Down Forum

Div 3 senior football

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I have been intrigued by some of the comments regarding the JFC. It appears that the CB are inept at the administration of running the C'ship properly. Bright GFC should be ashamed of themselves for not fulfilling their fixture with Drumaness. Surely they knew at the beginning of the C'ship, when the dates were first published, that there was a wedding on, so if they knew players were attending and they wouldn't be able to fulfil that fixture, then why enter the competition in the first place. Surely there weren't that many players attending the wedding that they couldn't muster up 15 players. Bright have totally disrespected the C'ship in Down and any of the other teams who failed to fulfil C'ship fixtures. What is the punishment for them ? £100 fine? Any team who doesn't fulfil C'ship fixtures should be expelled from the competition the following year.
I feel sorry for the players, mentors and coaches of affected teams who put a lot of time, effort and sacrifice in only to be let down by CB and teams not fielding.
I just wonder why so many are against Drumaness having the opportunity to have a play off, are they afraid to play them ?
Good Luck to Dromara but I think they wont progress any further, definitely weakness team left in semis.

respectfairplay (Down) - Posts: 23 - 13/09/2013 22:00:54    1481816

Link

Well if drumaness knew that bright couldnt feild that day why did the change the game till the week after. They knew the would have to play them to get in to the semi

gaa222 (Down) - Posts: 12 - 14/09/2013 12:11:29    1481865

Link

gaa222, why would Drumaness change their match when they knew what ever they done the CB would back them

allseeingeye (Down) - Posts: 65 - 14/09/2013 15:30:04    1481946

Link

So Teconnaught have gained the second promotion spot by beating Mitchels tonight and the fact that Ardglass wont field next week. They certainly used the rule book to their advantage by not bowing to Mitchels request not to play the match on Saturday therefore playing a weakened Mitchels team.
Have they gained promotion by default. As was previously posted, it is alleged they played a player against Drumaness who had twice been sent off for 2 yellow cards within a couple of weeks. As this is a "Repeat category offence" he should have been suspended for 2 weeks. Who in the CB is responsible for picking up on these transgressions ? This would have had implications for all teams who were chasing promotion, ie Dromara, Drumaness and Mitchels. However did the referees of the respective matches actually put their reports in ?

respectfairplay (Down) - Posts: 23 - 14/09/2013 20:41:09    1482141

Link

a forum is supposed to be an open enviroment of discussion. the anti drumaness feeling has been more than once expressed on this platform in recent times.they have broken no rules and accusations being thrown are to say the least nothing which has any factual content in it. 2weeks on and still nobody and mean nobody has stated a factually incorrect thing drumaness has done. however as i did state previously which is factually correct teconnaught this year against drumaness played an illegal player (someone who had been sent of this year twice for the offence of receiving 2 yellow cards and did not serve their suspension). when people are contributing on this forum ;(more than one teconnaught fan) what about the clubs who have broken the rules as in this case is playing a player who should be suspended a blatent disregard for whoever your opponent.

knowtherules94 (Down) - Posts: 24 - 15/09/2013 11:52:46    1482275

Link

So CB have seen the error of thier ways and have confirmed there will be no challenge. At last common sense pervails. Rest of us can now get on with semi- finals.

Twobouncesref (Down) - Posts: 3 - 15/09/2013 14:01:04    1482328

Link

So who's through

Giantlovepump (Down) - Posts: 23 - 15/09/2013 14:25:54    1482337

Link

I have been following this message board now for some time and I had to sign up today. there is s lot of petty posts about what ifs and rules etc etc. if teconnaught broke rules then why was this not brought up right after the game, instead of waiting till they are almost completing their most successful season for about a decade. teconnaught have rebuilt a new team this year and it is a credit to the management of how well they have done in the league campaign. why cant we just congratulate them instead of bringing up this petty stuff. they are sitting second in the league because they won the games to get there. full stop! and congratulations to aghaderg on there league title. they have really out done themselves this year and shocked a few jealous competitors.

honestpunter (Down) - Posts: 3 - 15/09/2013 14:42:54    1482343

Link

true point honest punter should have been brought up at time.who at cb oversees these rule infringements.if you cannot trust your neighbouring club to play within the rules who can you.great year for teconnaught but it has highlighted the fine margins between success and failure.the match which teconnaught cheated/broke the rules is the difference between the two clubs. in this case cheating/breaking rules has paid off.

knowtherules94 (Down) - Posts: 24 - 15/09/2013 15:30:30    1482363

Link

meanwhile back on the pitch

Teconnaught 1-10 Mitchels 1-9
Killyleagh 2-7 Auglisnafinn 3-9
Ballykinlar 0-5 Ardglass 0-0 (panned out very similar to Drumaness v Bright)

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 15/09/2013 17:15:58    1482409

Link

St Paul's 1-8 V 4-12 St Colman's Drumaness todays result. leaves Teconnaught v Drumaness as a promotion play off if Dromara cant catch them

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 15/09/2013 17:33:57    1482418

Link

does anyone know what happens if teconnaught and drummaness end up on the same points.? I was under the impression that it went to head to head? this would put teconnaught through. can anyone out there clarify this????

honestpunter (Down) - Posts: 3 - 15/09/2013 18:34:27    1482449

Link

OMG LOL etc etc
This is so funny
Last round of matches are Tecconaught v Ardglass and guess what a refixture (wait for it) DROMARA v DRUMNANESS which is outstanding from Round 2(check the website for fixtures in Div 3).

