Monaghan Forum

Monaghan In The Qualifiers!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ginelli:  "Busy time for Boyle then if he's marking all 3 of them!!!

Confusing time for Carey too if he's going to be a main scoring threat or benched !!
On a serious note in answer to another query seating is unreserved on Saturday"
thank you .

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 172 - 18/06/2019 20:18:35    2197287

Link

Replying To seanie08:  "Kerr is the only one who has left the panel could see adding something. Monaghan are out of form at the minute facing an attacking Armagh side. Take them on in a shootout be only one winner based on form this summer. Id expect malachy to bring the blanket big time for this one frustrate Armagh and hopefully pick them off enough. It won't be pretty but it doesn't have to be. Monaghan badly need a good start in this one as they won't chase this Armagh team down without conceding too many."
he is the only one that left full stop and it was not due to bad feeling or anything like that.

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 172 - 18/06/2019 20:20:22    2197291

Link

Replying To moodoo:  "Not too hard to infer 'divided camp' from the fact we've had several panel members walk away. As to how deep the divisions go after that, who knows. Combined with injuries, it meant we were down to only having 20 players at training just before the Cavan game I believe. IMO Barry Kerr was treated badly by management, and I wouldn't blame him for leaving. Whether that has left a sour taste, or something else? I guess it will all come out eventually."
McAdam & Darren Hughes (unfortunately as it turns out) prepared to act as Maor Uisce for Fermangh game an indication of good spirit in the camp. Players not getting a game & team not performing at it's best will always be a focal point for some tension in the camp.
But that's the way it should be.
Both players & management have to critically look at their individual contributions plus those of their team mates on the field. Tactics should be questioned......all for the common good !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 171 - 18/06/2019 20:29:02    2197300

Link

Replying To farneygael:  "he is the only one that left full stop and it was not due to bad feeling or anything like that."
That is simply not true, Barry Kerr along with the two Gartlan Brothers and John McCarron all left the panel. Not saying they would add a lot but they have left the panel. And anyone who thinks Barry Kerr has left because of his studies needs their head checked. For me I don't think he should have left as he got the most game time of any young players in the league.

CurlyFingers (Monaghan) - Posts: 50 - 18/06/2019 22:41:31    2197370

Link

Replying To footininja:  "Does anyone know if the game is televised"
I thought Sky were scheduled to show a game this Saturday. I know the Munster final is on RTE. But definitely Sky had a round 2 qualifier on their schedule.

Sterling1984 (Monaghan) - Posts: 4 - 19/06/2019 13:34:44    2197577

Link

Replying To Sterling1984:  "I thought Sky were scheduled to show a game this Saturday. I know the Munster final is on RTE. But definitely Sky had a round 2 qualifier on their schedule."
I think it's stipulated that Sky cannot show game at same time as RTE ...in this case the Munster Final so can't show Monaghan - Armagh !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 171 - 19/06/2019 18:54:40    2197712

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "I think it's stipulated that Sky cannot show game at same time as RTE ...in this case the Munster Final so can't show Monaghan - Armagh !"
I suspect that even if our game kicked off at 5pm, you would need the D'hondt system to settle the fact that one venue would need to accomodate Sky the evening before BBCNI/RTE the following day.

Knoxboya (Monaghan) - Posts: 286 - 19/06/2019 20:17:54    2197729

Link

Hearing that darren hughes 8 week ban remains in place and that it may even start from last night 19th june because of appeal. Not much justice there.

thehut (Monaghan) - Posts: 32 - 20/06/2019 07:53:00    2197823

Link

The lack of decent online streaming of games really bothers me.. whats the point in gaa go? its just a stupid service that mirrors whats on tv. Monaghan vrs Armagh is a potentially great contest that'll interest supporters from all over especially mayo, tyrone, kildare, derry etc...does anyone care about the munster final??

MalsBalls (Monaghan) - Posts: 104 - 20/06/2019 09:10:45    2197832

Link

Maybe you can watch it on Armagh TV?

Farney (Monaghan) - Posts: 739 - 20/06/2019 10:36:20    2197856

Link

Replying To thehut:  "Hearing that darren hughes 8 week ban remains in place and that it may even start from last night 19th june because of appeal. Not much justice there."
Didn't think he'd get it overturned, but how can you be further punished for making an appeal by delaying the start of the ban???

