Monaghan Forum

Club Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Tommy freeman form is temporary class is permanent. Kieran Hughes also had a very good game stood up when needed the most

Ulster13 (Monaghan) - Posts: 7 - 03/09/2017 22:08:14    2042349

Link

Paudie McKenna and Christopher McAnenly will have to get a chance at the county next year, both been outstanding all year. Would also like to see MP O'Dowd from Clontibret get a chance in the McKenna Cup, him and McGuigan have been the only bright sparks for them in the Championship.
Hoping to see a Latton vs Scotstown final, Latton ran them to a point without Owen Duffy for the majority of the match and have proved to be a lot better than I thought. Thought Eddie Lennon done as well as anyone has on Conor McCarthy this year. Darren Hughes very quiet in the second half, although there's rumours that he's playing with an injury.

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 95 - 04/09/2017 11:19:39    2042485

Link

Replying To stevie08:  "Tommy absolutely roasted drew wylie totally agree"
It was unreal to watch, what an absolute class act the man is, must have kicked 9 or 10 points altogether. Finlay wasn't bad either, great to see these lads giving so much back to their clubs.

sporto (Monaghan) - Posts: 139 - 04/09/2017 11:36:44    2042490

Link

Is there a draw for the semi-finals or if Ballybay defeat Truagh do they have to play Scotstown after having already played Magheracloone?
I assume if Ballybay and Latton win they have to play Scotstown and M'Cloone respectively. Likewise Truagh have already played M'Cloone.
So to answer my own questions I supposed it depends on the results.

Mike Patton (Monaghan) - Posts: 82 - 04/09/2017 12:03:55    2042506

Link

Replying To Mike Patton:  "Is there a draw for the semi-finals or if Ballybay defeat Truagh do they have to play Scotstown after having already played Magheracloone?
I assume if Ballybay and Latton win they have to play Scotstown and M'Cloone respectively. Likewise Truagh have already played M'Cloone.
So to answer my own questions I supposed it depends on the results."
Draw seems to be made on Monaghan Gaa fixture list. Blayney latton at 3.30 and Truagh ballybay at 5.15 this sunday in scotstown. Winners play Maraghcloone or Scotstown on 24th.

Be great to see Tommy Freeman get another one before he packs it in altogether.

muckla (UK) - Posts: 331 - 04/09/2017 13:56:42    2042548

Link

Replying To muckla:  "Draw seems to be made on Monaghan Gaa fixture list. Blayney latton at 3.30 and Truagh ballybay at 5.15 this sunday in scotstown. Winners play Maraghcloone or Scotstown on 24th.

Be great to see Tommy Freeman get another one before he packs it in altogether."
M'Cloone can't play Ballybay or Truagh
Scotstown can't play Latton

Therefore

Scotstown play winner of Ballybay v Truagh
M'Cloone play winner of Latton v Blaney

bigfrankt (Monaghan) - Posts: 123 - 06/09/2017 11:18:23    2043357

Link

Replying To bigfrankt:  "M'Cloone can't play Ballybay or Truagh

Therefore

M'Cloone play winner of Latton v Blaney"
Wrong you can play any team at semi final stage

blueboyu (Monaghan) - Posts: 11 - 06/09/2017 19:08:00    2043572

Link

So Scotstown v Ballybay and Magheracloone v Latton?

Mike Patton (Monaghan) - Posts: 82 - 11/09/2017 11:06:17    2044853

Link

Junior Championship Semi Finals this weekend:

Currin v Eire Óg
Sean McDermotts v Clones

What way do folks see these going?

Currin are very reliant on McCarron, Eire Og tend to play one or two sweepers so if they can limit him I reckon they have a great chance. A fast young team with a couple of useful forwards.

Seans have beaten everything in front of them so far, have they peaked too early like last year? Having watched Clones they seem to have a nice balance to the team, could also see them giving Seans trouble.

sporto (Monaghan) - Posts: 139 - 11/09/2017 16:00:32    2044974

Link

SFC

Semi-finals
24 September

Magheracloone GFC v Latton O'Rahillys
Clones 2:00 PM

Scotstown v Ballybay Pearse Brothers
Clones 4:00 PM

Mike Patton (Monaghan) - Posts: 82 - 11/09/2017 22:25:15    2045092

Link

Eire Og v Currin in an interesting game, McCarron and Smith are the danger men for Currin while Gleeson and Tierney are the men to watch Eire og, both sides have problems in defense with eire og conceding the most scores of all the top six sides in junior. currin have also conceding an average of 17 point in their last league and championship games. legs in around the middle could be where eire og gain an advantage. McMahon and the McArees are fast and fit and Dick will have his work cut out on saturday evening. i predict a high scoring game with a narrow margin win for eire og,

