Down Forum

Div 3 senior football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Dundeal - are you always so serious all the time? Liven up man. It is all a bit of craic.

anduna (Down) - Posts: 210 - 16/09/2013 18:43:48    1483196

Link

Gaacct, Teconnaught are well within their rights not to change any game for soccer as it also enables them to gain an advantage. Teconnaught have also got soccer players and always have done over the years. Their current management team also played soccer!!
Soccer was a sport that was always played on a Saturday and Adult GAA on Sundays but over the past number of years this has gone to Friday nights and Monday nights however it now seems to be any night of the week.
Clubs, especially small clubs are finding it increasingly difficult to field teams with players having to move abroad to find work, so why are Down CB now going in direct competition with soccer by putting some of the most important games of the season on a Saturday. Are they trying to run the smaller clubs with dual players out of the GAA and only support GAA only communities.
We all watch, support and enjoy watching soccer on TV. CB get a grip of reality!!

respectfairplay (Down) - Posts: 23 - 16/09/2013 21:14:27    1483309

Link

dont go all in on black just yet!

knowtherules94 (Down) - Posts: 24 - 16/09/2013 21:39:21    1483327

Link

JFC Semi finals

Teconnaught v Aghaderg

St Pauls v Dromara

I reckon Aghaderg v Dromara final - interesting farrells going head to head

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 17/09/2013 09:28:24    1483371

Link

That would be the last 2 years' beaten finalists would it?

AnBhreadachAbu (Down) - Posts: 2 - 17/09/2013 14:40:21    1483667

Link

Anybody know when these matches will be played??

Down18 (Down) - Posts: 12 - 17/09/2013 14:54:04    1483686

Link

weekend of the 27th september

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 17/09/2013 15:43:47    1483687

Link

JFC semi final draw certainly isn't what Teconnaught or Aghaderg would have wanted, but St Paul's and Dromara will be happy.
Aghaderg should prevail. They appear to have a better all round team and they attack and defend well as a unit. Teconnaught appear to depend too much on a couple of players to set up and take their scores. Their current management team have certainly helped to rejuvenate them but they will need all their managerial skills to get them through this. I think they are just too in-experienced and are maybe a year too early. Aghaderg should have learnt from last years final defeat.
Dromara although having a higher league position will find it tough if St Paul's have a full strength side out. Dromara's league position probably flatters them a bit as they still have to play Mitchels, Drumaness and Aghaderg. They struggled in their last group game against Ardglass who only had a panel of 15 players and got a man sent off in the first half. St Paul's are a young side with a lot of potential and with the Grimmley brothers have potential match winners. St Paul's to edge this.
Aghaderg and St Paul's final.

respectfairplay (Down) - Posts: 23 - 17/09/2013 16:46:30    1483753

Link

Respectfairplay I would have to agree with you that the JFC semi final draw certainly isn't what Teconnaught or Aghaderg would have wanted, but St Paul's and Dromara will be happy.

I think both games will be hard to call. Although Aghaderg have won the league comfortably, Teconnaught are continuously improving.

Also with the other game, I don't agree that the league postion flatters Dromara, who in fact have only been beaten by a kick of the ball in all games they have lost with the exception of the first game against Mitchels, including all first round games against Teconnaught, Aghaderg and Drumaness. They have also beaten St.Pauls by a goal and four in the first league game and by a goal in the second league game. Dromara though have had a very poor Championship so far compared to the league with the exception of the Ballkinlar game which was one sided. Meanwhile St.Pauls have had a very good Championship beating Drumaness and Bright convincingly.

Both Semi's are definately going to come down to wire, and will depend on the team which is most hungary on the day. Anyone expect any drawn games!!!

Upyourgame (Down) - Posts: 15 - 18/09/2013 10:41:40    1484189

Link

I don't think anyone should get too far ahead of themselves predicting semi final outcomes. Are we sure Drumaness aren't off to Croke Park yet?

If the games happen as drawn I'd expect Aghaderg and Dromara to win comfortably. Aghaderg are by some margin the best team in the division while St Pauls haven't beaten anyone in the top half of League.

CONFUSEDUS (Down) - Posts: 19 - 18/09/2013 11:11:35    1484213

Link

Heard CB aren't taking it any further which means no croke park and I would imagine the draw would not have been made if there was a further appeal

Down18 (Down) - Posts: 12 - 18/09/2013 11:54:42    1484260

Link

Drumaness are definitely out of the JFC. Its tough on them. think with the benefit of hindsight they should have tried to progress on the field rather than by the rule book.

