Wexford Forum

Wexford Football 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To lefty:  "Any word from this meeting?"
Vast majority of county chairman have pushed for intercounty 1st but nothing has been announced.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 18/12/2020 11:41:36    2323387

Link

Replying To lefty:  "Any word from this meeting?"
County first, football league in smaller groups of four, with top two in each group in a semi-final. Wexford likely in with Carlow, Waterford and London or Louth. Hurling league similar to previous years with a straight final I think, knockout championships, back door in hurling, Tailteann Cup in Football, no super 8 rubbish.

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1407 - 18/12/2020 13:16:41    2323414

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "County first, football league in smaller groups of four, with top two in each group in a semi-final. Wexford likely in with Carlow, Waterford and London or Louth. Hurling league similar to previous years with a straight final I think, knockout championships, back door in hurling, Tailteann Cup in Football, no super 8 rubbish."
Makes sense. Think the super8s had too many dead rubbers as there obviously wasnt relegation in the equation.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 18/12/2020 15:00:37    2323452

Link

Seen there doing the geographical splits for the league next year, north half is louth, leitrim, sligo and Antrim, our conference is either a 3 or 4 team group with ourselves, Waterford and carlow with London participation yet to be decided due to Covid.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 19/12/2020 12:14:51    2323697

Link

Replying To wexico15:  "Seen there doing the geographical splits for the league next year, north half is louth, leitrim, sligo and Antrim, our conference is either a 3 or 4 team group with ourselves, Waterford and carlow with London participation yet to be decided due to Covid."
Can't see LN in any league that happens in the first half of the year. Perhaps Kilkenny may put in a team next year!

zinny (Wexford) - Posts: 1000 - 21/12/2020 11:55:27    2325032

Link

Wexford footballers back training already. Have been for the last few weeks. I have heard from numerous players involved that so far it is up there with some of the hardest fitness training sessions they have ever done. Insanity or genius ?

BostonRedSox (Wexford) - Posts: 61 - 21/12/2020 17:53:53    2325162

Link

Replying To BostonRedSox:  "Wexford footballers back training already. Have been for the last few weeks. I have heard from numerous players involved that so far it is up there with some of the hardest fitness training sessions they have ever done. Insanity or genius ?"
someone is winding u up son, they are only in the gym

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1957 - 21/12/2020 21:20:52    2325257

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "someone is winding u up son, they are only in the gym"
they are back in the gym but also out running in some scenic spots

lefty (Wexford) - Posts: 88 - 22/12/2020 08:57:59    2325308

Link

Replying To BostonRedSox:  "Wexford footballers back training already. Have been for the last few weeks. I have heard from numerous players involved that so far it is up there with some of the hardest fitness training sessions they have ever done. Insanity or genius ?"
depends on the result but i hadnt heard that

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3900 - 22/12/2020 11:03:07    2325345

Link

Condolences to the friends and family and all those associated with St Marys and Wexford Bohs on the tragic passing of Stephen Flood, gentleman by all accounts and from a family steeped in both of the aforementioned clubs, RIP.

wexico15 (Wexford) - Posts: 2773 - 03/01/2021 00:17:40    2325831

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "someone is winding u up son, they are only in the gym"
I wish someone was winding me up. They had been running the day after Stephens day on Curracloes famous sand dunes to go with a couple of other group running sessions around the county. At least we will be the fittest division 4 team this year I guess?

BostonRedSox (Wexford) - Posts: 61 - 03/01/2021 12:38:39    2325848

Link

Replying To BostonRedSox:  "I wish someone was winding me up. They had been running the day after Stephens day on Curracloes famous sand dunes to go with a couple of other group running sessions around the county. At least we will be the fittest division 4 team this year I guess?"
Are they not suppose to be following government guidelines?

hunting (Wexford) - Posts: 589 - 03/01/2021 16:50:27    2325875

Link

Replying To hunting:  "Are they not suppose to be following government guidelines?"
A bit like managers not being paid.

