monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 186 - 29/07/2019 21:45:14    2218493

Link

Replying To monaghanmad:  "Senior champo: Clontibret
League: carrickmacross

Intermediate champo: maraghacloone
League: killiany

Junior championship: Drumhowan
League: clones"
After saying the last few games, find it hard to see anyone beating Ballybay, different team this year.
James Turley back for Scotstown also. Possibly the most competitive senior Championship in the last 5 years considering both Clontibret and Carrick could beat anyone on any given day

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 80 - 29/07/2019 23:47:33    2218549

Link

Senior - Clontibret
Intermediate - (hard to call) Maghercloone
Junior - Eire Og

I would change the Senior Championship
10 Senior teams plus top 6 from intermediate League the year before
16 Teams
4 groups of 4
Top 2 teams in to Quarter Finals
Any intermediate team which doesnt make Qtr finals play in Intermediate Championship with 4 which didnt enter senior champ

Any thoughts ??

fonzy (Monaghan) - Posts: 64 - 30/07/2019 10:32:42    2218625

Link

Senior championship is looking very interesting, Clontibret are back to being a dogged hard working team with the obvious attacking strategy that is impossible to stop.

Ballybay seem to be getting closer to getting over their scotstown hoodoo, although their defense isnt as solid as it once was. Still, can see them having a big say.

The obvious winner is scotstown, perennial champions who dont really show up for football until August. Darren hughes will probably be back and kieran seems to be over his injury troubles.. a daunting task to take those two and the supporting cast down.

Carrick, Truagh, Blayney, Latton and Inniskeen all seem to be around the same level.. Carrick missed their big chance last year due to some cowardly officiating, we all know what happened in clontibret that day..... Blayney arent going well but are a championship team who can turn it on on the big day. Latton and Inniskeen are hardy teams who are hard to beat but are probably slightly short on quality. Truagh have all the quality but never seem to put it together, usually have a big performance in them followed by a game spent scrapping and falling out with the ref/eachother..

Doohamlet and Currin wont be causing any shocks. Doohamlet have a few serious players but they jus dont have enough quality across the board to compete. Currin have Jack.

Mickod88 (Monaghan) - Posts: 5 - 01/08/2019 15:03:55    2219477

Link

With the league games coming thick and thin and championship just around the corner who looks set to be promoted/regulated/winning championships?

Currin and Blayney look in trouble. Blayney missed out on an extra 3 points last night against Latton. Was anyone at this game? if so what was the standard like??

Maghercloone and Donaghmoyne look set for Senior football again. Whereas Seans are near certain to be regulated along with Aughnamullen or Tyholland.

Championship wont be long coming around now. Who fancies who?? Senior is going to be a cracker. Has a potential 3 or 4 winners. Scotstown Ballybay Clontibret and Carrick. All on their day can beat each other. Should be a good August-September of football.

Cant see Maghercloone being beat in intermediate. They have experience in Senior but also experience in senior semi finals and finals so that should stand to them. Donaghmoyne will give them a run if they get the chance.

Clones and Eire Og are tight in Junior so its a hard one to call. plus i dont know enough about how the league is going to make an educated guess. Maybe someone can throw some light on this.

Let us know your opinions on the clubs scenes.

countymonaghan (Monaghan) - Posts: 170 - 08/08/2019 12:04:50    2222636

Link

Toome robbed by referee last night. Fell for the Clones shenanigans at the end of normal time. Should not be so easily duped by the wannabee county player because he has been a cry baby for a number of years now. Surprised at how poor Aghabog were in first game.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 95 - 11/08/2019 12:27:13    2223907

Link

Replying To seamusorinn:  "Toome robbed by referee last night. Fell for the Clones shenanigans at the end of normal time. Should not be so easily duped by the wannabee county player because he has been a cry baby for a number of years now. Surprised at how poor Aghabog were in first game."
Clones were far the better team and were rightful winners, 2nd half own wards they played some great football and Toome were just living off goals from that point as Clones completely outscored and outplayed them. Ref actually had a decent enough game so I sense some bitterness. How did the ref rob Toome so? Toome led by 8 at one point and after Clones levelled it up they went 3 ahead again so if a team can come back twice and score 0-25 I don't think it's anyone else fault but themselves

Your statement about a 'wannabee county player' is silly also.

