Down Forum

All County Minor league

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

topdownfan
County: Down

1486038 ed72. . would i be right in saying you are a east Down man wishing the clubs in east Down where as far ahead as south Down

topdownfan - Would you not be wanting the best for your local footballers? Clown.

Down123 (Down) - Posts: 21 - 21/09/2013 11:08:51    1486150

Link

Down123 I think you've misunderstood, from what I gather topdownfan is trying to suss out a ed72 and give a bit of fact in saying that south down are ahead of east down clubs.

MissDownFanatic (Down) - Posts: 411 - 21/09/2013 19:18:58    1486406

Link

Does it matter where anyone is from and if they are county minor material or not? Surely this thread is about who is going to win the title this year Mayobridge or Rostrevor. I don't know ?

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 28/09/2013 21:49:24    1491145

Link

Elk.............there are 2 other teams that can win the minor championship .............Shamrocks and Warrenpoint! You obviously have a Rostrevor v Mayobridge final pencilled into your diary. I wouldn't be so sure about that.

rcss1 (Down) - Posts: 124 - 29/09/2013 20:22:31    1491535

Link

That's my opinion rscc1. I don't think there is a lot between the four teams left but Shamrocks struggled to beat an average Burren team and Warrenpoint conceded 2 - 6 against a very average Saul team. Mayobridge won the league and beat a decent Saval team in the quarter final and Rostrevor beat Clonduff who were many people's favourites for the title this year. Don't think CPN will catch anyone on the hop this year,I maybe wrong but I think it will be the Bridge and Rostrevor in the final. I will be at both semi's and just hope they are two good matches played in the right spirit.

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 30/09/2013 16:23:36    1492138

Link

That's my opinion rscc1. I don't think there is a lot between the four teams left but Shamrocks struggled to beat an average Burren team and Warrenpoint conceded 2 - 6 against a very average Saul team. Mayobridge won the league and beat a decent Saval team in the quarter final and Rostrevor beat Clonduff who were many people's favourites for the title this year. Don't think CPN will catch anyone on the hop this year,I maybe wrong but I think it will be the Bridge and Rostrevor in the final. I will be at both semi's and just hope they are two good matches played in the right spirit.

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 30/09/2013 16:23:50    1492139

Link

Elk......I respect your opinion but if I didn't know what was going on in Down football and I read your post I would think that Rostrevor and Mayobridge were already in the final! This season Shamrocks have beaten Warrenpoint and drew with Clonduff. Warrenpoint cruised through their group and beat Saval away from home. Your predictions may well prove to be correct but anybody who writes off Shamrocks and Warrenpoint is being foolish, with the talent they have. Also, Rostrevor haven't exactly set the world on fire this year. They struggled out of their group and in the league Warrenpoint beat them handy.

rcss1 (Down) - Posts: 124 - 02/10/2013 08:51:39    1493254

Link

first semi final tonight any one prdeict how the match will fair out

massiveattack (Down) - Posts: 25 - 02/10/2013 14:35:09    1493617

Link

Rcss1 I am sure the four teams left all have talented players among their ranks and I agree teams have beaten each other all year but no one has beaten the Bridge yet so surely they must be the worthy favourites.

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 02/10/2013 16:24:11    1493800

Link

Rcss1 I am sure the four teams left all have talented players among their ranks and I agree teams have beaten each other all year but no one has beaten the Bridge yet so surely they must be the worthy favourites.

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 02/10/2013 16:24:18    1493801

Link

Elk......well you got the first one right anyway!!! I agree the Bridge are favourites but I think Warrenpoint are dangerous. They didn't play each other in the league. The Bridge couldn't field that night. I think it might have been something to do with St.Marks being in the All-Ireland series. Not sure. Looks like the weather is going to ruin it, which is a pity. Anything could happen in bad conditions.

rcss1 (Down) - Posts: 124 - 03/10/2013 08:47:18    1494107

Link

Thanks Rcss1, although I thought predicting Rostrevor to beat the Shamrocks was straight forward enough as they are a better team unit and don't rely on one man as much as Shamrocks. Tonight's game will be a lot tighter with both teams well matched up, just hope the rain and wind eases off so we can see a decent game. I beleive conditions played havoc with the game last night. Still fancy the Bridge to edge it.

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 03/10/2013 14:10:07    1494429

Link

Elk......can i go to the bookies with you tomorrow to pick my teams for the weekend?!! Mayobridge were the better team. Warrenpoint didn't really show up. Mayobridge had their homework done. They took turns to foul Warrenpoint's star player McAleenan at every opportunity. It was a smart thing to do in terms of getting the win. They also won midfield easily. Warrenpoint's team selection in that area was confusing when they had more natural ball winners in the half forward line. No doubt Mayobridge deserve to be in the final. They were smarter and got the killer goals.

rcss1 (Down) - Posts: 124 - 04/10/2013 08:42:59    1495134

Link

Have to agree rcss1, Warrenpoint management didn't do their homework as well as the Bridge management and set their team up with some strange positional choices. The Point were very wasteful in the 1st half and made some very poor defensive errors. Don't understand why it took nearly 20 minutes before they realised they needed to give Corey Quinn a bit of closer attention.The Bridge were never going to allow Mc Aleenan a goal scoring chance.Thought the penalty for the Bridge was generous.Very poor conditions for football, maybe shouldn't have been played on such a slippy surface but fair play to all the lads that played and served up a entertaining enough game on the night. Now my prediction for the final - Rostrevor, get to the bookies rcss1 before their odds are slashed!!!!!!!!!

elk (Down) - Posts: 80 - 04/10/2013 09:49:02    1495179

Link