9. Tommy Conghaile * Micheal Breathnach
10. Cillin de Paor * Ceathru Rua
12. Eoin Phoil * Oileain Arainn
13. Tommy Flaherty * Renvyle
14. Sean O Cathasaigh * Carna Caiseal
15. Peadar Jude O Conghaile * Ceathru Rua

Based on last 10 - 15 years
Bainisteoir? Tommy finnerty gan doubt ar bith."
So you choose a keeper who has what?... 3 club championship matches under his belt(all loses)??

Peadar Jude must feel like a young lad again... As he retired in 2000 as far as i can remember. Lol

You're entitled to your opinion but your miles off with alot of that team.

galwayfan (None) - Posts: 720 - 05/06/2020 14:13:59    2279933

Link

Replying To galwayfan:  "So you choose a keeper who has what?... 3 club championship matches under his belt(all loses)??

Peadar Jude must feel like a young lad again... As he retired in 2000 as far as i can remember. Lol

You're entitled to your opinion but your miles off with alot of that team."
Each to their own, who would you include yourself?

MairtinTomSean (Galway) - Posts: 33 - 05/06/2020 15:03:47    2279938

Link

Replying To MairtinTomSean:  "Each to their own, who would you include yourself?"
Well if your talking last 10-15. In Goals you have your pick from Dónal Dowd, Tomás ó hAilín, Ciarán Mac Donnacha, Eoin O Coisdealbha, Marty Mannion, Séamus Friel.

2. Máirtín Ó Conghaile An Cheathrú Rua
3. Eoin Mac Donncha Bearna
4. Cóilín Ó hÓgáin Naomh Anna
5. Barry Bán Ó Conghaile M. Breathnach
6. Micheal Antoine Ó Conghaile An Cheathrú rua
7. Gerald Ó Conghaile An Cheathrú Rua
8. Padraic Bairéad Naomh Anna
9. Eamon Ó Cuív An Fháirche
10. Eoin Pól Oileán Árainn
11. Cillín de Paor An Cheathrú Rua
12. DD. Flaherty Bearna
13. Seosamh Ó Conaire M. Breathnach
14. Niall Ó Briain An Cheathrú Rua
15. Ciarán de Paor An Cheathrú Rua.

Ní cheapaim gur imir aon acu sin go Ghaillimh sa chraobh.

galwayfan (None) - Posts: 720 - 05/06/2020 18:55:55    2279950

Link

Plus you only had 14 players on your team list.

galwayfan (None) - Posts: 720 - 05/06/2020 18:57:46    2279951

Link

Replying To johnterry:  "What was your favourite day out as a Galway supporter, what was the one day that you would love to experience again.

For me it is between, 1998 All Ireland Final, 1998 First Round v Mayo, 1995 Semi v Tyrone,(my first real day seeing the Galway footballers in Croker), 2005 U21 v Down(one if the best games I've seen, 2007 v Mayo in Pearse, 1999 v Mayo in Tuam(atmospher).
1993 Hurling semi vs Tipp(complete outsiders)

I am going to pick an odd one though.
The first round against Mayo know 2016 Castlebar. To say we were outnumbered would be an understatement. One of the smallest travelling Galway supports I've ever seen. First win over them in a long time, they completely underestimated us, Bernard Power plucked from the Galway juniors and not starting for Corofin, unknowns in Wynne, Kyne, Kerin, Brannigan, Heaney.
Super performances from Comer, Conroy, Flynn, Sice.

A day I loved, and really enjoyed the drive home"
The 1987 hurling semi-final win against Tipp was phenomenal. It was a thrilling, high-quality game and the atmosphere was electric in front of the biggest crowd at a semi-final in decades. In 1992, I was in Tullamore when the under-21 footballers pulled off a massive upset against Kildare in the all-Ireland semi-final. There was huge hype in Kildare with Mick O'Dwyer in charge - they were red-hot favourites, having hammered Dublin in the Leinster final, and they had a number of established senior stars on their team. It seemed like 90% of the crowd were Kildare supporters but our lads played out of their skins and they gave Galway football a badly needed lift with a great win. A promising young lad by the name of Ja Fallon caught the eye that day.

Gaillimh_Abu (Galway) - Posts: 827 - 30/06/2020 06:01:39    2282334

Link