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 694 - 11/08/2019 19:02:19    2224208

Link

Blackhill had a great win yesterday and seem to be coming good at the right time regardless of the league table. Clones and toome game was brilliant with clones being able to take their scores easier and both will be there or there abouts. The weekend showed that the 3 top teams clones toome and blackhill are starting to peak for championship and can't see anyone other than the 3 teams winning it.

monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 186 - 12/08/2019 09:06:00    2224443

Link

Was at all games the weekend and Blackhill look strong they've good players back at the right time. Clones won a few soft frees 2nd half but Toome should of had them beat when they went 8 ahead. I'd fancy blackhill or clones to win it Toome have lost young Connolly lad abroad now and Gary Wilson could be out for a long time and James Wilson only back after serious injury they could struggle with the squad they have. Oram and Drumhowan will take alot of beating too there both going well

CTC6 (Monaghan) - Posts: 11 - 12/08/2019 13:11:57    2224617

Link

Replying To CTC6:  "Was at all games the weekend and Blackhill look strong they've good players back at the right time. Clones won a few soft frees 2nd half but Toome should of had them beat when they went 8 ahead. I'd fancy blackhill or clones to win it Toome have lost young Connolly lad abroad now and Gary Wilson could be out for a long time and James Wilson only back after serious injury they could struggle with the squad they have. Oram and Drumhowan will take alot of beating too there both going well"
Think Toome will still have a say in the Championship, I think between them, Clones and Blackhill will be the frontrunners for it.
Intermediate Championship this weekend. What's ur predictions....
Corduff v Aughnamullen. Corduff
Killanny v Donaghmoyne. Donaghmoyne
Magheracloone v Tyholland. Magheracloone
Harps v Sean's. Sean's
Cremartin v Emyvale. Emyvale.

stvictor (Monaghan) - Posts: 61 - 14/08/2019 16:48:51    2225702

Link

Replying To stvictor:  "Think Toome will still have a say in the Championship, I think between them, Clones and Blackhill will be the frontrunners for it.
Intermediate Championship this weekend. What's ur predictions....
Corduff v Aughnamullen. Corduff
Killanny v Donaghmoyne. Donaghmoyne
Magheracloone v Tyholland. Magheracloone
Harps v Sean's. Sean's
Cremartin v Emyvale. Emyvale."
Corduff v Aughnamullen. Corduff by 5+
Killanny v Donaghmoyne. Donaghmoyne by 5+
Magheracloone v Tyholland. Close Magheracloone if they play well.. Impressed with Tyholland this year
Harps v Sean's... Harps by 10+
Cremartin v Emyvale. Emyvale by 5+

fonzy (Monaghan) - Posts: 64 - 15/08/2019 10:44:47    2225938

Link

Replying To fonzy:  "Corduff v Aughnamullen. Corduff by 5+
Killanny v Donaghmoyne. Donaghmoyne by 5+
Magheracloone v Tyholland. Close Magheracloone if they play well.. Impressed with Tyholland this year
Harps v Sean's... Harps by 10+
Cremartin v Emyvale. Emyvale by 5+"
I'd be expecting Magheracloone by at least 8

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 80 - 15/08/2019 11:57:34    2225968

Link

Replying To HB245:  "I'd be expecting Magheracloone by at least 8"
I expect Tyholland to frustrate magheracloone for long periods but they will kick on last 15 and win comfortable.

stvictor (Monaghan) - Posts: 61 - 15/08/2019 12:11:49    2225972

Link

Corduff v aughnamullen, corduff by 3
Killanny v donaghmoyne, killanny by 2
Tyholland v Magheracloone, magheracloone by 7
Harps v seans , harps by 6
Cremartin v emyvale , emyvale by 3
Should be a couple of really competitive games

MONAGHAN1985 (Monaghan) - Posts: 72 - 15/08/2019 19:39:55    2226151

Link

I hear that the so called experts that run our games in Monaghan made a balls of the Aghbog v Rockcorry game. As when the penalty shootout was ready to commence. Rock asked for clarification on whether subs were permitted to take part. They were told yes and this of course was incorrect. Now the game has to be replayed. There has been some very questionable appointments of referees for the junior championship this year. Refs no up to the standard required. Once again the junior championship in Monaghan is made little of. Last year corduff and traugh ruined the league and now this farce.