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 372 - 20/06/2019 10:39:13    2197857

Link

Replying To thehut:  "Hearing that darren hughes 8 week ban remains in place and that it may even start from last night 19th june because of appeal. Not much justice there."
That's absolutely shocking... I was at the match and when he jumped in first, I was worried that he might get in trouble but it was plane that he was purely in a peace making role, so I thought nothing would come of it... it must be soul destroying for a guy like Darren who gave so much from the start of the year to be out of contention now in the summer unless Monaghan reach the semi's again, which I can't see happening this year without him. Monaghan may as well bring it to a higher level now to get some justice .. DRA ? nothing to lose

SouthMonMan (Monaghan) - Posts: 68 - 20/06/2019 11:58:19    2197899

Link

Replying To SouthMonMan:  "That's absolutely shocking... I was at the match and when he jumped in first, I was worried that he might get in trouble but it was plane that he was purely in a peace making role, so I thought nothing would come of it... it must be soul destroying for a guy like Darren who gave so much from the start of the year to be out of contention now in the summer unless Monaghan reach the semi's again, which I can't see happening this year without him. Monaghan may as well bring it to a higher level now to get some justice .. DRA ? nothing to lose"
He stupidly broke the Golden Rule & now he's paying for it...I was directly opposite when it happened ! However, 2 months is very harsh....he didn't strike anybody & if he takes it further may get it reduced to 1 month...whether that's any good to our county team is with the Gods !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 171 - 20/06/2019 13:44:55    2197960

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "He stupidly broke the Golden Rule & now he's paying for it...I was directly opposite when it happened ! However, 2 months is very harsh....he didn't strike anybody & if he takes it further may get it reduced to 1 month...whether that's any good to our county team is with the Gods !"
Had a bad feeling leaving that game the GAA would throw the book at him. It's the one thing they take seriously is a non playing member entering the field and getting involved with players. Of course it is harsh compared to some of the stuff they have let go recently from players but Darren is experienced enough and round long enough to know he was in big trouble after that incident. Unfortunately he won't see action this summer unless we show big improvement in form.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1472 - 20/06/2019 20:27:22    2198115

Link

Replying To seanie08:  "Had a bad feeling leaving that game the GAA would throw the book at him. It's the one thing they take seriously is a non playing member entering the field and getting involved with players. Of course it is harsh compared to some of the stuff they have let go recently from players but Darren is experienced enough and round long enough to know he was in big trouble after that incident. Unfortunately he won't see action this summer unless we show big improvement in form."
If the case goes to the DRA. I believe it will be thrown out. The case has to go before the appeals commitee before the DRA. Most cases never succeed in the first two stages of appeal.

I believe Darren will get his ban overturned if they get a good Barrister.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1841 - 20/06/2019 22:21:28    2198148

Link

Replying To shaggylegend:  "If the case goes to the DRA. I believe it will be thrown out. The case has to go before the appeals commitee before the DRA. Most cases never succeed in the first two stages of appeal.

I believe Darren will get his ban overturned if they get a good Barrister."
What grounds do you think they have for getting it overturned?

TheGreatRambo (Monaghan) - Posts: 70 - 21/06/2019 11:42:50    2198257

Link

Replying To TheGreatRambo:  "What grounds do you think they have for getting it overturned?"
It's hard to know. On a few occasions defence teams have argued that the law of the land supersedes the gaa rule book and been successful. The argument has to be he stepped onto the pitch to protect a team mate, I'm sure the fact Darren never struck despite being attacked and punched by Fermanagh players, they will argue he showed great restraint.

The DRA was brought in to stop gaa disciplinary proceedings going to the High Court.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1841 - 21/06/2019 13:04:15    2198280

Link

Crazy to think armagh havent beaten Monaghan since 2006. Will be interesting to see if armagh go defensive or set up openly. There forwards definitely can hurt Monaghan but Monaghan to have the ability to hurt armagh. I think it will be a defensive cagey game similar to fermanagh game. Monaghan's key players seem to be out of form and there previously tight defensive system seems to be missing a spark. I think it will ultimately come down to what big players step up on either side.

222 (UK) - Posts: 520 - 21/06/2019 13:10:13    2198281

Link

Replying To shaggylegend:  "It's hard to know. On a few occasions defence teams have argued that the law of the land supersedes the gaa rule book and been successful. The argument has to be he stepped onto the pitch to protect a team mate, I'm sure the fact Darren never struck despite being attacked and punched by Fermanagh players, they will argue he showed great restraint.

The DRA was brought in to stop gaa disciplinary proceedings going to the High Court."
You clearly don't understand how appeals processes in anything work.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 21/06/2019 14:51:09    2198312

Link

Replying To gotmilk:  "You clearly don't understand how appeals processes in anything work."
I actually do, the DRA will consist of legal experts and will look at the incident in greater details than the ordinary gaels which make up the Hearings commitee.

The hearings committee see things as black and white, the DRA not so...

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1841 - 21/06/2019 17:50:00    2198368

Link