Monaghan Forum

Monaghan In The Qualifiers!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Looks like two month ban from reports. Wasn't sitting far from incident and it looked to me anyway like he went on to push lads away certainly wasn't firing punches. Problem for him through is its the one thing the GAA will come down hard on is a non playing party i.e the maor uisce coming onto the field and getting involved in any altercation at all. Same as if malachy had jumped in himself will do well to get it overturned.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1472 - 14/06/2019 18:11:43    2194966

Link

Replying To seanie08:  "Looks like two month ban from reports. Wasn't sitting far from incident and it looked to me anyway like he went on to push lads away certainly wasn't firing punches. Problem for him through is its the one thing the GAA will come down hard on is a non playing party i.e the maor uisce coming onto the field and getting involved in any altercation at all. Same as if malachy had jumped in himself will do well to get it overturned."
Greg Kennedy (Dublin mentor that caught the sliotar vs Kilkenny) got 4 weeks. It beats me how Darren can get double that .

footballfirst (Dublin) - Posts: 48 - 14/06/2019 19:02:52    2194991

Link

Replying To seanie08:  "Looks like two month ban from reports. Wasn't sitting far from incident and it looked to me anyway like he went on to push lads away certainly wasn't firing punches. Problem for him through is its the one thing the GAA will come down hard on is a non playing party i.e the maor uisce coming onto the field and getting involved in any altercation at all. Same as if malachy had jumped in himself will do well to get it overturned."
Darren was not Maor uisce so I'm not sure how the GAA honchos can deal with this. I think he will be OK on appeal.

FarneyLenny (Monaghan) - Posts: 110 - 15/06/2019 09:56:41    2195168

Link

Replying To FarneyLenny:  "Darren was not Maor uisce so I'm not sure how the GAA honchos can deal with this. I think he will be OK on appeal."
Of course he was maor uisce....... what do you think he was doing standing over there if he wasn't???

ginelli (Monaghan) - Posts: 43 - 16/06/2019 18:32:33    2195934

Link

Replying To ginelli:  "Of course he was maor uisce....... what do you think he was doing standing over there if he wasn't???"
Don't know what he was doing standing over there....watching game maybe... according to the rules of the gaa injured players cannot be maor uisce....Its not me saying he wasn't maor uisce BUT the rules of the game state that he wasn't/ could not have been maor uisce.

FarneyLenny (Monaghan) - Posts: 110 - 16/06/2019 19:10:41    2195966

Link

Replying To FarneyLenny:  "Don't know what he was doing standing over there....watching game maybe... according to the rules of the gaa injured players cannot be maor uisce....Its not me saying he wasn't maor uisce BUT the rules of the game state that he wasn't/ could not have been maor uisce."
Both Neil McAdam & Darren Hughes were Maor Uisce for Fermanagh game !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 171 - 16/06/2019 20:55:43    2196042

Link

No, it's pretty clear. You cannot have a player, who has been injured, suddenly reappear as the Maoir Uisce. However, the fact that Darren wasn't on the named panel to begin with, he may as well have been Joe Soap, he was only Maoir Uisce, and nothing else.
Official team personnel, substitutes, injured players or members of the extended panel may not act as Maoir Uisce

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 372 - 17/06/2019 08:58:29    2196206

Link

Darren was not on the playing panel for the Fermanagh match so therefore he could be Maor Uisce. Likewise McAdam on the other side of the field. Colin Walsh did Maor Uisce the time he was out with the cruciate. It is probably a way of keeping them involved with the squad while recovering. It has backfired badly though. Darren should not have entered the field even if it was as peacemaker.

Tim_NicebutDim (Monaghan) - Posts: 327 - 17/06/2019 09:15:30    2196218

Link

Would Inniskeen or Blaney not be a better choice for this game?
Surprised it is going ahead in Clones with the Ulster final less than 24 hours later

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 698 - 17/06/2019 13:50:59    2196494

Link

Replying To MonaghanGlory:  "Would Inniskeen or Blaney not be a better choice for this game?
Surprised it is going ahead in Clones with the Ulster final less than 24 hours later"
Clones is our home ground. We take a trip around the county every spring (which I think is detrimental to us). It is championship and we should be using every advantage we can get. The Ulster final is not our problem (unfortunately).

And I know Clones is technically an Ulster council site rather than Monaghan's.

Monaghan08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 175 - 17/06/2019 15:28:09    2196572

Link

What are peoples opinions on the game Saturday more like.

I think Armagh will go more defensive on us than they went on Cavan.
Boyle on murnin or Campbell
Ryan Wylie on Clarke
Boyle on O neill, I seen boyle on mc Kiernan and he is more suited to play out the field than Drew or Kieran Duffy
With Boyle tracking O neill, drew will need to start full back I say to hold the square, like what Boyle did against Fermanagh.

Its very hard to see Armagh going with O neill, Clarke, Campbell and Murnin from the very start and more than likely will go Clake Campbell and O neill, and maybe keeping O neill closer to goal and letting Campbell run from deep like against cavan. In this case I think that drew would not suit this style at all due to the speed inside of Clarke O neill and Campbell coming through.

Half back will probably see Vinny retained with Karl and with Dessie ward making way for Kelly dropping back.

Midfield is a dead cert, Kearns and Kieran, unless Darren is fit to play.

Half frorwards the last day was very poor and Mc anespie and Carey being retsined here with Carey proving to be a big option in the scoring stakes in an open game like this.

It will be interesting to see if O hanlon starts, I think he will and either Malone or mc carthy missing out. Hard to see Malachy dropping Malone too and maybe Carey will miss out.

There is so many permutations to the forwards, but one thing is for sure that Mc carthy, Jack, O hanlon and mc manus wont all start.