latefortraining (Monaghan) - Posts: 50 - 19/08/2019 12:48:15    2227459

Link

Replying To latefortraining:  "I hear that the so called experts that run our games in Monaghan made a balls of the Aghbog v Rockcorry game. As when the penalty shootout was ready to commence. Rock asked for clarification on whether subs were permitted to take part. They were told yes and this of course was incorrect. Now the game has to be replayed. There has been some very questionable appointments of referees for the junior championship this year. Refs no up to the standard required. Once again the junior championship in Monaghan is made little of. Last year corduff and traugh ruined the league and now this farce."
V interesting , was at the double header in inniskeen, the 2nd game went to pens, donaghmoyne v killanny , went to sudden death pens, the donaghmoyne lad that took the 5 th pen also took the 6 th ( 1st one in sudden death )
Looked like from the stand , the instructions were, 5 pen takers, and Did nt matter how long the pens went on , it s rotated between that 5 , does nt seem they had to follow original 1-5 takers

MONAGHAN1985 (Monaghan) - Posts: 72 - 19/08/2019 13:06:41    2227468

Link

Standard of Referring is a joke end off certain officials appointed to ref games wouldn't know if the ball was pumped or stuffed.. If I was Rockcorry I would refuse point blank to reply this game, I wouldn't sooner concede it as a matter of principal. Rock asked the question and the official from smithboro give them the green light to proceed so its the county boards problem not rockcorrys. Neither aghabog or rockcorry have a hope in hell of winning the championship outright but its still a farcical situation that puts both clubs in a awkward situation

On another note Monaghan got knocked out of the championship on the 22nd June yet 8 weeks later the 1st round of the intermediate championship is played and it takes penalities to decide the killanny match. Teams have being training since last jan/feb and the game comes down to penos. The whole system is a joke and not good enough for all concerned

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 265 - 19/08/2019 13:33:45    2227486

Link

Replying To mick2007:  "Standard of Referring is a joke end off certain officials appointed to ref games wouldn't know if the ball was pumped or stuffed.. If I was Rockcorry I would refuse point blank to reply this game, I wouldn't sooner concede it as a matter of principal. Rock asked the question and the official from smithboro give them the green light to proceed so its the county boards problem not rockcorrys. Neither aghabog or rockcorry have a hope in hell of winning the championship outright but its still a farcical situation that puts both clubs in a awkward situation

On another note Monaghan got knocked out of the championship on the 22nd June yet 8 weeks later the 1st round of the intermediate championship is played and it takes penalities to decide the killanny match. Teams have being training since last jan/feb and the game comes down to penos. The whole system is a joke and not good enough for all concerned"
http://hoganstand.com/Forum/FindPost?MessageID=2218625

Would Totally agree
Penalties is a lottery why not toss a coin ,
Paper Rock Scissors to decide it

Id change the Championship ..Refer to my post a few weeks ago

Intermediate Magharcloone were impressive in Carrick Yesterday against a good Tyholland team
Will anybody get close to them ?

fonzy (Monaghan) - Posts: 64 - 19/08/2019 15:46:58    2227559

Link

May be a bit off topic on this but can anyone tell me why full fixtures for the remainder of the year are not yet available. Surely if games are finish on the day then fixture can be made and clubs can plan.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not seen any fixtures past round one in senior competition and they are not on website.

stefon (Monaghan) - Posts: 3 - 19/08/2019 20:41:16    2227673

Link

Replying To mick2007:  "Standard of Referring is a joke end off certain officials appointed to ref games wouldn't know if the ball was pumped or stuffed.. If I was Rockcorry I would refuse point blank to reply this game, I wouldn't sooner concede it as a matter of principal. Rock asked the question and the official from smithboro give them the green light to proceed so its the county boards problem not rockcorrys. Neither aghabog or rockcorry have a hope in hell of winning the championship outright but its still a farcical situation that puts both clubs in a awkward situation

On another note Monaghan got knocked out of the championship on the 22nd June yet 8 weeks later the 1st round of the intermediate championship is played and it takes penalities to decide the killanny match. Teams have being training since last jan/feb and the game comes down to penos. The whole system is a joke and not good enough for all concerned"
So you want fixtures to be chopped and changed and players plans messed around just because Monaghan were out of the championship early. Have some respect for club players even if it doesn't suit you.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 95 - 20/08/2019 00:46:41    2227742

Link