Fermanagh Forum

Fermanagh Club Championships 2013

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Some of your repsonses to this guys are laughable and its evident that Rosea's achievements over the last number of years is starting to get your backs up. Most evident is the Irvinestown poster that obviously used his 3 accounts to have a conversation with himself in an attempt to convince himself of his argument!! haha, only in fermanagh eh!!

The bottom line is lads as stated by several above, no rules have been broken, those who played were fully entitled to do so. Even with a full strength team again as stated roslea weren't guaranteed to beat belcoo (Senior championship finalists and potential countychampions) so to those skea, kinawley people (although i think its just one irvinestown poster) you need to recognise that, everyone seems to persume roslea would have beat belcoo with a full team, show a bit of respect to belcoo people!!

Those calling for the county board to "do something" will be disapointed, you have not a leg to stand on!!

All the best to both teams in the final. Would love my neighbouring club to do it again but equally Belcoo deserve a title. Let's just hope the quality does Fermanagh football justice.

fermanagh4sam (Fermanagh) - Posts: 48 - 03/10/2013 16:45:24    1494705

Link

There has been lots of debate about the now infamous belcoo roslea game both in the media, clubs and and at a number of games I've been at recently. Anyone I've spoken to agrees that what happened was very wrong and did football in the county a great disservice but most agree also that nothing can be done. I suppose it's the win at all costs mentality that has become so common in the gaa in recent years and any sense of gaa values are being lost. Does anyone know if a "senior" team ever failed to score in a fermanagh senior league game before ?

gaeelforce15 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 24 - 03/10/2013 20:07:51    1494914

Link

fermanagh4sam you will get your answer on Sunday at Brewster Park!

IrvinestownMkII (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1383 - 04/10/2013 11:56:28    1495308

Link

Belcoo will win at a canter. Some big figures in Roslea are injury doubts and belcoo seem to be in great condition with plenty of county and ex county players fit to match the so called Roslea 'big hitters'.

Hill_hound (Fermanagh) - Posts: 43 - 04/10/2013 20:17:34    1495912

Link

Roslea's fielding of weak team was bad enough (however 90% of teams would have done same),however the awarding of 2 point to Belcoo from their game against Derrygonnelly which was re fixed by ccc,was a bigger kick in the teeth. Neither team fielded or gave in team list to a referee so under rules;
6.42 (c) (i) Failure to provide a list of Players as specified in
Rule:

Penalty:
On an Inquiry by the Committee-in-Charge -
Forfeiture of Game, without Award to the Opposing
Team
, or Fine, depending on the circumstances.

Thought that even if one team conceded the other had to take the field to get the points.

TheGreen (Fermanagh) - Posts: 7 - 06/10/2013 11:43:50    1496499

Link

Roslea <<<<< tick tock...tick tock...don't how you breath!

IrvinestownMkII (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1383 - 06/10/2013 13:51:48    1496552

Link

Roslea are 2013 SFC champions! Roslea 1-12 Belcoo 1-9 so shamgael and others take a running jump!

abc1234 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 390 - 06/10/2013 16:58:33    1496648

Link

That will put Belcoo back in their box, it's a long road has no turn!!!!

ferm13 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 18 - 06/10/2013 17:06:47    1496654

Link

First of all I want to congratulate our Enniskillen Gaels u16 champions who were simply outstanding yesterday and this adds to the Gaels silverware of our intermediate champions 2013!
In yesterday's senior championship Roslea edged victory after a missed penalty by Belcoo who deserve praise for their rise after a poor start to the season. Refereeing seemed too sharp and penalised Belcoo more than the Roslea cowboys who provoked the humpties into stupid fouling at times. If it wasn't obvious before, it was yesterday that Roslea are primarily a one man show as without their key forward they wouldn't have achieved much this season. I fear for their forthcoming ulster club challenge as it takes more than one man to progress in this championship.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 758 - 07/10/2013 09:38:29    1496865

Link

Congrats to Roslea on their victory y-day, overall I think it was deserved. Commiserations to belcoo however, they put in an honest shifty and maybe on another day they could have got a little closer. I think the comment above about 'putting belcoo back in their box' is uncalled for. No one from Belcoo came on here or anywhere else shouting off, that was reserved to people from Irvinestown and Enniskillen and from what I seen at the match they were courteous in defeat. Belcoo as a team have done themselves proud this year, they've shown that the cliché it's not how you start its how you finish to be true.

As for those Enniskillen/Irvinestown folk et al claiming Roslea are a one man show then then this shows a couple of things. Firstly it shows a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to football in general and it also shows a disrespect to every other team in the county. Apparently by your logic one man has beat every team in Fermaangh by themselves for this past 4 years,lol... really...listen to yourself!! To win 3 championships in near as many years takes an awesome team. Just take the final y-da for example. The Quigleys showing their talent in the forward line, Sherry showing he's still got with a MOTM performance IMO taking I think 9 - 10 clean catches in the 2nd half alone, in the defence conor Quigley storming up the field setting up attack after attack with Niall Cassidy being the usual rock and bear in mind Roslea lost their most experienced defender in the first 5 minutes in Peter Sherry. Then you look to their goalkeeper, who saves more penalties than he lets in whilst possessing deadly accurate kickouts. There are others here I have not mentioned that have stepped up to the plate over the years, Nige Cosgrove, Liam Lynch (absent this year) and Marty Renfew the breaking ball hoover...

Those who continue to believe Roslea are a one man team only do disservice to teams who come up against them and to themselves as they'll never beat Roslea believing all they have to do is stop "one" man!!

Best of Luck to Roslea in Ulster, they'll need to step it up on t-day quite abit if they want to progress but it's comforting knowing that they only played to about 60% of their ability of a championship final and still won a shade cosily.

fermanagh4sam (Fermanagh) - Posts: 48 - 07/10/2013 15:13:05    1497158

Link

The final yesterday was not a bad game at all Belcoo did not bring their shooting boots. Missed at least one goal in the first half as well at least six points. Should have went in at half with a lead of at least six points. Two great saves by McGrath one in each half were outstanding The second one was unreal. The pen was poorly taken but I feel Roslea would have rally-ed and went on to win. James Sherry at mid field was by far the best man on the pitch The display of fielding was a delight to see the use of the ball and the commitment that he give was a credit to him and his team How he did not get man of the match was a strange one to say the least.
Think its time to end Enniskillen selling the half time ticket on the way into the match. They 'light' on you like beggars looking for a few coins in a city center!!

gola (Fermanagh) - Posts: 305 - 07/10/2013 16:28:48    1497250

Link

i agree with gola its time the gaels club caught themselves on the say that the have only one fundraising draw all year the are fundraising all year with there half time draw tickets catch yourselves on

squareball2 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 191 - 07/10/2013 17:17:01    1497303

Link