Seans v Clones is more straight forward. seans are unbeaten this year. don't agree with sporto about peaking too soon, they are just better prepared and organised this year, Kearns and McGuirk should win the mid field battle.
mealiff is struggling with a hamstring injury , Clones backs are poor, seans by at least six points.

bigbarneyross (Monaghan) - Posts: 135 - 12/09/2017 10:56:26    2045165

Link

Replying To Mike Patton:  "SFC

Semi-finals
24 September

Magheracloone GFC v Latton O'Rahillys
Clones 2:00 PM

Scotstown v Ballybay Pearse Brothers
Clones 4:00 PM"
Double-Header on eir Sport perhaps?

xxB3B0Stunnahxx (USA) - Posts: 94 - 12/09/2017 11:47:03    2045198

Link

Replying To blueboyu:  "Wrong you can play any team at semi final stage"
Replying To bigfrankt: "M'Cloone can't play Ballybay or Truagh

Therefore

M'Cloone play winner of Latton v Blaney"
Wrong you can play any team at semi final stage
blueboyu (Monaghan) - Posts:9 - 06/09/2017 19:08:00

I wasn't wrong. Scotstown couldn't have played and M'Cloone couldn't play Ballybay.
Hence the reason there was no draw.
Maybe think before coming out with that crap blueboyu - yeah?

bigfrankt (Monaghan) - Posts: 123 - 12/09/2017 13:47:36    2045249

Link

Was at the junior semi finals last week, poor conditions for both games given the weather.

First match was a lot more entertaining, Currin got off to a good start but gradually Eire Og grew into the game, very tight in the first half. Mc Carron was the difference again for me despite not having a great day. He missed a penalty and a straight forward free in the first half. Second half he got his goal and one point in particular off his right foot was fantastic as he was on the wrong side and had a narrow angle. Eire Og will feel like they left it behind a bit though, they got ahead in the second half but lost their way completely near the end even with Clerkin sent off. It's a young team though so will probably have another semi final in the league. .

Second game was one way traffic, Seans outclassed Clones. They completely took over at midfield and never looked in any real difficulty. Clones county men were quiet, Seans whole team played well. Can't see them loosing the final either, they look well organised and have plenty of scorers and look like a team who would do well in intermediate if they can seal promotion. They also have a pretty special record going of winning every single game in league & championship!

sporto (Monaghan) - Posts: 139 - 20/09/2017 12:00:06    2048500

Link

think ur wrong saying seans wont b beat in final lost two last year up Currin !

legend12 (Monaghan) - Posts: 2 - 20/09/2017 14:57:38    2048589

Link

This weekends championship semi finals scotown, Latton carrick and aughnamullen I feel will all come through

Cuppa (Monaghan) - Posts: 159 - 21/09/2017 19:52:25    2049139

Link

Replying To Cuppa:  "This weekends championship semi finals scotown, Latton carrick and aughnamullen I feel will all come through"
Hmm, gonna go for Scotstown cause duh! Maherclone cause I love the upset, Carrickmacross cause they're looking unstoppable and 50-50 cause Toome have been exceptional so far but can't bring myself to pick against Aughmullen at this stage!

Iamlegion666 (Monaghan) - Posts: 285 - 21/09/2017 21:10:28    2049167

Link

If rumours are true Annamullen has a lot of injury worries. Lost 2 against doohamlet last week and Clerkin the week before against Blackhill so that should put Toome slight favourites. Carrick should pull through against Tyholland but I think it won't be without a scare.

stvictor (Monaghan) - Posts: 61 - 22/09/2017 10:42:08    2049269

Link

Replying To Cuppa:  "This weekends championship semi finals scotown, Latton carrick and aughnamullen I feel will all come through"
I'd say Scotstown by 4 or 5, although I'd love to see Ballybay get to a final.
Latton
Carrick look like they'd beat a lot of senior teams at the minute so I'll go with them
And Toome to beat Aughnamullen. Two of the best young forwards going at, James Wilson vs Bannigan. Wilson the best prospect I've seen in a long, long time.

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 95 - 22/09/2017 16:41:29    2049393

Link

Some statement from Carrick tonight, could be a long 60 minutes for Aughmullen.

Iamlegion666 (Monaghan) - Posts: 285 - 23/09/2017 20:50:25    2049726

Link