Monaghan Forum

Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To greysoil:  "Oh for goodness sake Cavan man. Are you not bored."
I live in Monaghan side of parish.

Bernardo (Monaghan) - Posts: 491 - 12/04/2019 11:20:21    2178548

Link

the list is full of fellas who had their chance and didn't take it,, mealiff mcadam and doogan will be the only ones under any consideration and rightly so..

detruth (Monaghan) - Posts: 193 - 12/04/2019 11:21:40    2178549

Link

Ah play the game will ya ....

The solution will be likely be a few ball winners in half back and half forward, plus one spoiler on McKiernan.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 709 - 12/04/2019 12:53:33    2178569

Link

Replying To Monaghan2000:  "
Replying To MalsBalls:  "[quote=Eddie the Exile:  "Midfield options, other than Kelly and O'Connell, Hughes x2 and Kearns

Neil McAdam (the Shadow)
James Mealiff
Jamie Walsh
Tommy Kerr
Gavin Doogan
Peter 'Andre' O'Hanlon
Aaron Lynch
plus
D Byrne
G McGurk
J Coyle
J McElroy

No shortage of options. Picking just 2 will be the problem."
impressive list...how many have got game time in the last 2 years though?"
Don't think it's a very impressive list to be honest?
If they were that good they would have been on the panel,everyone in monaghan that is good enough to be on the panel are already on it.."]I mean the number of options is impressive. i dont know some of the names if im honest.

Mcadam will likely start vrs cavan and rightly so - he'll keep manners on mckiernan.

What's impressive about the list is the number of options...why are we continually using the hughes'/mcadam/finty/doogan? these guys are so much better and waaaaaayyy more valuable in other positions as seen in club games etc...i seen kearns two years ago in mckenna cup and wondered if he was good enough (genuinely not sure) - and he went on to have a great year last year...he got the chance and proved himself.

Midfield has always been a problem for us up until last year using these "hybrid" lads...surely there's a natural on that list somewhere?? Just ONE in all of county monaghan?

MalsBalls (Monaghan) - Posts: 103 - 12/04/2019 12:55:07    2178570

Link

Replying To MalsBalls:  "
Replying To Monaghan2000:  "[quote=MalsBalls:  "[quote=Eddie the Exile:  "Midfield options, other than Kelly and O'Connell, Hughes x2 and Kearns

Neil McAdam (the Shadow)
James Mealiff
Jamie Walsh
Tommy Kerr
Gavin Doogan
Peter 'Andre' O'Hanlon
Aaron Lynch
plus
D Byrne
G McGurk
J Coyle
J McElroy

No shortage of options. Picking just 2 will be the problem."
impressive list...how many have got game time in the last 2 years though?"
Don't think it's a very impressive list to be honest?
If they were that good they would have been on the panel,everyone in monaghan that is good enough to be on the panel are already on it.."]I mean the number of options is impressive. i dont know some of the names if im honest.

Mcadam will likely start vrs cavan and rightly so - he'll keep manners on mckiernan.

What's impressive about the list is the number of options...why are we continually using the hughes'/mcadam/finty/doogan? these guys are so much better and waaaaaayyy more valuable in other positions as seen in club games etc...i seen kearns two years ago in mckenna cup and wondered if he was good enough (genuinely not sure) - and he went on to have a great year last year...he got the chance and proved himself.

Midfield has always been a problem for us up until last year using these "hybrid" lads...surely there's a natural on that list somewhere?? Just ONE in all of county monaghan?"]I've tried to reply on this topic and give my opinion on a player who I feel would be a perfect fit for Monaghan at midfield, the Admins have not let it through and it's extremely frustrating, hence the reason why it's becoming more and more tedious to post

updafaughs (Monaghan) - Posts: 25 - 15/04/2019 13:24:40    2178935

Link

When you look at the list it's definitely full of lads who have had there chance but one lad in particular from Castleblayney would be the perfect fit if they could manage to get him on board

updafaughs (Monaghan) - Posts: 25 - 15/04/2019 13:36:46    2178941

Link

Replying To updafaughs:  "When you look at the list it's definitely full of lads who have had there chance but one lad in particular from Castleblayney would be the perfect fit if they could manage to get him on board"
Any idea why he's not on the panel then?
Does he not want to commit or has he not been asked into panel

Monaghan2000 (Monaghan) - Posts: 39 - 15/04/2019 14:56:46    2178968

Link

This is were we are been caught out when i keep on about blooding new players during the league.

