Clare Forum

Could have been a lot worse than Offaly.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

What do people think of the draw? I think its a fairly good draw for us,could of been a lot worse but still a difficult game. We could snatch it maybe?
Whats the opinion?

banner_roar (Clare) - Posts: 88 - 13/06/2010 21:49:30    676121

Link

In my view despite inter-club success the Clare team has being third worst team consistently in Ireland in the championship
over at least the last decade and I am sure most clare people with a bit of common sense would agree with my opinion.
Managers have come and gone players have come and gone and to no avail, the results have being the same.
In my view forget Munster Club success as the standard has dropped in my view, this in my view turn has lulled
one into false expectations of the County doing well in the championship which of course has not happened.
In my view in fact when Clare clubs were not competing in Munster,Clare had a better county team, how strange
but true. Expect Offaly who in my view are poor to still beat Clare well especially if its in Tullamore!
If Clare couldnt beat Waterford twice in league or championship how can they be expected to even compete with Offaly??
An easy game for Offaly. Offaly by 5 or 6 at least. There should be no backdoor for div 4 teams as only the odd one
goes on to make the headlines and Clare are not one of them! They dont even discuss Clares game in the Sunday Game anymore
and could you blame them!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 14/06/2010 10:59:11    676376

Link

Steel you depress me lad.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 14/06/2010 12:01:56    676484

Link

Irish Rover you depress me too, as all my opinions are facts that depress you. In my view you know deep down that Clare
are doomed before the ball is thrown in and yet you wont say it! I wont rant on because its pointless in my view stating the obvious
to fans like you that are turning a blind eye to facts season after season as well as the county team in my view. Look put simple in my view,
Clare will be hurling contenders again for Liam Mc Carthy and yet Clare footballers will still in my view be poor, and
putting a spin on it that they are young etc and in transition, the same old same old excuses in my view!
I suppose if Mc Dermott leaves Clare another kerryman will come along and take charge of Clare, a joke if ever there was one in my view!
Come to think of it Irish Rover who are you really anyway why come on here suppoting Clare if you are from fermanagh! Wouldnt you
re register as from Clare if in my view you are so defensive and supportive of Clare in football! Why dont you give yourself a better chance by
at least defending the Clare hurling team! I am so sick of being nice to you and yet you are blind to the fact that Clare footballers are certainly
in my view not worth defending! Even most Clare people dont defend their county football team in my view because in my view they are so poor,
yet you from Fermanagh do, how strange! If Fermanagh were playing Clare how much would Fermanagh beat Clare by do you think?
I hope you publish this Administrator as these are my strong views.

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 14/06/2010 12:46:41    676570

Link

Lads ye will hammer Clare I regret to predict. Unless Clare has somthing up their sleeves Waterford I think will
win it easily. We have a very young team and though some of last years winning u21s will be on it, its still a big
step to gain senior success instantly. All our players from the last all ireland of 1997 have now retired so I am afraid
it will be exhibition of hurling the fans will see from Waterford.

Steel - This was a quote from you prior to the Waterford Clare hurling game. Why is it that you are so negetive with everything to do with Clare hurling or football. The least you could do when you make off the mark predictions like above is apologise for your negetivity (and false predictions) afterwards, otherwise people are gping to start ignoring you!!! Clare will never turn a corner in football with fans critising them all the time like you.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2061 - 14/06/2010 14:07:29    676716

Link

Steel, all your opinions are "your opinions" and are not facts as you claim them to be.

If you really feel that Clare football is so poor and not worthy of our support, then please don't post any more comments on football instead of being so negative all the time. Whether you like it or not, football is probably played by more people than hurling is in Clare. The Clare hurling team is supported by both football & hurling people throughout the entire county. Back in the 90s it was the same case when our footballers were going well.

I have been attending both football & hurling matches for years and just because you don't like football doesn't mean that you should come on here and whinge about them.

Our footballers had 6 wins in the league this year, and that in my view is progress. We lost to a Waterford team that we unlucky to lose div 4 final, and who lost last round of championship chiefly because they had one of their best players sent off very early in the game.

We are no different to any other county, and people support winning teams. 10 years ago it was a struggle to get tickets to see Clare/Tipp matches down in Cork for 1st round games. Last Sunday week there was just 11,000 in Thurles and from what I could see we were easily outnumbered by Waterford fans by at least 2/1. That means that we brought probably just shy of 4,000 fans to Thurles for a Munster hurling championship match -and this from one of the stronger hurling counties !!!

