Sean Collins
David Russell
Stephan Moloney
Noel Downes
Timmy Ryan
David Tubridy

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 21/11/2009 09:48:16    490098

Link

I wouldnt have conor whelan on it always gets sent off and overrated!
The same with Niall Considine no discipline and failed before!
Garry Brennan only average and from a poor intermediate club!

Michael Mc Dermott would want to look for better than them 3!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 23/11/2009 10:58:00    491512

Link

I think its time Donal O'Sullivan from Kilrush gets a recall. The man has been a stalwart for the Shams for the past 15 years. In the 2000 Munster SFC Final, Clare vs Kerry, O'Sullivan was our no.8 that day. He was up against Darragh O Se and he held his own! He is strong, athletic and has big game experience. Michael McDermott get on ur phone and ring Sully!

KilrushShamrock (Clare) - Posts: 75 - 25/11/2009 20:45:17    494141

Link

As for the Munster Final Kilrush Shamrock all I recall is Clare getting a terrible hiding from Kerry! Donal O'Sullivan was destroyed that day in my view. I am not a kilmurray ibrickane supporter but while kilrush have almost now gone a quarter of a century without a senior county title kilmurray in the meantime are going for a second munster title and only for hardluck last year would be going for Munster title 3 now! Kilmurray Ibrickane is small parish yet kilrush town with its poulation and capital of west clare during that period has won nothing. Have ye any good youth playing good football

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 26/11/2009 10:56:26    494596

Link

haha i have looked at 3 pages in the clare forum and all ive seen is 'steel' giving 'KilrushShamrock' a hard time. the gey is making sense steel and is also adding a bit of controversy to your forum!!! we look forward to playing u in division 4 next spring

LovelyCounty (Leitrim) - Posts: 69 - 27/11/2009 00:50:26    495750

Link

What i cant understand is where did big john hayes disappear to, how are clare ment to progress if one of the most talanted young footballers in the country isn't part of the plans for the coming year

peanut1 (Cavan) - Posts: 10 - 27/11/2009 11:40:35    495917

Link

John Hayes from Kilrush was badly injured a while back playing rugby in Galway. He missed around 10months and as far as i know he is back playing with Kilrush and should be back in the senior panel this year.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 27/11/2009 18:58:29    496368

Link

whats the clare u21 football team looking like for next year?

sean.west (Galway) - Posts: 10 - 01/12/2009 16:54:53    499611

Link

STEEL HERE
Well I wouldnt say the Clare U21 football team will be any better than other years and thats nothing to shout about!
Put it this way they wont win an all ireland u21 title like the clare hurlers thats for sure!
Now if the put the u21 hurlers on the football team they might do good!
When you have people managing county teams like the u21 football team over the last few years,that never themselves played senior club
football never mind senior intercounty football, how would a county team win anything? It just doesnt make sense.
These type of managers are great talkers but with no football experience, thats about it.
TO ANSWER THE QUESTION the team will be no better than any other year!
They might fluke a win against a cork or kerry team but will also loose the u21 title thereafter to the cork or kerry team!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 02/12/2009 10:31:41    500363

Link

surely there will be some talent from the two clubs that reached munster finals this year?

sean.west (Galway) - Posts: 10 - 02/12/2009 16:34:48    500775

Link

There should be talent I agree from the two clare clubs that reached the Munster club finals namely Cratloe in the intermediate and Kilmurray Ibrickane in the senior final. I agree there should be talent, Cratloe have great talent but will their players known more as natural hurlers quit the county football scene to concentrate in hurling? I hope they dont and going by the way they are able to play football and hurling with successful results for the club they hopefully may not. Cratloe an east clare club amazingly have hurlers that are more natural footballers than the footballers from the so called home of football in west clare! That gives a good or poor indication of the state of football in Clare you can read it two ways! However no disrespect to Cratloe they are fantastic hurlers who are good natural footballers also and very very skilful particularly the intercounty cratloe lads. Now as regards Kilmurray Ibrickane yes they are a fantastic team they should be going for munster title number 3 this year not title 2! as they left it behind them last year when they beat themselves by playing rarely poor in the munster final against dromcollogher who they hammered this year playing their own good usual football. Considering that Doonbeg won the first munster club football title in 1998 for Clare and now Kilmurray is going for number 2 but should be going for 3 and 2 in a row munster clubs gives an indication of how good Clare Senior Club football has become in Munster. Its at an all time high! Remember in 1992 when Clare won the Munster Championship against kerry no clare club had a munster title so how come and why not can Clare not win a Munster title in the next few years and even more especially with the now kilmurray manager now manager of Clare? Thatt said above brings me to the last bit, yes kilmurray are a good team and I am supporting them all the way as a clare neutral but they must now play for Clare unlike previous years! Their attitude annoys me and many other Clare Supporters who have let the county tem down! Yet in the interest of Clare Club football and Clare we are all behind them on Sunday and hopefully they will now play for Clare too with their own manager over Clare!!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 03/12/2009 10:25:17    501698

Link