Kildare Forum

Dublin v Kildare Leinster semi final 2013?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

@waynol. Cheers for that. Ahh the kildare lads are alright for the most part :)
Hope you don't mind me saying this again waynol, but i would love to see a meath v kildare final, i really do think it would mean so much more to either county. Facts are neither kildare or meath have any chance of winning sam, but both have a outside chance of beating dub on a one off, whereas even if Dublin lost to either they would still win AI IMO.
But your right, lets be honest all of dub, kildare, meath, laois, have been looking to semis since draw, but bet your bottom dollar if any are complacent they will not reach it.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 17152 - 26/05/2013 09:07:44    1391293

Link

Concentrate on Offaly.

Kildare30 (Kildare) - Posts: 601 - 27/05/2013 10:54:43    1392230

Link

Louth stuffing laois yesterday has made things a bit more interesting on that side of the draw. It should help us to remember that offaly is our top priority and we should worry about the next game when we get there

cilldaraman (Kildare) - Posts: 203 - 27/05/2013 13:49:14    1392479

Link

Well as expected this is the pairing. Kildare made hard work of offaly, while Dublin brushed aside wmeath with ease.
IMO this is probably best thing going into this game, bit like us last year after ye beat offaly with ease and we drew with carlow, Dublin will be complacent.
So come on the Lillie (and know im going to wash my mouth out after saying that) :-)
seriously though dub must not win leinster this year if the comp is to continue. Normal service can be resumed between myself and yourselves if we reach the final but until then we must focus on the common enemy :)

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 17152 - 02/06/2013 08:08:49    1396764

Link

Theres a huge gap in class between us and the top teams. We are wide open at the back and Dublin will run straight down the middle at us. We will be very lucky to be within 10 points of them. To be honest I can't see anybody beating Dublin this year, they really look superb

Daith (Kildare) - Posts: 1140 - 02/06/2013 10:52:30    1396807

Link

No matter what way I look at this game & try to convince myself that we will win I can't see it happening. IMO three of the best six performers yesterday were U21's (Dan Flynn, N Kelly, P Cribbin, E O Flaherty, Callaghan, Doyle). I think its too much too soon to be expecting these U21's as good as they are to be dragging us over the line against the Dubs in what will be there first taste of them in Senior Championship in Croker.

carburycastle (Kildare) - Posts: 203 - 02/06/2013 11:08:40    1396818

Link

Gap has widened significantly and we have likely missed our chance to beat them a few years ago, they will get a lot of scores and we will do well to finish within 5 of them.

switec (Kildare) - Posts: 525 - 02/06/2013 11:21:55    1396830

Link

Hope you don't mind me saying this again waynol, but i would love to see a meath v kildare final

_______

And there was me saying you are a good contributor ?

I take it all back :)

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13598 - 02/06/2013 13:34:49    1396961

Link

Dublin will be complacent.

______

They wont RD. We will be ready and raring to go.

Dublin have better players, Better options, They should win this game.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13598 - 02/06/2013 13:36:31    1396963

Link

After yesterday's brilliant Dublin performance there is no denying the serious task ahead of us. Westmeath though were very poor and I couldn't understand how anyone gave them a genuine chance beforehand of springing a shock.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2975 - 02/06/2013 14:21:40    1396992

Link

The difference yesterday was so stark between Kildare and Dublin - there is big competition within each of the two panels but when Dublin made their changes the subs upped the overall Dublin performance whereas the Kildare changes made minimal impact and in fact went we from an 8 point lead to only win by 4. A year on from the Seanie Johnston debacle and I wonder what all the fuss was about - between wides and dropping the ball short he has contributed very little to Kildare.

jimski (Kildare) - Posts: 355 - 02/06/2013 14:33:59    1397008

Link

The difference yesterday was so stark between Kildare and Dublin - there is big competition within each of the two panels but when Dublin made their changes the subs upped the overall Dublin performance whereas the Kildare changes made minimal impact and in fact went we from an 8 point lead to only win by 4. A year on from the Seanie Johnston debacle and I wonder what all the fuss was about - between wides and dropping the ball short he has contributed very little to Kildare.

_____

Think you're being a bit harsh. Seanie Johnston is a classy baller.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13598 - 02/06/2013 15:33:04    1397064

Link

any changes you guys would make from yesterdays team ? Perhaps a recall for Alan Smith ?

Murlo111 (Dublin) - Posts: 192 - 02/06/2013 15:58:13    1397102

Link

I can't wait for the match with you lads on the 30th already , should be a great day and a great game between two of the best teams in the country , I expect you will line out as follows
1 Connolly
2 McGrillan on Mannion
3 Peter Kelly on Andrews
4 Lyons on Brogan
5 Callaghan on Kilkenny
6 Foley on Connolly
7 Bolton on Flynn
8 Daryl Flynn
9 Dan Flynn
10 Cribben
11 Kelly
12 O'Flaherty
13 Doyle
14 O'Connor
15 Smith
I'll tell you either Niall Kelly will run rings around Ger brennan or will be battered around the place and taken off after 15 mins

Murlo111 (Dublin) - Posts: 192 - 02/06/2013 16:48:48    1397140

Link

Lighten up lads. Of course Dublin are favourites but we'll be lucky to get within 10 points ? That's shocking pessimism.
Dublin beat us by 13 in the league & we didn't compete in midfield at all. (I don't know what the final stat was but at one stage the tv coverage confirmed we had won 9 out of 41 kickouts. An incredible stat. No team can compete getting beaten that badly at midfield)
Daryl Flynn makes such a difference, fantastic first half yesterday. Faded after half-time but that was only to be expected after that long out. I expect him to improve again the next day. With Daniel beside him, that gives us a chance of breaking even at midfield. Leper played well & you'd expect him to improve too.
The half-forward line were fantastic, 0-4 each; 0-12 from play for a half-forward line is exceptional scoring. (If Kelly & particularly Cribben had kicked like that in the u-21 semi we'd have beaten Galway easily !!)

