Westmeath Forum

Íarmhí TV

(Oldest Posts First)

What are people's thoughts re the service so far ?
I think's it's been fairly good - quality of picture etc quite good.
Commentary some better than others but in fairness live TV is no cake walk.
Good to have team sheets, pre match interviews with managers etc.
I do think they've missed a trick re pricing and the potential for weekend tickets.
All 4 SFC quarter finals are being streamed this weekend but at a tenner each ?
As far I can see most other counties are charging a fiver.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 701 - 27/08/2020 11:18:25    2289334

Link

Big issue is the pricing and the lack of a weekend pass. Paying double than all our neighbouring counties per game already and then pay the same for another game. Would happily pay 20/25 for a pass top see all this weekends games. Really should have brought this in as an option when spectators were no longer allowed

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 252 - 27/08/2020 16:19:34    2289384

Link

hi lads can someone tell me how to access it thanks

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - Posts: 1245 - 27/08/2020 17:20:17    2289394

Link

Service is good but pricing is a joke alright.

Offaly have all games for €5, Roscommon have each game for €6 and all 8 for €30 this weekend. That's two neighbouring counties. As far as I can see most counties have games for a fiver. I think they actually would have made more money if they had offered a more reasonable price or a weekend pass too. I'd imagine people would pay €20/25 knowing that they will see 4 or 5 games but might only pay for their own club's game when it's a tenner per game.

anon (None) - Posts: 335 - 27/08/2020 17:31:51    2289395

Link

https://www.247.tv/gaa

If this doesn't appears as a link go to westmeath gaa and link is on top right.
Just register in advance with email and password.
Can pay as you go per game via paypal or card.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 701 - 27/08/2020 18:14:27    2289407

Link

I think given that this service that was announced quickly it is pretty good. Sure it could be polished up a bit but the quality is decent. I'd be curious to see the viewing figures. How do we compare with neighboring counties?
The per match price is too high (5-6 euro would be spot on) and a weekend pass is definitely something that should be considered. But overall you are probably not out of pocket considering the other expenses you have when travelling to a match.

Juniorbleague (Westmeath) - Posts: 32 - 28/08/2020 13:49:20    2289498

Link

I have tried now twice to watch games on iarmhi TV, Tpass v Shandonagh and last nights intermediate game . It kept pausing on me , very poor

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 123 - 29/08/2020 15:42:20    2289671

Link

Westmeath one is good folks albeit 10 euro game steep.but been watching few games good standard overall.package for games in my own county good value.but quality of camera work not as good.analysis pretty poor 4 5 lads talking about lot rubbish at times on it.

Borderroyal (Meath) - Posts: 261 - 02/09/2020 16:10:34    2290227

Link

Replying To Borderroyal:  "Westmeath one is good folks albeit 10 euro game steep.but been watching few games good standard overall.package for games in my own county good value.but quality of camera work not as good.analysis pretty poor 4 5 lads talking about lot rubbish at times on it."
Overall I think Iarmhi TV is a positive step in the right direction.

My feedback is:

- Pricing is too high @ €10 per game compared to other county services.
- The quality of the video feed is average, not particularly smooth and should be higher resolution given the pricing.
- The webpage and signup looks ancient but it is functional.
- The stream did not drop once on me and I'd feel comfortable to rely on it in future.

gedupoutofit (Westmeath) - Posts: 86 - 09/09/2020 13:50:00    2291296

Link

Iarmhi tv is not a reliable option unless you have good broadband, i live in the country and it keeps pausing and has to be refreshed every 5 minutes. There is one commentator there that clearly knows very little about the teams apart from lomans and mullingar, but I suppose we are asking to much to have everything right

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 123 - 09/09/2020 17:01:52    2291330

Link

I see Iarmhi TV doing both double headers this weekend for a tenner for two games. Great to see some deals with matches at last but package deals should have been done since they started streaming at the start of the championship

mintyfresh (Westmeath) - Posts: 55 - 21/09/2020 21:50:20    2293476

Link

Replying To mintyfresh:  "I see Iarmhi TV doing both double headers this weekend for a tenner for two games. Great to see some deals with matches at last but package deals should have been done since they started streaming at the start of the championship"
And about time too. While it is a very welcome development, the season is over in two weeks.

The could have offered individual games for €10 with the option of a weekend bundle for €15/€20. I'm sure most fans would have had no qualms with that.

gedupoutofit (Westmeath) - Posts: 86 - 22/09/2020 12:17:52    2293544

Link

Replying To gedupoutofit:  "And about time too. While it is a very welcome development, the season is over in two weeks.

The could have offered individual games for €10 with the option of a weekend bundle for €15/€20. I'm sure most fans would have had no qualms with that."
Are we getting the same deal this weekend? I must say that the coverage of the football finals was decent. Production a little amaturish at times and there seemed to be sound issues for some of the interviews. Didn't catch a word Ger Heavin said. I would have liked to hear his take on the game. Great to have it as an option when crowds are restricted all the same. A lot better than following the Twitter feed.

fizzygravy (USA) - Posts: 111 - 30/09/2020 13:34:30    2294886

Link