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 14/06/2010 14:08:50    676720

Link

Steel why the negativity?
Ok we might not have the best team in the world but with a bit of backing for the team who knows what could happen?

banner_roar (Clare) - Posts: 88 - 14/06/2010 14:49:02    676788

Link

Banner Roar them are my opinions and the ones of most fans with a bit of common sense in my view! If you cant satnd the heat in the kitchen get out
after all you asked for opinions and now doesnt like what you got. Do you honeslty think they have a chance..........!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 14/06/2010 16:07:28    676942

Link

Look Roashter consider yourself lucky I didnt send a long response but I didnt as you wont heed anyway
and in my view hence the reason the team think they are grand when they look around and see a few fans 9 or
10 in the stand and you are probably one of them in the minority in my view. HAD THEY MET LIMERICK OR WATERFORD
IN round one ant two of the football league (its only Div 4) they false momentum would have occurred that did.
Harsh words from me but true I feel. As for my pre comments on the hurlers I take it back Roashter, I feel their attitude
was right (which proves it wasnt in the league and probably cost them against Waterford!) and in a year or two
they will be serious Liam Mc Carthy Cup contenders thats for sure. However one of the midfield positions needs to be
sorted out. I think Brian O'Connell is no longer up to it and maybe should be dropped, definitely not deserving of the Captain
as he showed no leadership and was absent for most of the league aswell. In fairness the 7 or 8 new very young players excelled
as did the goalie. However a few more positions have to be looked at before the team is a polished one. May yet
pose a handful in the championship now that they have got one senior game of championship experience behind them.
Only for mistakes and a bit of inexperience would have beaten Waterford.
However I can never see myself chamging view for the footballers any time soon!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 14/06/2010 16:15:34    676960

Link

Steel i am from Clare born and bread.....i registerd for this ages ago when i lived and worked in Fermanagh and just put Fermanagh down.....and cant really be bothered to change .....any clown can see i am a Clareman from my posts.....you sir are the worst kind of person to own a computer....while i do admit you often display knowledge of Clare GAA......your posts are so awful and how in the name of god you can question my credentails as a Clare supporter and man is beyond me....you make a mockery of Clare and Clare people with your posts.....on here and on the Limerick page.....you particularly seem to have a problem with them................IN MY VIEW.......IT IS MY VIEW you are way over the top!!!!!!......i am a proud Clare man and this is a Hoganstand forum....i dont need to have Clare written uderneth IrishRover.....you can tell i am a Clare man.....IN MY VIEW you shouldnt be the way you are but we cant change that.....you own a computer...try being proud of your County....ignoramous.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 14/06/2010 19:28:04    677314

Link

I think we are all sick of your IN MY VIEW nonsense......................total Rubbish.....you have nothing good to say about Clare GAA at all!!!!! its a joke the way you come on here.....attack, attack and attack your fellow Claremen....A Clown Sir....you are now praising the Hurlers but yet two weeks ago they were awful...make that mind of yours up.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 14/06/2010 19:32:55    677323

Link

I am fed of Steel myself, especially the way he goes in the Limerick page

clarefootball92 (UK) - Posts: 76 - 15/06/2010 09:00:04    677620

Link

Steel I never once said I didnt like your opinions all I asked was why the negativity. so I think you should read a post before you comment

banner_roar (Clare) - Posts: 88 - 16/06/2010 17:15:19    679359

Link

Banner_roar, you are clutching onto straws. You as much as did say you didnt like my opinions when you reacted to my forum
comments by asking why the negativity? That to me is questioning at the very least my opinion which to me in language
sounds like you dont like my opinions! Cant you even agree to disagree that you dont like my opinions at the very least,
as I know for sure you are such an optimist I believe where Clare Football is concerned that I believe you believe everything
that comes out of the footballers mouths as gospel I would be thinking! However that wont improve Clare.
Offaly will beat Clare and even if they didnt where are Clare going the Munster title is the best shot always for a shock,
they are hardly goint to win the All Ireland so its only a joke the backdoor in football for Div4 teams! If they cant get
out of Div 4 where are they going dreaming of winning an all ireland via the backdoor when they cant win Munster!
There should be a Backdoor Munster Championship for beaten teams maybe! What a joke that would be but at least
there maybe a reward at the end of it rather than playing in the all ireland championship with no silverware to be gained
after failing in the provincial championship previously! Do ye get my ideas?
Come to think of it the Feile na Gael for hurling and Camogie is on this weekend in Clare which is great I ahve to say.
However did Clare ever ever host or look to host the Feile Peil Football competition, even back in 1992 or in them years?
I dont think so! Doest that tell its own story!We are useless in Football and always will be.

