fully deserved their victories.
I am of the opinion that hidden behind the scenes, Connor McGregor is coaching Down, resulting in so many red cards and even some of the management team being put out of the field. STOP playing the man and play hurling.
On Saturday Down had 4 subs, that itself speaks volumes. After leading by nine points, Down were bamboozled by Armagh's sheer determination and hunger. How on earth can the likes of ----- still be on the panel with his record, it takes 15 players on the field to win a match not 12.

Always Right (Down) - Posts: 221 - 21/06/2016 22:38:57    1870530

Link

Still the pace setters for red cards !

grimgormley (Antrim) - Posts: 60 - 01/07/2016 18:54:52    1874821

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "I don't think we're on a downward spiral, if anything with the age of the team I'd be expecting our results to improve in the next year or two, I just see a few issues I'm not entirely sure the current management have the wherewithal to sort out.

1) Discipline... We're losing men to red cards and fouling far too often for it not to be an issue with the attitude within the management and camp.
2) Team formations..... How many times do we see a defender thrown into the forwards and hope for the best. Current lads don't attend too many club games that I have seen!
3) The players themselves need to cop on and commit a bit more, but you get the impression from some that they'll do just enough and no more!"
Pace setters for red cards !

grimgormley (Antrim) - Posts: 60 - 01/07/2016 18:56:37    1874822

Link

Replying To grimgormley:  "Pace setters for red cards !"
Thanks for the insightful post there Grim, you are a credit to your parish!

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 04/07/2016 12:09:55    1875975

Link