Aghdaderg and Dromara to meet in final

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 18/09/2013 12:02:12    1484266

Link

I have to be serious now (for Dundeal's sake at least). I honestly believe that St. Pauls will beat Dromara. Drumaness from all reports took St. Pauls too lightly in the group stages and they paid the penalty - heavily as we all know now. However this shows what St. Pauls are capable of. If they get their best team out they are no mugs - next weekend might be the last chance they have to do that due to university commitments etc. As a previous poster said Grimley is a pretty good player and if on song he'll outfield anyone from any of the other three teams - i am pretty sure of that. Once in possession he is pretty hard to dislodge off the ball and if St. Pauls have go forward ball they will win - mark my words. Dromara's defence is not their strongest sector of the field. They had Aghaderg on the ropes in the group stages but just could not hold out in the second half.
The other match is too tight to call and is a 50/50 game. Aghaderg or Tecconaught - it will come right down to the wire and a draw is a feasible outcome.

Drumaness in hindsight should have been a bit more flexible and played Bright. This year they are so much better than Bright and no doubt they would have won but the points margin needed would have been close - that's where the problem rose and the rule book was played but equally the rule book was played by Dromara.
What i do know is that our beloved game has suffered big time from the whole affair.

Good luck to all 4 teams and i hope we have 3 (2 semis and a final) bloody good games played on the field and not in the rule book.

anduna (Down) - Posts: 210 - 18/09/2013 13:31:27    1484341

Link

anduna

you keep mentioning st pauls and university commitments a lot

many if not all senior teams have students playing for them so that's not a valid ready reckoner for predicting results.

st pauls have a weak belly, they are decent going forward but do not have a strong defence as drumaness showed last week

I reckon dromara are more than a match for them and the kellys will get the better of the grimleys because they are more experienced and are physically stronger. height is no advantage when the ball is broke.....

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 18/09/2013 15:16:29    1484461

Link

Them Kelly's are great men...

the_wanderer (Down) - Posts: 12 - 18/09/2013 15:38:50    1484485

Link

the_wanderer has returned.lol Its been almost 2 wks

Upyourgame (Down) - Posts: 15 - 18/09/2013 15:54:05    1484504

Link

EIREANNACH
County: Down

1484461 anduna

you keep mentioning st pauls and university commitments a lot

many if not all senior teams have students playing for them so that's not a valid ready reckoner for predicting results.

st pauls have a weak belly, they are decent going forward but do not have a strong defence as drumaness showed last week

I reckon dromara are more than a match for them and the kellys will get the better of the grimleys because they are more experienced and are physically stronger. height is no advantage when the ball is broke.....
18/09/2013 15:38:50

In deed EIREANNACH Dromara have gotten the better of St Pauls already this year on a couple of occasions so probably go into the game with a wee edge. However I wouldn't read too much into the St Pauls performance on Sunday past v Drumaness, sure Drumaness where the only side with anything to play for.
St Pauls are buzzing this year as a Club with a couple of the underage sides performing well to win their grades so the young senior side might just arrive to face Dromara with a bit of fire in their bellies. Don't think there'll be too much in it come Sunday week

downredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 556 - 18/09/2013 16:16:04    1484523

Link

to be honest i really think everyone is overlooking teconnaught in this championship. there championship form has been fine, and they have shown they have a lot of ability when it comes to scoring. Not to forget the tall boy who does all the scoring, Carville I think it is, was missing for the both games against Aghaderg in the league. Both fixtures will be interesting and very competitive.

honestpunter (Down) - Posts: 3 - 18/09/2013 16:43:03    1484547

Link

is this road trip over yet.so far has everything been based around dromara and there use of there is it 2 appeals. in any "fair" system surely drumaness can appeal. will they do to croke park and expose the cb and some of its members and there inadequate behaviour in this whole process???

knowtherules94 (Down) - Posts: 24 - 18/09/2013 18:54:23    1484670

Link

knowtherules94
is this road trip over yet.so far has everything been based around dromara and there use of there is it 2 appeals. in any "fair" system surely drumaness can appeal. will they do to croke park and expose the cb and some of its members and there inadequate behaviour in this whole process???

Done and dusted I hear. County Board snookered by the 5-0 rule, Drumaness behind the same 8 ball. Competition rules to be amended for 2014.

CONFUSEDUS (Down) - Posts: 19 - 19/09/2013 10:39:33    1484884

Link