Dublin Forum

V Roscommon & V Kilkenny

(Oldest Posts First)

Big Weekend
Wondering what we can realistically expect ???
Football first
On all evidence it should be a stroll
Realistically what's the best scenario for this game , a win obviously , no injuries , a professional performance , fringe players like McHugh and Scully given a bit of exposure to HQ .
Nice to see Con / Dermo given a run at some stage,
Apart from that Dublin on a bit of a hiding to nothing , don't beat the rossies well and questions asked , do win and its expected.
Is it just me but I've of nothing about actually breaking the record very quite all week , yet couldn't get away from talk about equalling it , leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else.

Hurling have never been afraid of Kilkenny in Parnell park , think the game is going to be a right battle very physical , with a couple of Cuala players back I'm hoping for the win , if we don't we do need to see a performance , we can not put up a performance similar to the one v Tipp if we do it will have long term effect. Be very interesting to see who lines out.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 24/03/2017 11:00:28    1970647

Link

leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

That's exactly what it was about

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7883 - 24/03/2017 12:49:03    1970676

Link

Replying To realdub:  " leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

That's exactly what it was about"
Was it even in doubt?

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20167 - 24/03/2017 13:07:35    1970686

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "
Replying To realdub:  " leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

Was it even in doubt?"
If it was it isn't now ha ha

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 24/03/2017 13:17:33    1970690

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "
Replying To jimbodub:  "[quote=realdub:  " leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

Was it even in doubt?"
If it was it isn't now ha ha"]No I say in jest

I wanted to make noise about it, because why wouldn't you as a supporter

Listen

It's an outstanding achievement by Gavin and his team and to not lose the run in Kerry was great

Also great to hear how sick a Bill Joe Mayo pants was about it on eir sports

When Murphy gave the ball away he want... "Jeeeesssus" out of sheer frustration that it gave Dublin an opportunity to equalise

He was sick.

I jumped out of my armchair when Mannion swung that over - great quick hands to set that up

So yes, it was a lot more than just winding up Kerry folk, although if there's a chance to do that.. again why wouldn't you as a Dub supporter

;)

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20167 - 24/03/2017 14:00:42    1970702

Link

... and boy did it work!!!

They are hiring a P.I to find out my true identity at this stage

Prime villain #1

:)

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20167 - 24/03/2017 14:09:50    1970706

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "[quote=jimbodub:  "[quote=realdub:  " leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

Was it even in doubt?"

Listen

It's an outstanding achievement by Gavin and his team and to not lose the run in Kerry was great

When Murphy gave the ball away he want... "Jeeeesssus" out of sheer frustration that it gave Dublin an opportunity to equalise

He was sick.

I jumped out of my armchair when Mannion swung that over - great quick hands to set that up

So yes, it was a lot more than just winding up Kerry folk, although if there's a chance to do that.. again why wouldn't you as a Dub supporter

;)"]Also with billy joe every Dublin free was soft never once did he mention kerrys soft frees , they got a 45 when Philly was Blatantly foul going down on a ball I couldn't believe billy joe said nothing. They had him and Quirke on off the ball last night talking shite about how to beat Dublin.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 24/03/2017 14:16:28    1970712

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "[quote=jimbodub:  "[quote=realdub:  " leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

Was it even in doubt?"

Listen

He was sick.

;)"]Any real achievement record is worth having , you'd rather have it than not , do I want us to set a new one v Roscommon of course I do,
my point being I heard very little else in the lead up to the game , but for me the two points were more important , in the lead up to this game when we have an opportunity to break the record , this forum , radio , friends etc. very quite , hence my Kerry comment.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 24/03/2017 14:16:28    1970713

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "
Replying To jimbodub:  "[quote=Damothedub:  "[quote=jimbodub:  "[quote=realdub:  " leads me to believe it was more about pi77ing Kerry off than anything else

Was it even in doubt?"

Listen

He was sick.

;)"]Any real achievement record is worth having , you'd rather have it than not , do I want us to set a new one v Roscommon of course I do,
my point being I heard very little else in the lead up to the game , but for me the two points were more important , in the lead up to this game when we have an opportunity to break the record , this forum , radio , friends etc. very quite , hence my Kerry comment."]I tried to post on it chief

Nothing went through

The Kerry lads have been causing a stink with the admin I reckon

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20167 - 24/03/2017 14:57:27    1970725

Link

Take a listen to the Terrace Talk podcast for the Monday after the game, my word, I'll say nothing, tell me what you think. I remember John Kennedy well, he was one of those lads who thought he was better than he was and I remember him having a problem with a ref for being sent off in a club game because of "who he was".

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7883 - 24/03/2017 17:08:53    1970763

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Take a listen to the Terrace Talk podcast for the Monday after the game, my word, I'll say nothing, tell me what you think. I remember John Kennedy well, he was one of those lads who thought he was better than he was and I remember him having a problem with a ref for being sent off in a club game because of "who he was"."
What's terrace talk?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 24/03/2017 17:55:58    1970776

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "What's terrace talk?"
Kerry gaa talk show.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 324 - 24/03/2017 18:28:43    1970786

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "What's terrace talk?"
Its the Radio Kerry GAA program on Monday evenings, used to be chaired by Wheesie Fogarty, who I love, but he's ill at the moment.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7883 - 24/03/2017 18:34:15    1970789

Link

I couldn't believe Billy who padden when I watched the game back totally agree with the previous poster the bias commentary was poor, the disgust in his voice at the end when Murphy gave the ball away he was almost willing Kerry over the line

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 926 - 24/03/2017 18:41:46    1970790

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Its the Radio Kerry GAA program on Monday evenings, used to be chaired by Wheesie Fogarty, who I love, but he's ill at the moment."
Tell me they didn't say we were the instigator's on Saturday night? To be fair it's a Kerry podcast so their going to be one sided for all things Kerry. I don't listen to other teams podcasts cause you know there going to be blinkered to their team but surely they couldn't think Dublin started the rows last Saturday ?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 24/03/2017 19:10:02    1970798

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Tell me they didn't say we were the instigator's on Saturday night? To be fair it's a Kerry podcast so their going to be one sided for all things Kerry. I don't listen to other teams podcasts cause you know there going to be blinkered to their team but surely they couldn't think Dublin started the rows last Saturday ?"
I was listening to Michael Quirk who was pretty straightforward, he said Kerry were so sick of Dublin beating them they had to try something to upset them. Playing football did them no good so they started the black arts. He also said Brian Fenton can expect to be roughed up as Barry did.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 324 - 24/03/2017 20:26:18    1970816

Link

Good game so far

Dubs done well since the goal

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20167 - 26/03/2017 15:23:19    1971163

Link

Gary Maguire killed us yesterday , far to experienced to do what he done , no guarantee we would have won if he'd stayed on the pitch but no chance in the end with 14 , I know we hung in but never felt we were going to see it out ,
Hoping to travel to Ennis big big game

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 27/03/2017 15:44:24    1971868

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Tell me they didn't say we were the instigator's on Saturday night? To be fair it's a Kerry podcast so their going to be one sided for all things Kerry. I don't listen to other teams podcasts cause you know there going to be blinkered to their team but surely they couldn't think Dublin started the rows last Saturday ?"
Yep, Kilkenny being the main culprit apparently :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7883 - 27/03/2017 21:52:24    1972059

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Yep, Kilkenny being the main culprit apparently :D"
Hahahaha , in fairness we weren't 100% innocent either but a blind man could see Kerry were the main instigator's two weeks ago.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 29/03/2017 08:44:11    1972625

Link