Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Football 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Was anyone here down at the Waterford game last night?

Seemed a shakey start but at least they got over the line. Did they use the mark much?

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 1113 - 26/01/2020 13:14:19    2262469

Link

Game on Sunday is moved from Kilmallock to Rathkeale makes no sense to me, why not move it to the Gaelic Rounds before the hurling give supporters a chance to watch both games, stupid decision really there is no way you would make the hurling on time if you wanted to go the football too.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 791 - 28/01/2020 10:28:12    2263138

Link

As far as I know the camogie league match is on before the hurling. I'd love to see the footballers but I'll be going along to support he camogie team in their stead. Its unfortunate the football isnt on Saturday evening - GAA should be doing what they can to accomodate supporters of both codes.

McFan88 (Limerick) - Posts: 436 - 29/01/2020 09:56:12    2263415

Link

The idea of Camogie been on the Hurlers days is after all they are the female version of Hurling and theres a lot of family/Club cross overs from a hurling/Camogie perspective which is fair enough as many of the camogie target audience for more underage camogie participation point of view attend Limerick Hurling games .

Perhaps the footballers should have double headers with the ladies Football from a similar angle .

OpenStand (Limerick) - Posts: 303 - 29/01/2020 11:08:04    2263440

Link

Camogie on After the Hurling
The Tipperary senior team will launch their Littlewood's Ireland National Camogie League division one campaign on Sunday, February 2 against Limerick at the LIT Gaelic Grounds in Limerick (throw-in 4pm) - this clash will form the second part of a double header; Limerick will take on Galway in division 1A of the Allianz National Hurling League at 2pm at the same venue on Sunday.

ger79ie (Limerick) - Posts: 173 - 29/01/2020 12:40:37    2263475

Link

Best of luck to Limerick football team against London on Sunday!

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 637 - 31/01/2020 23:23:04    2264099

Link

Congrats Limerick,nice to win even by the minimum.

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 637 - 02/02/2020 15:48:42    2264467

Link

Great to be 2 from 2 but luck was rode against what will probably be the bottom 2 in this league

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 1113 - 02/02/2020 16:53:00    2264500

Link

Big game the weekend. Carlow were well beaten by Wexford last weekend and just about beat wicklow in round 1.
If Limerick are to improve from last year this is a must win fixture. If Limerick win we will be in the mix with Sligo,Antrim,Wexford for promotion spots.

OpenStand (Limerick) - Posts: 303 - 07/02/2020 09:30:25    2265875

Link

Replying To OpenStand:  "Big game the weekend. Carlow were well beaten by Wexford last weekend and just about beat wicklow in round 1.
If Limerick are to improve from last year this is a must win fixture. If Limerick win we will be in the mix with Sligo,Antrim,Wexford for promotion spots."
Agree - this will define the rest of the league, win and we're in the mix, lose and the feeling would be more of the same that we've seen over the last few years. Surprised at the Carlow margin of loss last week afet a good couple of years they seem to have fallen back a bit. Still, they'd fancy Limerick at home as a must win.

McFan88 (Limerick) - Posts: 436 - 07/02/2020 10:21:39    2265891

Link

Best of luck Limerick,strong defensively so far,another narrow margin victory will do!

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 637 - 07/02/2020 22:09:24    2266040

Link

Best of luck to the Limerick footballers hopefully win we can make it 3 wins from 3, good to see Sean O'Dea back on the bench good players to have in the back line. I can't make the game today but will keep an eye on the score.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 791 - 09/02/2020 13:06:46    2266317

Link

Great result,congrats Limerick,another 0ne point win....well done lads!

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 637 - 09/02/2020 15:49:50    2266374

Link

Great win. Fair play to all involved.
Hopefully a big push for promotion now.

hamstring (Limerick) - Posts: 314 - 09/02/2020 15:57:25    2266384

Link

Yeah a great result when it looked like the game was gone. Although Carlow played with 14 men for along time until Limerick had a man sent off as well. That is something that needs to be rectified, that is the 3rd time we've had a player sent off this year and it will cost us unless cut out.