I'm not ignoring the negatives. Foley is struggling by his standards (though to be fair he was marking McNamee who is a class act) & centre-back seems to be a problem no matter who we play there. Donnellan's distribution was shocking too; he seemed determined to make a mockery of his distribution being the main reason he was picked ahead of Connolly.

Dublin are huge favourites cos they're playing great stuff, no doubt about that. (Paul Flynn is just fantastic & for me the key man to stop. The amount of possession he wins & the quality of the ball he puts into the inside forwards is top class) But let's not ignore the positives on our side. Something wasn't quite right last year but we look to me a better side now. Of course it's unlikely we'll win but let's not give up yet. I think it'll be a hell of a lot tighter than in the league & if we get to the last 15 still in touch anything can happen.

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 592 - 02/06/2013 17:49:35    1397171

Link

Dublin SHOULD win, but its sport, and we all know that upsets can and often do happen.

For us to win, we will have to perform at level way above anything we have produced before. Have this team got that in them??? we will fond out in 4 weeks time.

But Dublin are not the world beaters that many in the media would have us believe. Tyrone could have beaten them in the league final remember!

They are impressive granted...but unbeatable no!

Geezer knows his stuff, and I genuinely give us a chance to win this.4 weeks is a long time in sport, and faults will be addressed and hopefully sorted out.

I believe there is a massive kick coming from this Kildare team, I just hope and pray it happens against the Dubs.

cilldara abu!

lily75 (Kildare) - Posts: 130 - 02/06/2013 17:58:27    1397178

Link

royaldunne
County: Meath

Well as expected this is the pairing. Kildare made hard work of offaly, while Dublin brushed aside wmeath with ease.
IMO this is probably best thing going into this game, bit like us last year after ye beat offaly with ease and we drew with carlow, Dublin will be complacent.
So come on the Lillie (and know im going to wash my mouth out after saying that) :-)
seriously though dub must not win leinster this year if the comp is to continue. Normal service can be resumed between myself and yourselves if we reach the final but until then we must focus on the common enemy :)

Dublin will complacent? Jesus rd some of the stuff you come out with is as good as anything on the comedy channel.

bluedubstar (Dublin) - Posts: 835 - 02/06/2013 20:33:08    1397298

Link

Dubs can be expected to hit 18+ scores over the 70 mins, hard to see us staying with them-we'll give them a game and make it hard for them, their forwards are simply more likely to take their chances than ours as they are a better set of forwards. If we start well we can make it interesting but if the dubs open up a 3 point lead early doors, we'll likely be chasing the game the whole 70 mins. Johnny will need to be on fire but the dubs will be ready for him.

switec (Kildare) - Posts: 525 - 03/06/2013 08:52:52    1397404

Link

Waynol. And bluedib. Its natural that any team in form of Dublin can get complacent, show me one dub saying kildare will win? There isn't. Dublin are miles ahead of e everyone in province, thats the only hope kildare have, they do not have the forwards of the dubs. If kildare were to win it will be cause Dublin either didn't take them serious or they just didn't turn up.
No matter what anyone says complacency can come into a game like this and bluedib you cant see this then your the one having a laugh.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 17152 - 03/06/2013 12:08:24    1397497

Link

Waynol. And bluedib. Its natural that any team in form of Dublin can get complacent, show me one dub saying kildare will win? There isn't. Dublin are miles ahead of e everyone in province, thats the only hope kildare have, they do not have the forwards of the dubs. If kildare were to win it will be cause Dublin either didn't take them serious or they just didn't turn up.
No matter what anyone says complacency can come into a game like this and bluedib you cant see this then your the one having a laugh.

Look RD, With respect I would have a decent knowledge of Dublin, How they train, How they prepare, And i'm telling you this Dublin teams mentality compared to the teams under Pillar Caffrey are a lot stronger. This Dublin team wont go into the Kildare game thinking its a forgone conclusion, They wont be looking towards any final. They will go into this game after working for 4 weeks on their strengths and Kildares weaknesses, This will be the third time weve met this year. We know each other very well at this stage the sides are very familiar with each other. So the lads wont be getting carried away.

Now just cause the players wont doesn't mean the fans wont. I am certain Dublin will have too much for Kildare, Dublin have been incredibly fragile defensively and I would worry if Kildares forwards gelled well and hit some great scores, But if they don't Dublin will wrap this up as quick and as easy as they wrapped up Westmeath. This Dublin team is like a machine, If they get a run on ye they will beat ye.

I don't think they will be stopped in Leinster. I just don't think their is anyone strong enough to stop Dublin and that includes Kildare and Meath, Outside of Leinster I think Cork, Kerry, Donegal and Mayo could beat them, Aside from one of those 4 teams, I don't think we will be beaten this year.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13598 - 03/06/2013 12:53:24    1397548

Link