Dublin Forum

Mayo Battle Cry - Take over the Hill

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Rather than replying to your posts individually, I'll do so in one post.

1. Yup, snared misrepresenting his post. Don't you think the fact that he's said that he'd be inclined to let the Dubs have the Hill, all things being equal, has some relevance to this discussion? To omit that line is to give a differing impression of what he wrote. Kinda draws your bona fides into question.

2. I didn't write that you found anything offensive, I wrote that most of the posts on that thread "...aren't even mildly offensive". Take your time now, wouldn't want you to misread anything again.

3. For someone who's amused, your tone smells of high dudgeon.

4. Re Jimbo's posts, it may not have worked last time, but Dublin scraped by Mayo with both teams playing poorly, so you could make an argument that their performance may have been affected slightly. Taking the Hill before the semi-final in 2006 certainly did work though...

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1805 - 30/08/2016 17:58:17    1908277

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "Rather than replying to your posts individually, I'll do so in one post.

1. Yup, snared misrepresenting his post. Don't you think the fact that he's said that he'd be inclined to let the Dubs have the Hill, all things being equal, has some relevance to this discussion? To omit that line is to give a differing impression of what he wrote. Kinda draws your bona fides into question.

2. I didn't write that you found anything offensive, I wrote that most of the posts on that thread "...aren't even mildly offensive". Take your time now, wouldn't want you to misread anything again.

3. For someone who's amused, your tone smells of high dudgeon.

4. Re Jimbo's posts, it may not have worked last time, but Dublin scraped by Mayo with both teams playing poorly, so you could make an argument that their performance may have been affected slightly. Taking the Hill before the semi-final in 2006 certainly did work though..."
1. I referenced the part of his comment I found relevant to my post. But you go ahead and pick one post that you think I've 'misrepresented' (out of the ever growing number of posts) about Mayo taking over the Hill. The whole thing is still funny! That along with the various chants that are being made up to drown us out makes it even more entertaining.

2. Why even refer to anything being offensive? I wasn't offened by any of the posts so why mention it? The only person that sounds offended here is you which goes to show you're probably on the defensive because your fellow countymen are yet again embarrassing themselves in the lead up to a final. No surprise there.

3. Still highly amused. Even more so since you started responding to me. Keep it up. please!

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 30/08/2016 19:04:34    1908305

Link

1. I read that forum regularly and remembered Yew Tree's post, given that he posts here quite a bit. If I get the time to go through all 80+ posts again this evening to point out further selective editing on your part then I will. But most of the posts there are to the effect that Mayo need to make the most of every little advantage they can get, including matching the Dubs in terms of volume. Hardly Pythonesque absurdity. I don't see many posts indicating that halving the Hill alone will win Sam for us.

2. Good one. Check out my recent posts on the main forum and on the Mayo page- I've said more than once that I don't think Mayo will win. However, neither does that mean that Dublin will hammer us out the gate, given recent history between the sides. Seeing as Dublin didn't manage to embarrass us in the league with half of our panel missing, I'd be surprised if it happened in three weeks' time. But time will tell. I see very little to be embarrassed about on that entire thread apart from one very offensive chant about Dubs (which few people there endorsed).

3. Good man, you've a unique sense of merriment anyway.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1805 - 31/08/2016 11:01:17    1908571

Link

Will be a sea of Blue as always, there will be a few Mayo fans in there who likely wish they hadn't by then end of the day. Hill season tickets alone will mean their will be very few of them, yet brave souls.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3684 - 05/09/2016 11:16:26    1910145

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Will be a sea of Blue as always, there will be a few Mayo fans in there who likely wish they hadn't by then end of the day. Hill season tickets alone will mean their will be very few of them, yet brave souls."
Unless the Mayo fans swap their Hill tickets for stand, as a lot of counties supporters tend to do, then there could well be quiet a few Mayo supporters on the Hill. I saw it somewhere earlier that each Senior club in Mayo will get 50 , Inter clubs 40 and Junior 30 terrace/Hill tickets. They will get a similar allocation to Dublin as a competing finalist, the only 'extras' we will get over and above that amount will be the Hill season tickets we have. I don't think any other County offers a season terrace ticket.
That said we will always pick up more Hill as the matches approach because of the number of supporters from the other finalists, especially the minor Counties involved that will swap hill for stand either personally or at County board level before tickets are ever issued to clubs.

AHP (Dublin) - Posts: 323 - 05/09/2016 12:50:49    1910201

Link