Still though to win away again is impressive, that is 6 wins in a row for Limerick and confidence must be high. I can't remember the last time we've had this good of a start to a year. Wicklow at home next is not a gimme but very winnable. 2 tough away games after that also to come but they've given themselves a real chance of promotion now.

county man (Limerick) - Posts: 1092 - 09/02/2020 16:28:24    2266410

Link

who was red-carded today county man..??

hamstring (Limerick) - Posts: 314 - 09/02/2020 18:32:10    2266484

Link

Replying To hamstring:  "who was red-carded today county man..??"
Tommy Griffin....2 yellow cards

county man (Limerick) - Posts: 1092 - 09/02/2020 19:48:37    2266531

Link

Well done Limerick footballers on yesterday's win top of the league hopefully a push for promotion on the cards.

Disappointing news from the Limerick Leader this morning Jamie Lee is heading to Australia this week, he will be a big loss in the forward line but if I was Billy Lee I would be telling Hugh Bourke to step-up he is more than capable of filling the void left by Jamie's departure.

Next up Wicklow in 2 weeks and I'm going to have to criticise the county board again for letting the hurling and football fixtures clash again. The hurlers are in Cork on the 23rd at 2pm and the footballers are on the same time in Rathkeale. The county board don't seem to have interest in promoting football, the hurling game against Cork would nearly be of national interest and is probably fixed to suit television which is fair but surely a deal with Wicklow could be arranged to play the football the Saturday evening, even if the footballers get an extra 100 supporters to the game it would be worth it. Cork footballers are on the Saturday evening in thurlas, other counties like Galway, Dublin and even Clare and Kerry don't have their hurlers and footballers clashing. Hopefully someone will see common sense and not let this happen.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 791 - 10/02/2020 10:53:49    2266726

Link

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "Well done Limerick footballers on yesterday's win top of the league hopefully a push for promotion on the cards.

Disappointing news from the Limerick Leader this morning Jamie Lee is heading to Australia this week, he will be a big loss in the forward line but if I was Billy Lee I would be telling Hugh Bourke to step-up he is more than capable of filling the void left by Jamie's departure.

Next up Wicklow in 2 weeks and I'm going to have to criticise the county board again for letting the hurling and football fixtures clash again. The hurlers are in Cork on the 23rd at 2pm and the footballers are on the same time in Rathkeale. The county board don't seem to have interest in promoting football, the hurling game against Cork would nearly be of national interest and is probably fixed to suit television which is fair but surely a deal with Wicklow could be arranged to play the football the Saturday evening, even if the footballers get an extra 100 supporters to the game it would be worth it. Cork footballers are on the Saturday evening in thurlas, other counties like Galway, Dublin and even Clare and Kerry don't have their hurlers and footballers clashing. Hopefully someone will see common sense and not let this happen."
Fantastic win by the footballers again. I must admit I'm a very poor football supporter. Have to agree the clash is a pity. GAA should be playing double headers as much as possible. Not feasible in this case I know but was on the cards two weeks ago. The Camogie was on after the hurling and unfortunately for the girls only a handful of supporters stayed for it. Would have been great to have a triple header with Camogie, Hurling and football on at 4pm. All would teams would have benefited from support in that situation.

To make matters worse, the 23rd v Cork, it's clashing with Ire V England triple crown game. Will be a shame missing that.

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 294 - 10/02/2020 21:22:37    2266905

Link

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "Well done Limerick footballers on yesterday's win top of the league hopefully a push for promotion on the cards.

Next up Wicklow in 2 weeks and I'm going to have to criticise the county board again for letting the hurling and football fixtures clash again. The hurlers are in Cork on the 23rd at 2pm and the footballers are on the same time in Rathkeale. The county board don't seem to have interest in promoting football, the hurling game against Cork would nearly be of national interest and is probably fixed to suit television which is fair but surely a deal with Wicklow could be arranged to play the football the Saturday evening, even if the footballers get an extra 100 supporters to the game it would be worth it. Cork footballers are on the Saturday evening in thurlas, other counties like Galway, Dublin and even Clare and Kerry don't have their hurlers and footballers clashing. Hopefully someone will see common sense and not let this happen."
Yep, you're spot on DualSupport, surely they could have moved the football to Saturday. I think we know where the priorities lie though, which was made obvious with the footballers rise and the dual players issue in the 2000's.

Making the footballers play a league match on an astro pitch a few years ago was the lowest point.

This shouldn't be a hurlers vs footballers issue, we are proud of our hurlers but the county board should be making more of an effort to encourage both codes. There are many people in the county who want to support both teams.

county man (Limerick) - Posts: 1092 - 10/02/2020 22:11:52    2266921

Link