StoreysTash (Wexford) - Posts: 914 - 04/01/2021 16:16:16    2325959

Link

Replying To StoreysTash:  "A bit like managers not being paid."
Think it a bit more serious than that now. How (if true)could anyone expect a group of men who have families to be training together during the current climate.very very selfish and wrong out of the current management(of course I have to repeat if true).

hunting (Wexford) - Posts: 589 - 04/01/2021 19:02:43    2326000

Link

Replying To hunting:  "Think it a bit more serious than that now. How (if true)could anyone expect a group of men who have families to be training together during the current climate.very very selfish and wrong out of the current management(of course I have to repeat if true)."
I'd imagine they were training in pods of 15 or less which was allowed at the time of the posts above. I assume they are training individually now. Every county is training in some fashion, lets be honest here the most important competition for Wexford Football is the league so if they are doing a bit so be it, as long as protocols are being followed I certainly would have no problem with it. If 45 fellas including management are meeting up collectively I would have with it.

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1407 - 05/01/2021 11:18:44    2326078

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "I'd imagine they were training in pods of 15 or less which was allowed at the time of the posts above. I assume they are training individually now. Every county is training in some fashion, lets be honest here the most important competition for Wexford Football is the league so if they are doing a bit so be it, as long as protocols are being followed I certainly would have no problem with it. If 45 fellas including management are meeting up collectively I would have with it."
Agreed! Think if we dont we will be miles behind everyone else. Just reading about what the Limerick and Waterford hurlers did by way of individual training, supervised by management online, during the 1st lockdown really opened my eyes.

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 1266 - 05/01/2021 12:55:51    2326104

Link

Replying To hurlorhurley:  "I'd imagine they were training in pods of 15 or less which was allowed at the time of the posts above. I assume they are training individually now. Every county is training in some fashion, lets be honest here the most important competition for Wexford Football is the league so if they are doing a bit so be it, as long as protocols are being followed I certainly would have no problem with it. If 45 fellas including management are meeting up collectively I would have with it."
of course they are not training,just like liam ryan did not get injured 'doing something with the county team' despite his club manager saying as much.....
now you,and everybody,just look away and let the gaa culture of blatant ignorance to rules,public health,etc go unnoticed.nothing to see here.

perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3900 - 05/01/2021 14:56:53    2326119

Link

Replying To perfect10:  "of course they are not training,just like liam ryan did not get injured 'doing something with the county team' despite his club manager saying as much.....
now you,and everybody,just look away and let the gaa culture of blatant ignorance to rules,public health,etc go unnoticed.nothing to see here."
What rules have been broken?

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1407 - 05/01/2021 18:38:16    2326165

Link

Replying To Viking66:  "Agreed! Think if we dont we will be miles behind everyone else. Just reading about what the Limerick and Waterford hurlers did by way of individual training, supervised by management online, during the 1st lockdown really opened my eyes."
Yea I cannot imagine anyone who is serious about next year not training right now, individually or in pods - the season will start and finish early for a lot of them so no time to work yourself into it, everyone will have to be ready to go day one.

zinny (Wexford) - Posts: 1000 - 06/01/2021 13:15:47    2326285

Link

Replying To zinny:  "Yea I cannot imagine anyone who is serious about next year not training right now, individually or in pods - the season will start and finish early for a lot of them so no time to work yourself into it, everyone will have to be ready to go day one."
Yeah fully agree. I'm sure Shane Roche will be mad keen to have the lads razor sharp for the league. I don't know if they are running up mountains or swimming in the ocean but whatever they're at they can't afford to lose out on promotion this year. It's doable of course as we now have a good balance.
And better with seasoned players in Waters, O'Grady and Furlong back in the panel. Beating Waterford and Carlow shouldn't be overly difficult. The semi final against one of the top two in the northern section will be tougher as we'll be up against better teams.
However if the attitude is right then promotion is very possible.

Blockandhook (Wexford) - Posts: 487 - 06/01/2021 22:52:39    2326401

Link