Time will tell, however if we get our full back line wrong and Armagh get there full forward line right we could be in for trouble.

monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 193 - 17/06/2019 19:17:31    2196733

Link

Replying To monaghanmad:  "What are peoples opinions on the game Saturday more like.

Ryan Wylie on Clarke
Boyle on O neill, I seen boyle on mc Kiernan and he is more suited to play out the field than Drew or Kieran Duffy
With Boyle tracking O neill, drew will need to start full back I say to hold the square, like what Boyle did against Fermanagh.

Its very hard to see Armagh going with O neill, Clarke, Campbell and Murnin from the very start and more than likely will go Clake Campbell and O neill, and maybe keeping O neill closer to goal and letting Campbell run from deep like against cavan. In this case I think that drew would not suit this style at all due to the speed inside of Clarke O neill and Campbell coming through.

Half back will probably see Vinny retained with Karl and with Dessie ward making way for Kelly dropping back.

Half frorwards the last day was very poor and Mc anespie and Carey being retsined here with Carey proving to be a big option in the scoring stakes in an open game like this.

It will be interesting to see if O hanlon starts, I think he will and either Malone or mc carthy missing out. Hard to see Malachy dropping Malone too and maybe Carey will miss out.

There is so many permutations to the forwards, but one thing is for sure that Mc carthy, Jack, O hanlon and mc manus wont all start.

Time will tell, however if we get our full back line wrong and Armagh get there full forward line right we could be in for trouble."
Boyle is going to be fair busy on Saturday night. I thought the starting team had a good enough balance to it the last day very hard to know against that Fermanagh team. I'd say maybe just one change in the forwards with Jack coming in for Malone/Carey. His passing will be vital if Monaghan are to expose Armagh who are poor at the back. But then again under this management teams system a creative player like Jack is not given the opportunity/license to show his best attributes. Keep O 'Hanlon for the last 20 minutes to bring home the win.
On another note it will be interesting to see if Mansy gets any protection from the referee and his officials this weekend. He has been very harshly treated all year. I'd imagine James Morgan will start out on him until he picks up his mandatory yellow card before being moved or substituted.

CurlyFingers (Monaghan) - Posts: 50 - 17/06/2019 20:40:12    2196767

Link

Does anyone know if the game is televised

footininja (Monaghan) - Posts: 43 - 18/06/2019 09:03:06    2196930

Link

Replying To footininja:  "Does anyone know if the game is televised"
Not on TV. Munster final on at same time

Mon79 (Monaghan) - Posts: 80 - 18/06/2019 11:37:44    2197009

Link

Replying To Monaghan Exile:  "Far from a classic, agree with all comments on Fermanagh tactics, we got over the line & thats what really counts. Hopefully this gets the lads switched on !

Did anybody read Ross Carr's column in the Sunday World.... quote; "Rumours of discontentment within the Monaghan camp have been rife"! ... Can anyone shed any light on this?.... Just hope it's not true!"
Once again Ross Carr in the Sunday World referred to Monaghan as a " divided camp"!.... anyone shed any light on this ?

Monaghan Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 398 - 18/06/2019 11:58:20    2197020

Link

Not too hard to infer 'divided camp' from the fact we've had several panel members walk away. As to how deep the divisions go after that, who knows. Combined with injuries, it meant we were down to only having 20 players at training just before the Cavan game I believe. IMO Barry Kerr was treated badly by management, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving. Whether that has left a sour taste, or something else? I guess it will all come out eventually.

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 372 - 18/06/2019 13:04:48    2197075

Link

Replying To moodoo:  "Not too hard to infer 'divided camp' from the fact we've had several panel members walk away. As to how deep the divisions go after that, who knows. Combined with injuries, it meant we were down to only having 20 players at training just before the Cavan game I believe. IMO Barry Kerr was treated badly by management, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving. Whether that has left a sour taste, or something else? I guess it will all come out eventually."
who all has walked away ??
Barry Kerr left because of his studies i understand but correct me if im wrong. he of all the lads would most certainly of got plenty of game time. i have heard rumors of bust ups but iv heard of them almost every year now so ill take them with a pinch of salt.
on another note is the stand reserved on saturday evening ?

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 172 - 18/06/2019 19:03:17    2197242

Link

Replying To farneygael:  "who all has walked away ??
Barry Kerr left because of his studies i understand but correct me if im wrong. he of all the lads would most certainly of got plenty of game time. i have heard rumors of bust ups but iv heard of them almost every year now so ill take them with a pinch of salt.
on another note is the stand reserved on saturday evening ?"
Barry Kerr certainly wasn't treated badly by Monaghan!

FarneyLenny (Monaghan) - Posts: 110 - 18/06/2019 19:29:27    2197260

Link

Replying To monaghanmad:  "What are peoples opinions on the game Saturday more like.

Ryan Wylie on Clarke

Time will tell, however if we get our full back line wrong and Armagh get there full forward line right we could be in for trouble."
Busy time for Boyle then if he's marking all 3 of them!!!

Confusing time for Carey too if he's going to be a main scoring threat or benched !!
On a serious note in answer to another query seating is unreserved on Saturday

ginelli (Monaghan) - Posts: 43 - 18/06/2019 19:40:00    2197267

Link

Kerr is the only one who has left the panel could see adding something. Monaghan are out of form at the minute facing an attacking Armagh side. Take them on in a shootout be only one winner based on form this summer. Id expect malachy to bring the blanket big time for this one frustrate Armagh and hopefully pick them off enough. It won't be pretty but it doesn't have to be. Monaghan badly need a good start in this one as they won't chase this Armagh team down without conceding too many.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1472 - 18/06/2019 19:44:35    2197269

Link