Carlow Forum

Limerick v Carlow - liathroid beag

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I'd agree with them changes too. The goal keeping is the big problem, and if we lose The current no 1, we have absolutely no backup. The sub goalie is not an option! The management really needs to approach frank foley again, eddie Byrne suffered a bad foot injury so won't be back for a while! Denis Murphy is living in Scotland , 2 huge losses

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 258 - 25/03/2013 14:13:19    1355921

Link

"The sub goalie is not an option" complete rubbish. One of the best chaps around in that position.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 25/03/2013 14:27:29    1355942

Link

A goalie who hasn't even played senior chship for his club old yellar

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 258 - 25/03/2013 15:14:04    1356009

Link

And?? we ve some subs who werent certain starters on their clubs senior teams either. But i think they re county material. Good young lads, willing to learn. The management see that in them and i think they are right. Brian is a fantastic goalie, a great chap to train and always willing to learn. V quick on/off the line and good in the air. I d have him in the goal any day.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2624 - 25/03/2013 16:15:06    1356074

Link

Heard todat that Denis murphy will be back in this country permanently in may, hope thats true as he would be huge addition to forwards.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 25/03/2013 16:19:57    1356079

Link

Pennypincher-just out of interest would you name the team you would pick for the starting 15?going by the panel we have , no point wondering about injured lads/lads that are not in the country etc

Naomheoin90 (Carlow) - Posts: 24 - 25/03/2013 21:13:29    1356313

Link

You cannot give a lead like the one we gave away to Antrim in the first half yesterday and expect to win a match - you are playing catch up for the whole game. We are still very reliant on Marty Kavanagh and our frees to get a result. Perhaps yesterdays result may not have been too bad a thing - it looks like we will play Antrim in relegation battle and we will hardly come out and play that poorly in a half again. Its going to take a huge effort to stay up. Having a good freetaker is a great bonus but at this level in hurling you need all forwards to be scoring regularly.
Pennypincher - it would be great to see Denis back. Dont know what way his fitness would be but it would be a big plus to have him back on panel.

dual supporter (Carlow) - Posts: 772 - 25/03/2013 21:27:14    1356327

Link

lads it was a disapointing performance on sunday for sure, but maybe it was what we needed.
We're not up there with the limericks and offaly's and wexford's yet, but we are getting closer. I fear the loss on sunday could relegate us as antrim are always capable of catching some of the big boys in casement and offaly go there next. We won't beat offaly in a play off but I think we could beat antrim.
Here hoping for another good display on sunday and hopefully offaly do us a favour.
Good luck to the minors on sunday too.

safehands (Carlow) - Posts: 24 - 26/03/2013 12:04:43    1356527

Link

Naomheoin90, I have already stated the changes I would make, maybe we cant make them for next Sunday but we need to for the champ. Denis Murphy was able to play for Rangers while living in Scotland no reason why he cant be involved with county, E. byrne is well on the way to recovery, P.kehoe is available afaik and R. Dunbar is on panel, id start Daryl before duke and keep duke as good sub. I wouldnt have taken off JM nolan on Sun, ok I know hw wasnt going well but unless he was injured I would have left him on cos he needs experience and has fantastic potential. I still stick to my opinion that the other 3 that I mentioned in previous post are not good enough. I know 2 of them are clubmen of yours but imo that is irrelevant when trying to put best team on field. Nothing personal against lads or that. BTW I know Daryl was poor on Sun. too but like Sean michael we have to persist with young lads.
On another point when are u21s out and what will they be like do you know?

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 26/03/2013 12:24:16    1356541

Link

A good few personnel and positional changes for the Dublin game Sunday.
Team is B Treacy, HP O'Byrne, E Nolan, D Shaw, A Corcoran, R Coady, J Corcoran, D English, E Coady, J Kavanagh, M Kavanagh, JM Nolan, P Shaw, S Kavanagh, D Roberts

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1114 - 29/03/2013 21:34:02    1358686

Link