Tyrone Forum

Micky Harte

(Oldest Posts First)

I would like to wish Micky Harte all the best on his retirement from the Tyrone Senior football team. He must be a legend up there in Tyrone as he is a respect person all over Ireland. Hold your head up high Sir you earned your break.
As senior groundsman of Breiffni Park I had the pleasure of meeting with you and your lovely daughter Michaela many times. I have to say that you respected everyone around you and those of us that had the pleasure of meeting with you .
Many true supporters of the game will be very grateful for what you gave Tyrone and the game through your good times and adversity.
Enjoy your break Sir but knowing you this will be hard. Try and sit back and relax for a change.

Respect
Is mise Sean O'Rinn

The Quiet Man (Cavan) - Posts: 4601 - 13/11/2020 21:53:31    2308537

Link

A a Kerryman I would like to wish Mickey Hartwell a very happy retirement. He brought many happy days to Tyrone football and even in lean times were always contenders. Will go down in history as of of the greats.

CiarraiMick (Dublin) - Posts: 2707 - 13/11/2020 22:07:00    2308546

Link

Replying To The Quiet Man:  "I would like to wish Micky Harte all the best on his retirement from the Tyrone Senior football team. He must be a legend up there in Tyrone as he is a respect person all over Ireland. Hold your head up high Sir you earned your break.
As senior groundsman of Breiffni Park I had the pleasure of meeting with you and your lovely daughter Michaela many times. I have to say that you respected everyone around you and those of us that had the pleasure of meeting with you .
Many true supporters of the game will be very grateful for what you gave Tyrone and the game through your good times and adversity.
Enjoy your break Sir but knowing you this will be hard. Try and sit back and relax for a change.

Respect
Is mise Sean O'Rinn"
There , thats big news alright, Ididdent know the man , but always liked his stile on the sideline, no roaring or shouting or any of that carry on, Some Tyrone supporters have being calling for him to go for a number of years now, Its one thing letting him go, The real problem is who replaces him, one thing for sure , there will be plenty of teams knocking his door

germac (Down) - Posts: 329 - 13/11/2020 22:39:48    2308560

Link

Best wishes to Mickey Harte and his family going forward. A legendary manager who changed the GAA fortunes of an entire county. A manager comes along every now and then that pushes the standards in preparation, tactical awareness and drive and Mickey was certainly one of those.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 10804 - 14/11/2020 10:21:24    2308619

Link

I would like to offer best wishes to Mickey on his retirement. Mickey is a legend in his own lifetime and a gentleman on and off the pitch. Have always been a supporter of Mickey and Tyrone apart from the many times they beat our own county. Thank You Mickey

gaasport (Longford) - Posts: 13 - 15/11/2020 11:02:46    2309063

Link

Great admiration for Mickey Harte. He got Tyrone to be able to take on a very strong Kerry team as equals rather than playing within themselves as many other counties tended to do when faced by the Kingdom at the time (ourselves included). Unfortunately he didn't have the same quality at his disposal to be able to repeat the trick with the Dubs, but he showed what can be achieved when a side isn't overawed by reputation alone.

Pericles (Mayo) - Posts: 2449 - 27/11/2020 20:02:20    2316014

Link