Galway Forum

Galway Football 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To squares_edge:  "for me those were the three stand out players as well as flynn in the first 40 mins and john daly who was solid throughout

mulkerrins played from the front well when he could and all inside line defenders will need to do that witht he pj system and no sweeper in place...with that in mind there must be room for an eoghan kerin and obviously a returning liam silke...
conroy dictated things around the middle and walsh did all the damage up top with a couple of impressive cameos from rob finnerty
i would worry abnout mcdaid and brannigan on the wings but with the corofin boys to return its hard to see them holding 5 and 7"
Ya Varley and Shane work very well together. Conray changed the game when he came on. I would worry about Darcy and McDaid that said its early days yet. Very impressed with galway the way they closed the game out after red card. This new mark is a heartbreak for referees ie 1 trying to be watching if kick is outside 45. 2 trying to be watching where ball is going and while doing this trying to make sure ball travels over 20 metres. Referees will struggle big time with this especially in club. Getting back to game I thought from a roscommon point of view referee was poor. That said Galway were by far the better and fitter team. Bigger tests yo come but all fairly positive so far.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 450 - 18/01/2020 23:02:24    2260687

Link

I'm sure the fbd panel will be cut ahead of the league, any idea when and the casualty's? Lads I haven't seen and wonder if they are even involved this year: Eoghan kerin, Antoine o lee, duggan, sean Armstrong, Liam o crallaigh

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 199 - 19/01/2020 14:39:56    2260758

Link

Replying To mise87:  "I'm sure the fbd panel will be cut ahead of the league, any idea when and the casualty's? Lads I haven't seen and wonder if they are even involved this year: Eoghan kerin, Antoine o lee, duggan, sean Armstrong, Liam o crallaigh"
Ummm Armie retired in the winter of 2018.
Duggan is no over but has a knee injury.
Kerin is also injured I don't know if he's involved or not.
Don't know about the other two

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 750 - 19/01/2020 15:24:53    2260768

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Ummm Armie retired in the winter of 2018.
Don't know about the other two"
I mean Geroid

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 199 - 19/01/2020 15:52:01    2260778

Link

Corofin win the Club championship again. Surely there is loads and loads of football talent in Galway.

galwayford (Galway) - Posts: 1891 - 19/01/2020 18:42:29    2260856

Link

Replying To mise87:  "I'm sure the fbd panel will be cut ahead of the league, any idea when and the casualty's? Lads I haven't seen and wonder if they are even involved this year: Eoghan kerin, Antoine o lee, duggan, sean Armstrong, Liam o crallaigh"
Duggan had a setback with the injury that kept him out most of last year. Doubt we'll see him during the league anyway.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1771 - 19/01/2020 20:17:56    2260906

Link

Replying To galwayford:  "Corofin win the Club championship again. Surely there is loads and loads of football talent in Galway."
Yes, there is. Tons of talent. I think we'll see that PJ, Divo, Scan and O'Domhnaill can harness it and shape this talent into a really serious outfit. There'll be blips on the way but if we can all give them a bit of time to get the flow going, they'll be very hard to beat.

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 246 - 19/01/2020 20:37:31    2260916

Link

Can I ask, who would ya pick from that corofin team today to play county? I'm struggling to be honest... Ronan Steede, Dylan Wall, Kieran Molloy .... that's about it! Daithi Burke if he would only play for the footballers!

Now to be fair, I'm only going on today's performance..

I was very disappointed in Michael & Martin F & Ian B

I was actually very disappointed in the overall Corofin performance today, I was excited about them joining the county panel, but after this evening I'm not to sure what to think....

What's your thoughts??

Hupgalway (Galway) - Posts: 236 - 19/01/2020 21:33:48    2260939

Link

right guys team for the monaghan game
what do we think? i doubt corofin will be back so safe to say a team without them involved
gleeson
heaney mulkerrins duane
mcdaid j daly nrannigan
conroy flynn
boyle m daly o laoi
finnerty walsh varley

if comer is fit then to start in place of finnerty

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 599 - 19/01/2020 21:49:53    2260945

Link

Replying To Hupgalway:  "Can I ask, who would ya pick from that corofin team today to play county? I'm struggling to be honest... Ronan Steede, Dylan Wall, Kieran Molloy .... that's about it! Daithi Burke if he would only play for the footballers!

I was actually very disappointed in the overall Corofin performance today, I was excited about them joining the county panel, but after this evening I'm not to sure what to think....

