Westmeath Forum

Predictions for senior football games

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

how bad were Tyrellspass then?

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1791 - 16/10/2015 17:50:35    1799525

Link

Take the time Joey to reread the previous posts before making such comments. No one here predicted that Castledaly would actually beat Lomans, Lomans possess clearly the best set of players, particularly forwards in the county, my beef with you was your comments smacking of begrudgery re Castledaly, you were churlish in the extreme re their achievements in getting to the final, hardly their fault that other teams you mentioned failed to beat them because their attitude was off or that they had luck as the main reason for their success, in championship knock out teams must have right attitude or they're gone.

kawaifive0 (Westmeath) - Posts: 112 - 16/10/2015 18:30:08    1799528

Link

I made an observation on what I had seen this year & then made a prediction (is this churlish???)...which on last Sundays evidence wasn't too far wrong!!! Anyways, I take it all back. Castledaly are brilliant!!

JoeytheLips (None) - Posts: 44 - 17/10/2015 10:15:25    1799598

Link

They are in the top 3/4 in the county as it stands this year!! considering they are a tiny village with a very small catchment area that's some achievement regardless what anyone says seems like your begrudging them on getting to a final??
Before anyone says there not a top 3/4 team going by this year which is all you can go by they are!! Alot of people on this forum have Tyrrellspass pumped up to the last and one of the best considering a 'poor' Castledaly team bet them all over the field in the semi and could have won by 8+ shows they are a very good team when they click. They didn't perform in the county final and it was a poor reflection on what they can really do,that's not saying they would win but it could have been a lot closer! And that's no begrudging St Lomans they were deserved winners and really had there homework done and being honest when they are full strength they won't be challenged in Westmeath.

iarmhi919 (Westmeath) - Posts: 216 - 18/10/2015 20:08:34    1799902

Link