Management knew Niall and Kieran would be out for most of the year,but didnt bring any cover in............(i understand if players who were asked and turned it down thats ok)

Pete O'Hanlon was on the panel 6 years ago,he got 5 minutes against Armagh in the NFL back in 2014 and that was that....
he is now a far more better footballer and would be a brilliant addition to the squad,granted he might not have the interest anymore but Malachy could do with taking a trip up to Carrick and knock on his door................nothing more than a player would like to feel wanted specially by a manager whos team were a kick of a ball away from an All Ireland Final last year!!!

By the way its.............29 sleeps.

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1366 - 19/04/2019 22:08:16    2179620

Link

Replying To hardcore:  "This is were we are been caught out when i keep on about blooding new players during the league.

Management knew Niall and Kieran would be out for most of the year,but didnt bring any cover in............(i understand if players who were asked and turned it down thats ok)

Pete O'Hanlon was on the panel 6 years ago,he got 5 minutes against Armagh in the NFL back in 2014 and that was that....
he is now a far more better footballer and would be a brilliant addition to the squad,granted he might not have the interest anymore but Malachy could do with taking a trip up to Carrick and knock on his door................nothing more than a player would like to feel wanted specially by a manager whos team were a kick of a ball away from an All Ireland Final last year!!!

By the way its.............29 sleeps."
Interesting reading last year how malachy had Kearns train with the panel the year before he saw the potential in him and wanted to get him up to pace with the other lads on panel. Obvious to me malachy rates his half backs as better midfield options than lads who are midfielders but haven't been on the panel. Id be surprised if he took a punt on someone who hasn't been involved. He rates conditioning v highly for this level and he could well be right. Could be the reason also he doesn't rate mcginn for this season as he has only rejoined panel after bad injury.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1465 - 21/04/2019 16:08:48    2179746

Link

Is jack mccarron injured, he did play for currin v doohamlet last week?

Bernardo (Monaghan) - Posts: 491 - 24/04/2019 14:58:00    2180086

Link

Replying To Bernardo:  "Is jack mccarron injured, he did play for currin v doohamlet last week?"
Are you saying he did or he didn't play for Currin ?

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 171 - 24/04/2019 18:50:30    2180125

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "Are you saying he did or he didn't play for Currin ?"
I heard he didn't play v Doohamlet

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 694 - 25/04/2019 09:25:20    2180171

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "Are you saying he did or he didn't play for Currin ?"
Sorry I meant he did not play not sure what happened the post.

Bernardo (Monaghan) - Posts: 491 - 25/04/2019 12:41:20    2180201

Link

Great to see Niall Kearns back in action tonight.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1840 - 27/04/2019 21:45:16    2180589

Link

Replying To MonaghanGlory:  "I heard he didn't play v Doohamlet"
Jack hit a big score tonight, losing to Carrick

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 709 - 27/04/2019 21:59:16    2180594

Link

Replying To Eddie the Exile:  "Jack hit a big score tonight, losing to Carrick"
How much did he score?

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 694 - 28/04/2019 00:23:48    2180615

Link

Replying To MonaghanGlory:  "How much did he score?"
7 or 8 points anyway.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 709 - 28/04/2019 11:48:32    2180638

Link

Replying To Eddie the Exile:  "7 or 8 points anyway."
He be in good playing form so, could have a big say in Breffini in a few weeks,
how did O'Hanlon do?

MonaghanGlory (Monaghan) - Posts: 694 - 28/04/2019 15:00:31    2180661

Link

great to see niall back last night just worried would he be rushing it after such a serious operation

mrme (USA) - Posts: 22 - 28/04/2019 15:31:04    2180665

Link

Brilliant to see Niall back hope he continues to make good progress,it will take time to get back into full swing but delighted to have him playing.........Now will the real Kieran Hughes please step up!!

Jack hit 1-4

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1366 - 28/04/2019 22:52:49    2180736

Link