What's your thoughts??"
If I was a Corofin player I would stay well away from the Galway panel. They should have a good celebration and a good rest and get ready for the 2020 championship. So many people think they are not up to county football so they should stick to their club. Not convinced by the Galway set up.

crafty (Galway) - Posts: 183 - 19/01/2020 22:19:44    2260958

Link

Will Brannigan be suspended for league? Do Mcdaids black cards carry?

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1259 - 19/01/2020 22:22:51    2260959

Link

I think Brannigan will be suspended after red card can't see Duane starting or Boyle think Darcy will start midfield he might use conroy as impact sub think O Donnell will start

Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 431 - 19/01/2020 22:42:51    2260966

Link

Fair Play to Galway on their win. I thought shane walsh was brilliant may have been a master stroke giving him captain.

We were very poor throughout and it showed without cox and murtagh we lacked scoring power.

Does anyone know what Brainnigan got the red for?

Tarismelting22 (Roscommon) - Posts: 583 - 20/01/2020 08:36:13    2260998

Link

Replying To Hupgalway:  "Can I ask, who would ya pick from that corofin team today to play county? I'm struggling to be honest... Ronan Steede, Dylan Wall, Kieran Molloy .... that's about it! Daithi Burke if he would only play for the footballers!

What's your thoughts??"
Gary Sice.

WunderBar (Galway) - Posts: 267 - 20/01/2020 09:07:58    2261001

Link

Well done Corofin - a fine club. Their subs were the difference in the end. Conor Cunningham, Darragh Silke, Gavin Burke, Dylan Canny, Ciaran McGrath, Dylan Mchugh, Conor Newell - not bad subs to bring on for a club team!! I would love two of them in my club! They have all played for Galway.
Can never understand Conor Cunningham being a sub with Corofin. He is a fine footballer.
Cathal Silke a very steady corner back. Maybe a bit small for Galway but a better corner back than Kerin IMO. Has Dylan Wall played much at corner back?
B.Power, L.Silke, Molloy, D.Wall, Martin Farragher and I.Burke to make the 30 man Galway squad.

hopballref (Galway) - Posts: 203 - 20/01/2020 09:34:17    2261003

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "Will Brannigan be suspended for league? Do Mcdaids black cards carry?"
Im fairly sure on the red card you get suspended for the next fbd league game. That was the case last year, unless it has changed since.

galway19 (Galway) - Posts: 124 - 20/01/2020 09:48:15    2261006

Link

Replying To crafty:  "If I was a Corofin player I would stay well away from the Galway panel. They should have a good celebration and a good rest and get ready for the 2020 championship. So many people think they are not up to county football so they should stick to their club. Not convinced by the Galway set up."
Ridiculous post. Anyone that needs to be convinced by the Galway set up should never be let near a maroon jersey.

Galway probably had 50 players involved since PJ took over and i guarantee u that on this form and others nearly every players position on the team/panel was questioned. If you are such a snowflake that that bothers u than u probably wouldn't be much good when the chips are down anyway.

Anyone that basis an assessment of Corofin players on yesterdays performance is crazy. They will add big time to the Galway set up.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1259 - 20/01/2020 09:50:10    2261007

Link

Monaghan looked horrendous going forward in the McKenna Cup final. We need a good start on Sunday which will force them to come out and play and then more gaps should appear in their defence. Some idea of the team, cant see too many changes from Saturday:

Gleeson
Heaney
Mulkerrin
O'Donnell
McDaid
Daly
Brannigan
Flynn
D'Arcy
Conroy
Daly
S.Kelly
Varley
Walsh
Comer

galway19 (Galway) - Posts: 124 - 20/01/2020 09:55:09    2261011

Link

Replying To Kickitout:  "I think Brannigan will be suspended after red card can't see Duane starting or Boyle think Darcy will start midfield he might use conroy as impact sub think O Donnell will start"
I actually thought Duane was very solid and has always been a solid player for Galway IMO. He may lack pace but he makes up for that in football know-how and won a couple of frees going forward at vital times in the second half.

tommy k (Galway) - Posts: 2340 - 20/01/2020 09:59:31    2261014

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Ummm Armie retired in the winter of 2018.
Don't know about the other two"
Antaine Ó Laoi bad injury (arm) ahead of An Spidéals QF Vs Tuam Stars in the Champioship.

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 626 - 20/01/2020 11:29:29    2261040

Link