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 17/06/2010 11:35:50    679846

Link

While I do agree with Steel that football is not great in Clare I am forever the optimist when it comes to my county and hope the days of the early 90's will be back someday. It gives me great pride also to tell Steel that instead of yapping and yapping negativity you would do better to concentrate more on getting your facts right. Clare held the Football Feile in 1999. I should know, I played in it.

http://www.feilechilldara2009.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=49

You will also note that traditional powerhouse Kerry have only held the competition twice and that Dublin has only held it once in 2000. Do your research Steel!

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2061 - 17/06/2010 12:46:45    679981

Link

Steel I was asking a question to ye why the negativity thats all lad. not putting your comments down or anything. While I agree with you that our footballers are not in the best of shape at the moment even you have to agree there has been some major improvments espically our league campaign although we fell at the last hurdle. I just feel that with a lot of luck and a good performance we could scrap a win against Offaly. There not excatly world beaters so we have a chance.
when it comes to my county I will always have faith that they can get a result and win because I love my Clare and will never ever bad mouth them I will stick with them all the way through and hope a minor miracle will happen and we win the game. UP THE BANNER!!!

banner_roar (Clare) - Posts: 88 - 17/06/2010 16:27:23    680282

Link

steel
County: Clare

"However I believe we are all in Munster in another way happy with whats going on Limerick as it gives counties like Clare with a very young team even a better
chance in the years to come (if not in the qualifiers even this year)"

Congratulations "steel",I think the line above just shows what a small minded and vindective mind you have.The quistion I want to know are you representive of the thinking of ALL the good people in clare.Those comments above can do nothing but cause trouble among neighbouring counties.When I and all the posters on this site are talking with Clare people at matches we will have your comments in the back of our minds and wonder if we are talking to "steel".I dont believe you are a real follower of our national game,to wish what is going on in Limerick to continue further driving a nail into the game which we love "hurling"
Furthermore I dont believe that Clare people who are involved(YOU ARE NOT)in pormoting the game need Limerick in trouble for them drive on in the next few years.
Last but not least there is an old saying "empty cans make most noise"

an puc (Limerick) - Posts: 136 - 23/06/2010 12:04:58    684700

Link

Steel for the LOVE OF GOD.......would you stay off the Limerick page!!!!!! You are a disgrace to the people of Clare with your views and you are only making people jump to snap judgements that all Clare people share your awful beliefs.........fair play you do know a hell of alot about Clare GAA and fair play.....but with you its always down, down and down..............you are never really supportive of Clare in either Hurling or Football.....at the end of the day a Clareman supports Clare.....in Football and Hurling......its like a marriage......for better or worse your either a Clare supporter or you not, you cant pick and choose!!!!!!

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 23/06/2010 12:53:55    684789

Link

Anyone know what the clare team will be sunday?will the kilmurray players make themselves for clare after mcdermott leaving kilmurray?surely the likes of Stephen Monaghan from Wolfe Tones and Eoin Glynn from Eire Og should be called up

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 24/06/2010 16:51:00    686245

Link

Banner unchanged

Clare football manager Michael McDermott
25 June 2010

The Clare team to face Offaly in tomorrow's All-Ireland football qualifier at O'Connor Park is unchanged from that which lost to Waterford in the Munster championship.

Manager Micheal McDermott has decided to stick with the same starting XV, despite their loss in Dungarvan. John Hayes has recovered from injury to take his place on the subs' bench.

Clare (SF v Offaly): J Hayes; M Tubridy, B Duggan, B Carrig; M McMahon, G Kelly (captain), D Callinan; G Quinlan, G Brennan; M O'Shea, P O'Dwyer, A Clohessy; D Tubridy, D Russell, D Daly.

no Darren Hickey,Shane Hickey,Enda Coughlan

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 25/06/2010 11:18:05    686746

Link