UK Forum

Lory Meagher 2015 Lancashire

(Oldest Posts First)

I see on the fixture list that Lancashire are down to play their home games in Páirc na hÉireann is this true?? Jesus its a sad state of affairs that they can't play the games in Manchester. I suppose Old Bedians Sports Centre pitch is too short for hurling.

Its a shame all the clubs couldn't put their bickering behind them and get together and build a ground like Páirc na hÉireann or Ruislip it should have been done when they built the irish center

mike_tuam (Galway) - Posts: 157 - 29/04/2015 14:50:42    1718949

Link

I would assume that it is due to the fact that the pitch is not enclosed. Pretty sure all championship matches be it club or I/C have to be played on an enclosed pitch for health and safety/insurance reason.

John_B_Keane (UK) - Posts: 49 - 29/04/2015 15:32:06    1718969

Link

Mike,

An effort was made by all clubs in the county to have the Broughton Park's main floodlight pitch in Hough End amended for use in the summer months for this purpose.

However there was an eleventh hour change of heart from the Broughton Park committee over the legalities of moving a bund along the sideline. Leaving Lancashire with no choice but to play their games in Birmingham or otherwise forfeit their place in the competition

Butcher (UK) - Posts: 49 - 29/04/2015 16:06:05    1718984

Link