Boy o boy - when the County Board is down (pun definitely intended) and almost out this is thrown into the mix.

Ardglass probably not field (seems to be what most are saying) and Drumaness MUST BEAT Dromara.

Will the County Board insist on Ardglass fielding because if they field and they beat Tecconaught and Drumaness beat Dromara then Drumaness are up. Drumaness with 34 league points compared to Tecconaught with 32.

Hollywood here we come. Blockbuster movie time. Am i dreaming this or is this actually true? Dromara v Drumaness could be on and could be one of the most influential games of the season.

Now we will see if the County Board have the "BALLS" to insist on these 4 teams fielding.

If Tecconaught and Drumaness both win then Tecconnaught are promoted on a better scoring difference in their two head to head matches.

6.36 Leagues may be organised on a single or double round basis. The Regulations outlined in Rule 6.20 in relation to a League Part of a Championship shall apply to League Competitions. Where a double round League is played, the combined scores of the two games shall be taken into account when applying clause 5(c)(i) of that Rule.

6.20 Except where provided for otherwise in County Bye-Law or in Competition Regulation, when Teams finish with equal points for qualification for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:
(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two Teams in the previous game in the Competition;
(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);

Tecconaught win by +4 scoring difference as both won one match each.

anduna (Down) - Posts: 210 - 15/09/2013 19:19:33    1482485

Link

Forgot to add on last post. Sorry.

What if Dromara do not field against Drumaness (out of spite !!!!!!!!! - i hope it will not degenerate to this) and Ardglass do not field (as most think) then Tecconaught are promoted.

What would County board have to say to Dromara who are IN the championship draw tomorrow night and who most definitely will field and play their semi final whenever it is?

This is so funny it is almost unbelievable.

anduna (Down) - Posts: 210 - 15/09/2013 19:41:27    1482511

Link

I wonder do the CB have another by-law which stipulates that scoring difference and head to head doesn't come into it and it goes straight to a play off. They appear to have different rules for senior and intermediate than the unforgotten of junior football. CB has been wrong in so many other things over the years. We all await. Will Teconnaught change their fixture with Ardglass as Ardglass have a lot of soccer players ? Don't think so.

respectfairplay (Down) - Posts: 23 - 15/09/2013 21:45:38    1482626

Link

ANDUNA

This is the next round of fixtures for this weekend. And you are correct Dromara v Drumaness game requires to be fixed, question is when ? If fixed for before the Championship I cant see Dromara playing full strength

21.09.13 (Sat)

Round 22

Aughlisnafin V Dromara

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Annsborough

Referee: Gabriel Tumilty

Round 22

Aghaderg V Ballykinlar

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Aghaderg

Referee: TBC

Round 22

Teconnaught V Ardglass

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Teconnaught

Referee: Martin Rawlinson

Round 22

Mitchels V St Paul's

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Mitchels

EIREANNACH (Down) - Posts: 241 - 16/09/2013 09:08:57    1482654

Link

Go into the website - Down Competitions - Football - Fixtures - Senior - Div 3 (then scroll down listings - it is just above round 22 fixtures)

anduna (Down) - Posts: 210 - 16/09/2013 09:47:39    1482682

Link

TBC
Round 2

DROMARA V ST COLMAN'S DRUMANESS

Time: TBC , Venue: Dromara

21.09.13 (Sat)
Round 22

AUGHLISNAFIN V DROMARA

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Annsborough

Referee: Gabriel Tumilty

Round 22

AGHADERG V BALLYKINLAR

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Aghaderg

Round 22

TECONNAUGHT V ARDGLASS

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Teconnaught

Referee: Martin Rawlinson

Round 22

MITCHELS V ST PAUL'S

Time: 4 00 PM , Venue: Mitchels

anduna (Down) - Posts: 210 - 16/09/2013 09:49:22    1482686

Link

Respectfulgaa this ones for you. you are saying about teconnaught not going to change a GAA match because ardglass wont be able to field a team because the majority of their players play a foreign sport (soccer) it is their own choice not to play gaa. Teconnaught have never asked for a game to be re-arranged due to soccer and will not accommodate those teams wanting to do so.

gaacct (Down) - Posts: 3 - 16/09/2013 16:15:30    1483053

Link

Anduna, your last post confirms my original impressions (they say first impressions are rarely wrong)- your overly exhuberant rantings remind me of an excited child on Xmas morning - wise up!

Glad to hear that the JFC is now back on track with the CB deciding not to appeal the UC determination. Congratulations to Dromara on their semi-final spot but you have to feel for Drumaness - its no doubt a blow to them to be out of the Championship.

Good luck to the four semi-finalits and may the best team win.

dundeal (Down) - Posts: 27 - 16/09/2013 16:50:42    1483104

Link